Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
(03-02-2016, 09:25 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Their is something very unique about Nick. He meet Monroe. That is the only reason I can see he was not like his mom or aunt. EVen his aunt on her death bed, Monroe their to protect her, was ready to take him on.

We differ on this point. It was Monroe who made the first move to befriend Nick, not the other way around. I give Nick credit for going along with it and not killing him, but in my opinion that doesn't make him special or unique. Now if as the result of his friendship, Nick went out of his way to learn more about different kinds of wesen and befriend other species, I would think differently about how unique he was.

(03-02-2016, 09:25 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]How would it even be possible to be just fine without someone to walk you through the introduction.

If you believe that all Grimms are just like Trubel and Nick, then it's not possible. I don't. I think Grimms are different just like wesen are different.
Quote:We differ on this point. It was Monroe who made the first move to befriend Nick, not the other way around. I give Nick credit for going along with it and not killing him, but in my opinion that doesn't make him special or unique. Now if as the result of his friendship, Nick went out of his way to learn more about different kinds of wesen and befriend other species, I would think differently about how unique he was.
Every wesen Nick has meet the first response is fear, and then to attack. Even Monroes uncle responded by attacking. I am saying that Nick is Unique because his first encounter was with Monroee. Had it been any other wesen he would have killed them or they would have killed him. If initial contact with a grimm is also and attack. When would a grimm every have the chance to learn that all wesen are not violent.

the one that that is been shown in all wesen they see a Grimm they attack.
(03-03-2016, 06:41 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:We differ on this point. It was Monroe who made the first move to befriend Nick, not the other way around. I give Nick credit for going along with it and not killing him, but in my opinion that doesn't make him special or unique. Now if as the result of his friendship, Nick went out of his way to learn more about different kinds of wesen and befriend other species, I would think differently about how unique he was.
Every wesen Nick has meet the first response is fear, and then to attack. Even Monroes uncle responded by attacking. I am saying that Nick is Unique because his first encounter was with Monroee. Had it been any other wesen he would have killed them or they would have killed him. If initial contact with a grimm is also and attack. When would a grimm every have the chance to learn that all wesen are not violent.

the one that that is been shown in all wesen they see a Grimm they attack.

That would make Nick unique as compared to say his mother or Aunt Marie or Trubel. I just think there are other Grimms out there who are even more unique than Nick. With the exception of Bud, Nick for the most part, stopped after Monroe. It would have been interesting to see him try his hand at working with other wesen. I think it would have made for a better television series too.
(03-03-2016, 05:53 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2016, 09:25 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Their is something very unique about Nick. He meet Monroe. That is the only reason I can see he was not like his mom or aunt. EVen his aunt on her death bed, Monroe their to protect her, was ready to take him on.

We differ on this point. It was Monroe who made the first move to befriend Nick, not the other way around. I give Nick credit for going along with it and not killing him, but in my opinion that doesn't make him special or unique. Now if as the result of his friendship, Nick went out of his way to learn more about different kinds of wesen and befriend other species, I would think differently about how unique he was.

(03-02-2016, 09:25 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]How would it even be possible to be just fine without someone to walk you through the introduction.

If you believe that all Grimms are just like Trubel and Nick, then it's not possible. I don't. I think Grimms are different just like wesen are different.
The first meeting with Monroe wasn't what makes Nick unique as a Grimm it what he takes away from the meeting. Nick now talks first if given the chance and then for the most part disarms the wesen. Look at his first meeting with Freddie or Rosalee or Bud. This is the unique Grimm.

Now for Trubel she is still learning because in her life ever wesen who seen a Grimm did attack only Nick has shown her the other side of wesen. Monroe Uncle was faced with 2 Grimm's a shock for him that is why he woged Trubel went into auto mode and attacked also, but she was the first to say she was sorry. Grimm and wesen getting along is new to most wesen.

Guess should asked if this was always the way of Grimms and wesen. Maybe it wasn't until the Grimms joined the royals just a thought.
(03-03-2016, 07:48 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]The first meeting with Monroe wasn't what makes Nick unique as a Grimm it what he takes away from the meeting. Nick now talks first if given the chance and then for the most part disarms the wesen. Look at his first meeting with Freddie or Rosalee or Bud. This is the unique Grimm.

I don't agree, js. I think other Grimms may have taken that approach as well. So in my opinion, Nick is not unique. He's just the only Grimm we've seen in his family line that's done this. If he really wanted to be among the more unique Grimms, he would have done more than simply befriend Monroe or Freddie or Rosalee, or even Bud. Cops are known for getting to know criminals and other characters. Not only does it establish a reputation with them on the street, they have sources of information. When has Nick ever taken this newfound knowledge to the next level and gone outside his immediate circle to make new acquaintances? Never. What an opportunity for him to use his new found knowledge and get acquainted with the street wesen. That might have been a huge, huge advantage in his favor with Black Claw rather than having to trust HW with information on them.
I am seeing Nick as unique because Monroee should him this wild beast he sees is not always dangerous. This is what allows Nick to befriend wesen instead of killing them. We know this is unique by the book and by the reaction of every wesen we have seen. The fight or flight response is so strong I have wondered is it by reputation or is it instinctual.

