Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
(03-11-2016, 10:50 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2016, 06:28 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]From the story point of view. Telling Nick up front what to expect, would cause less of a negative reaction when she does change back. From a writers standpoint, Adalind not telling Nick now makes for a very interesting confrontation.

Very true. And while interesting, it may not be the best method of storytelling because it's not something we haven't seen before. Why not go a different route and have Adalind tell Nick what to expect?

(03-11-2016, 06:28 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]It is amazing how people are on the Nadlind train. Do they really think Adalind is not going to move on to her next opportunity. When the living together started, what was Adalind's biggest complaint. She did not feel right accepting things from Nick.

I was not for this pairing for a few reasons.

First, is the series so lacking in storytelling that Nick has to have a live in girlfriend to pick up slack? I saw little chemistry with Juliette and in my opinion, it would have been a much better story if she'd have just left him flat.

Second, we've all heard Marie's warning of doom about Juliette. And what happened? Nick lost Juliette. Did Nick listen? No, he went out and got another live in.

Third, just because Adalind is a regular in the series, that does not make her the natural choice for Nick. She's just as boring as lacking in chemistry as Juliette was.
No surprise here but I would say Adalind is better for Nick than Juliette. Some of the reason are only option so don't forget the 5 dollars. Adalind has alway lived the wesen life so she understands the real Grimm life better tha Juliette every could. I see Adalind and Nick having better on screen connection the draw from each other. Now maybe because the two characters were dating they didn't want that to come out on the scenes so maybe the under reacted on scene.

Adalind has problems now because the took LBB so has problems trusting this would happen again so now she a little needy, but I do see that fading now I only hope she doesn't put off telling Nick to long. She may fear what will happen but bad new never waits good news can.

The writer give something to the Nick and Adalind characters they didn't show with Nick and Juliette look at the scene where Nick notices that Adalind isn't herself, I could be wrong but never seen either Nick or Juliette react that way. So Nick the writers have given Nick a connection to Adalind they didn't Juliette.

Now the big question they have kind of set up can what they what found stop Adalind's hexenbiest? I've said this in another post in the previews we see Adalind talking to a tall man is this Sean I say that because the expression her face the smile and things are the old Adalind. So should we take this she goes back to Sean or is she working with Nick to find out if Sean is now working with BC? I hope the latter.

Thoughts idea?
(03-12-2016, 06:10 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]I've said this in another post in the previews we see Adalind talking to a tall man is this Sean I say that because the expression her face the smile and things are the old Adalind.

Probably Meisner.
Juliette and Nick had no on screen chemistry.
Nick and Adalind do.

No matter what Nick and Adalaind have, the Gimm-hexenbiest animosity goes way back and is far to potent to be overcome in a mere moment. The link they share through baby Kelly is a means to overcome that obstacle. They will drift a part at least for a time. That's my prediction.
let's consider we have seen Adalind twice use her powers. both times without control. She could not stop bending tony's fingers. The boiling water was also out of her control. Maybe that is temporary. With time maybe control will come back. All it would take is one unintentional act, and Nick would view it as a dangerous and out of control ability. That she got her powers back right after having sex with Nick. Will it be a consideration, will it be a consideration only in Nicks mind, will it be a consideration from all. With all the comments Monroe has made about Nick and Adalind sex life, I can;t imagine this not being commented on.

If i had to guess Rosalee will tell Monroe, but Monroe will not tell Nick for a while. Maybe once things start getting so tense between Nick and Adalind. He may feel if Nick understood why things could get back to they way they where.
(03-12-2016, 06:10 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]No surprise here but I would say Adalind is better for Nick than Juliette. Some of the reason are only option so don't forget the 5 dollars. Adalind has alway lived the wesen life so she understands the real Grimm life better tha Juliette every could.

Adalind may understand the Grimm life, but what is it exactly that Nick understands about Adalind? Take yesterday's episode. Everyone is gathered around to see what's in the box. Everyone, but Adalind. I'm reading between the lines here, but it seems Nick did not want her there.

(03-12-2016, 06:10 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]I see Adalind and Nick having better on screen connection the draw from each other. Now maybe because the two characters were dating they didn't want that to come out on the scenes so maybe the under reacted on scene.

