Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Does anyone else find it strange Nick has not bothered to ask Adalind. what a hexenbiest can do. He would have to be wondering if Adalind could do what Eve does. I wonder if Adalind will work with Nick like she did with Sean. or will Eve be Nicks Sean, controlling the mission.
Same here - I would have picked her brain and then some! I'd have wanted to left no stone unturned! I'd have even asked about old stories and about the strong ones what all the could do - anything and everything!
(03-11-2016, 09:22 AM)Rotkäppchen Wrote: [ -> ]Same here - I would have picked her brain and then some! I'd have wanted to left no stone unturned! I'd have even asked about old stories and about the strong ones what all the could do - anything and everything!

I think he and Adalind are simply being cautious of one another, too cautious to get into that kind of discussion.
Quizzing Adalind about her hexenbiest self would be a little bit like quizzing someone who happens to be gay about their sexuality. You have to tread pretty lightly when you are asking people about any deeply personal aspect of their identity, especially if it's something over which they have no control.

Plus, Nick probably studied up on hexenbiests before the trailer burned, so he may feel like he knows enough.
(03-11-2016, 10:52 AM)Belle Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2016, 09:22 AM)Rotkäppchen Wrote: [ -> ]Same here - I would have picked her brain and then some! I'd have wanted to left no stone unturned! I'd have even asked about old stories and about the strong ones what all the could do - anything and everything!

I think he and Adalind are simply being cautious of one another, too cautious to get into that kind of discussion.
Quizzing Adalind about her hexenbiest self would be a little bit like quizzing someone who happens to be gay about their sexuality. You have to tread pretty lightly when you are asking people about any deeply personal aspect of their identity, especially if it's something over which they have no control.

Plus, Nick probably studied up on hexenbiests before the trailer burned, so he may feel like he knows enough.
Very good point and I would add the writers may want to change a power so I don't think they would put anything as hard fact. Now in Nick's case they add to his grimm with the hearing and zombie effect. Looks like they added to Eve's powers also as she has shown things about a hexenbiest not seen in any other.
(03-11-2016, 11:52 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2016, 10:52 AM)Belle Wrote: [ -> ]

Very good point and I would add the writers may want to change a power so I don't think they would put anything as hard fact. Now in Nick's case they add to his grimm with the hearing and zombie effect. Looks like the added to Eve's powers also as she has shown things about a hexenbiest not seen in any other.

Hexenbiest powers do seem oddly variable.
Henrietta was supposed to be super powerful, but Jack the Ripper still managed to use Renard to get one over on her.
Renard himself on the other hand doesn't seem to be able to do anything besides make half his face look gnarly. I know he's only 1/2 hexenbiest, but still, what's the point if it all comes down to what basically seems like a parlor trick?
Then they portray Juliette as so over the top powerful it seems like HW could save themselves a lot of trouble by simply sending her on every single mission.
(03-11-2016, 01:59 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone else find it strange Nick has not bothered to ask Adalind. what a hexenbiest can do. He would have to be wondering if Adalind could do what Eve does. I wonder if Adalind will work with Nick like she did with Sean. or will Eve be Nicks Sean, controlling the mission.

This is a good question. I also find it rather strange that Adalind would confide to Rosalee about the hexenbiest spirit and how unpredictable it is. But she won't talk to Nick about it.

If the powers that be want to make these two a couple, why not have them share some interesting things with one another?
From the story point of view. Telling Nick up front what to expect, would cause less of a negative reaction when she does change back. From a writers standpoint, Adalind not telling Nick now makes for a very interesting confrontation.

It is amazing how people are on the Nadlind train. Do they really think Adalind is not going to move on to her next opportunity. When the living together started, what was Adalind's biggest complaint. She did not feel right accepting things from Nick.
(03-11-2016, 06:28 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]From the story point of view. Telling Nick up front what to expect, would cause less of a negative reaction when she does change back. From a writers standpoint, Adalind not telling Nick now makes for a very interesting confrontation.

It is amazing how people are on the Nadlind train. Do they really think Adalind is not going to move on to her next opportunity. When the living together started, what was Adalind's biggest complaint. She did not feel right accepting things from Nick.

I would think adalind being uncomfortable relying on nick for everything is a good sign.
She wants to be his partner, not some leech or a "kept" woman.
For me, Adalind's desire to contribute to their home is evidence that she's going to be a good match for Nick.
(03-11-2016, 06:28 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]From the story point of view. Telling Nick up front what to expect, would cause less of a negative reaction when she does change back. From a writers standpoint, Adalind not telling Nick now makes for a very interesting confrontation.

Very true. And while interesting, it may not be the best method of storytelling because it's not something we haven't seen before. Why not go a different route and have Adalind tell Nick what to expect?

(03-11-2016, 06:28 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]It is amazing how people are on the Nadlind train. Do they really think Adalind is not going to move on to her next opportunity. When the living together started, what was Adalind's biggest complaint. She did not feel right accepting things from Nick.

I was not for this pairing for a few reasons.

First, is the series so lacking in storytelling that Nick has to have a live in girlfriend to pick up slack? I saw little chemistry with Juliette and in my opinion, it would have been a much better story if she'd have just left him flat.

Second, we've all heard Marie's warning of doom about Juliette. And what happened? Nick lost Juliette. Did Nick listen? No, he went out and got another live in.

Third, just because Adalind is a regular in the series, that does not make her the natural choice for Nick. She's just as boring as lacking in chemistry as Juliette was.
Henrietta was shown to be capable of seducing Nick with her Hexenbiest powers. Why was this scene included if it was never going to be brought up again? I'm not saying this is what Adalind is doing because it's clear that they have mutual feeling for one another. I'm just wondering why this has never even been hinted at again. I guess it's possible this could happen later on with Juliette but it seems like a Hexenbiest's powers of seduction have been dropped. It seemed like a big deal at the time. I think Nick resisting temptation from Eve could have done his character some good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43