Nick has used his unique approach to wesen to go out of his immediate circle. How many times after the freak out, that is what I call it. Has Nick said I'am not going to hurt you , and he gets the reply "I have heard of you". That alone says Nick is unique, or should I say his approach is unique. I would imagine any Grimm with Nick introduction would develop the same approach. Trubel is an example. Under Nick she no longer reacted as a bheader. I was thinking that is why HW wanted Nick so bad. Because he does have this connection and reputation with wesen. Like Monroee was telling Xavier he is a Grimm that will protect us, I trust him with my life. I see this as a needed tool if HW wants the as Felix put it, wesen that are no longer wild to side with HW and feel protected from BC. That is why I also see the spice shop becoming a sort of sanctuary for wesen from BC. With Buds help word will spread wesen have protection from BC. That was Xavier's problem he felt he had no where to turn to escape from BC. The meeting in the spice shop in "Wesen Nacht" is what the spice shop will become. I think the "Wesen killing Wesen that's not right, delivery was great, they had just the right character deliver it.
(03-03-2016, 08:26 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2016, 07:48 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]The first meeting with Monroe wasn't what makes Nick unique as a Grimm it what he takes away from the meeting. Nick now talks first if given the chance and then for the most part disarms the wesen. Look at his first meeting with Freddie or Rosalee or Bud. This is the unique Grimm.

I don't agree, js. I think other Grimms may have taken that approach as well. So in my opinion, Nick is not unique. He's just the only Grimm we've seen in his family line that's done this. If he really wanted to be among the more unique Grimms, he would have done more than simply befriend Monroe or Freddie or Rosalee, or even Bud. Cops are known for getting to know criminals and other characters. Not only does it establish a reputation with them on the street, they have sources of information. When has Nick ever taken this newfound knowledge to the next level and gone outside his immediate circle to make new acquaintances? Never. What an opportunity for him to use his new found knowledge and get acquainted with the street wesen. That might have been a huge, huge advantage in his favor with Black Claw rather than having to trust HW with information on them.

I remembered two episodes that the writers simply dropped from the show.

1. The bee like wesen from episode 2 or 3 of season 1. Those wesen wanted to warn Nick about a coming danger. Somehow apparently those type of wesen is not afraid of grimm and they tried to help Nick. Imagine a like Trubel grimm finding one like them... This grimm would be a different one.

2. There were an episode in season one where a like pig wesen was killing bludbaden. That wesen said Nick that as grimm Nick should help him to fight against the bludbaden. If there are wesens that for some reason work with Grimm if a like Trubel grimm finds first a wesen like that, this grimm would have a different view about wesen.

3. Marie was girlfriend of a wesen. Maybe it is not so unusual for grimm to be friend or have some kind of relationship with wesens.
(03-03-2016, 06:34 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]

1. The bee like wesen from episode 2 or 3 of season 1. Those wesen wanted to warn Nick about a coming danger. Somehow apparently those type of wesen is not afraid of grimm and they tried to help Nick. Imagine a like Trubel grimm finding one like them... This grimm would be a different one.

2. There were an episode in season one where a like pig wesen was killing bludbaden. That wesen said Nick that as grimm Nick should help him to fight against the bludbaden. If there are wesens that for some reason work with Grimm if a like Trubel grimm finds first a wesen like that, this grimm would have a different view about wesen.

3. Marie was girlfriend of a wesen. Maybe it is not so unusual for grimm to be friend or have some kind of relationship with wesens.
You're right the Mellifer worked with Grimms and the Bauerschwein cop told Nick there had never been trouble between them and Grimms. I would ask why did Bud fear a Grimm what was in their history?

Something some place in history may have changed the Grimm wesen relationships question is what and when?

Trubel had never met a wesen who didn't attack her and she still has this attack first mindset. Now for the big one should Nick also get into this mindset or should he keep working with Trubel to change her mindset?
(03-04-2016, 11:05 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2016, 06:34 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]

You're right the Mellifer worked with Grimms and the Bauerschwein cop told Nick there had never been trouble between them and Grimms. I would ask why did Bud fear a Grimm what was in their history?

Something some place in history may have changed the Grimm wesen relationships question is what and when?

Trubel had never met a wesen who didn't attack her and she still has this attack first mindset. Now for the big one should Nick also get into this mindset or should he keep working with Trubel to change her mindset?

Well, the situation with BC being what it is, I gotta go with "shoot first and ask questions later" for now at least. Hate to be that way, but there it is. Confused
(03-03-2016, 06:34 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]3. Marie was girlfriend of a wesen. Maybe it is not so unusual for grimm to be friend or have some kind of relationship with wesens.

That's right! Here I was thinking Nick was the unique one from his family but he really wasn't all that unique. I'm assuming Marie and her boyfriend were probably good friends before taking it to the next level. Good catch!

In my opinion, though, it doesn't make a lot of sense that Grimms and wesen and even humans wouldn't form close relationships and even marry one another. I'm not saying that happens to all of them, but I would imagine it happens more often than not.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43