Maybe what I'm thinking is a lack of chemistry between the two is actually a lack of trust on Nick's part.
(03-12-2016, 06:10 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2016, 10:50 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2016, 06:28 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]From the story point of view. Telling Nick up front what to expect, would cause less of a negative reaction when she does change back. From a writers standpoint, Adalind not telling Nick now makes for a very interesting confrontation.

Very true. And while interesting, it may not be the best method of storytelling because it's not something we haven't seen before. Why not go a different route and have Adalind tell Nick what to expect?

(03-11-2016, 06:28 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]It is amazing how people are on the Nadlind train. Do they really think Adalind is not going to move on to her next opportunity. When the living together started, what was Adalind's biggest complaint. She did not feel right accepting things from Nick.

I was not for this pairing for a few reasons.

First, is the series so lacking in storytelling that Nick has to have a live in girlfriend to pick up slack? I saw little chemistry with Juliette and in my opinion, it would have been a much better story if she'd have just left him flat.

Second, we've all heard Marie's warning of doom about Juliette. And what happened? Nick lost Juliette. Did Nick listen? No, he went out and got another live in.

Third, just because Adalind is a regular in the series, that does not make her the natural choice for Nick. She's just as boring as lacking in chemistry as Juliette was.
No surprise here but I would say Adalind is better for Nick than Juliette. Some of the reason are only option so don't forget the 5 dollars. Adalind has alway lived the wesen life so she understands the real Grimm life better tha Juliette every could. I see Adalind and Nick having better on screen connection the draw from each other. Now maybe because the two characters were dating they didn't want that to come out on the scenes so maybe the under reacted on scene.

Adalind has problems now because the took LBB so has problems trusting this would happen again so now she a little needy, but I do see that fading now I only hope she doesn't put off telling Nick to long. She may fear what will happen but bad new never waits good news can.

The writer give something to the Nick and Adalind characters they didn't show with Nick and Juliette look at the scene where Nick notices that Adalind isn't herself, I could be wrong but never seen either Nick or Juliette react that way. So Nick the writers have given Nick a connection to Adalind they didn't Juliette.

Now the big question they have kind of set up can what they what found stop Adalind's hexenbiest? I've said this in another post in the previews we see Adalind talking to a tall man is this Sean I say that because the expression her face the smile and things are the old Adalind. So should we take this she goes back to Sean or is she working with Nick to find out if Sean is now working with BC? I hope the latter.

Thoughts idea?

I agree, Nick and Adalind are a great match . They both are from the same world but complete opposite. They have great chemistry and she could be a great help to the Scooby gang. Claire cofee said Nick will find out about the her powers 6 episodes later. But I am hoping he finds out about it but pretends to not know about it.
Adalind will meet Sean near a garage and something bad happens. The person she meets is Sean. She had posted the picture on Twitter and Instagram.

I am #Nadalinder fan so I believe she will be a DOUBLE AGENT . She herself said she hates the person she becomes when she has powers. I think she is afraid she won't be able to resist her powers but I am a firm believer. I have faith that she will not succumb to it.
Adalind is not trusted. Everyone else participated in the opening of the box. Nick asked "Rosalee to get everyone over here". She not only did not call Adalind, Nick did not seem to care. Consider how before Nick left his last thought was how far she went to get the key. Now he has what they hid he is not so trusting of her. Does he even tell her what they found. The show really seems to be going out of it's way to create trust issues between these two. The last time the show manipulated a relationship we ended up with Eve. We have Sean being questionable, plus Adalind making alliances, this mistrust will be the reason. The idea of Nadalind seems doomed. I just can't figure out how Kelly fits into this. He was obviously absent in this 100th episode. Bitsie did say Eve was going to intervene to get Nick's mind back on the mission. The Adalind, Kelly issue would surly have his mind on them instead of the job. One thing I can say. I don't see the show doing any shipping the rest of the season.
(03-12-2016, 06:10 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]No surprise here but I would say Adalind is better for Nick than Juliette. Some of the reason are only option so don't forget the 5 dollars. Adalind has alway lived the wesen life so she understands the real Grimm life better tha Juliette every could.

That might have been true when Juliette was still around and being deliberately left out of everything by the scoobies.

But that episode from Friday.......no way. If anything, Eve was more Grimm than Nick. She tracked down the sniper in no time flat, used a great diversion to trip him up, and then used her hexenbiest powers to incapacitate him. The really cool thing about it was, she didn't kill him.

On the other hand, the police did. If Nick had been there, Nick would have killed him and then made it look like he was doing what he had to do.

She may be a weapon, but in the last episode, she proved she understands the Grimm world very well.
(03-13-2016, 08:21 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

That might have been true when Juliette was still around and being deliberately left out of everything by the scoobies.

But that episode from Friday.......no way. If anything, Eve was more Grimm than Nick. She tracked down the sniper in no time flat, used a great diversion to trip him up, and then used her hexenbiest powers to incapacitate him. The really cool thing about it was, she didn't kill him.

On the other hand, the police did. If Nick had been there, Nick would have killed him and then made it look like he was doing what he had to do.

She may be a weapon, but in the last episode, she proved she understands the Grimm world very well.
It's a given I am going to disagree. Eve didn't kill because that wasn't her mission if it had been she would have killed him in less than a heartbeat. She use tricks Nick doesn't have so yes if Nick had been there likely he would have killed him, not because he wanted to but because the guy would have seen a Grimm and attacked.

He had put a police officer in the hospital, killed the guy in his own apt, and killed Dixon so we know any police officer would have considered him armed and dangerous.

Eve can do the HW work but you are one always talking about law now we have Eve who makes Nick and Scooby's look like pikers compared to Eve she kill more in one fight that Nick has in 4 seasons.
(03-13-2016, 11:30 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a given I am going to disagree. Eve didn't kill because that wasn't her mission if it had been she would have killed him in less than a heartbeat. She use tricks Nick doesn't have so yes if Nick had been there likely he would have killed him, not because he wanted to but because the guy would have seen a Grimm and attacked.

In my opinion, this is what makes Eve so much more understanding of the wesen world than Nick. She studied the wesen sniper to gauge what he was going to do. She noted her surroundings, and used them to trip the guy up. That shows a deep understanding of her opponent. She didn't give him any advantage, not even a wesen one. I'd say she's miles ahead of Nick in understanding wesen.
(03-13-2016, 01:11 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2016, 11:30 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a given I am going to disagree. Eve didn't kill because that wasn't her mission if it had been she would have killed him in less than a heartbeat. She use tricks Nick doesn't have so yes if Nick had been there likely he would have killed him, not because he wanted to but because the guy would have seen a Grimm and attacked.

In my opinion, this is what makes Eve so much more understanding of the wesen world than Nick. She studied the wesen sniper to gauge what he was going to do. She noted her surroundings, and used them to trip the guy up. That shows a deep understanding of her opponent. She didn't give him any advantage, not even a wesen one. I'd say she's miles ahead of Nick in understanding wesen.
In one way I could agree Nick isn't wesen I doubt anyone not wesen really understands wesen. Eve is a hexenbiest how she got to be that way isn't spelled out but she is she knows (note I didn't say understands) how to use the powers of a hexenbiest but does she understand the life of a life long hexenbiest? Does she understand the history behind that life? Does she understand anything about other wesen?

You said she didn't kill that guy, but we know if ordered she would have, now let's say he made her as following him and woged to scare a human away what would have happened then?

Nick as a Grimm knows that his life after becoming a Grimm isn't the same not sure if he has as good of a handle on being a Grimm as Trublel does.. In a odd way Trubel is the true Grimm, the Kelly Grimm I believe this is the true form of a Grimm. So we see a true Grimm Trubel and a different Grimm Nick, note here that Nick has changed Trubel to some degree but Trubel hasn't changed Nick.

I'm sure HW likes the Trubel Grimm more than they will the Nick Grimm, he may not be what HW wants when the try and use him like Trubel, but they may want the wesen with them that Nick can bring. One thing HW needs is intel Trubel rep is going to go against this but Nick rep will help.

Long run just to get to I still see Nick as understanding the wesen world better than Eve. Sure did take the long way around to get there.Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43