Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
I was surprised and touched by Monroe's show of grief in last week's episode. And that brings me to Nick. I have to say I haven't seen anything from him that would translate to what I would call grief. Even when he found out where Kelly was buried, he showed little emotion.

Considering the lifestyle of Grimms, I am wondering if they're incapable of feeling grief. Thoughts?
Quote:I was surprised and touched by Monroe's show of grief in last week's episode. And that brings me to Nick. I have to say I haven't seen anything from him that would translate to what I would call grief. Even when he found out where Kelly was buried, he showed little emotion.

Considering the lifestyle of Grimms, I am wondering if they're incapable of feeling grief. Thoughts?
Nick showed grief not like monroee but in proportion to his show of joy. Have we seen Nick get really excited about anything?
What I see about Juliette and Nick vs Adalind and Nick. With Juliette they both showed little outward emotions. That is why the Adalind as Juliette with Nick seemed so hard to believe Nick did not know it was not Juliette. Adalind was wild and passionate, Nick even commented. Nick and Juliette where just alike. Nick and Adalind are opposites. We are seeing the more confidence Adalind gets the more she injects herself into things. Juliette would ask, Adalind does. It seems the more Nick accepts Adalind and seeing her as the enemy, the more he starts to look at Eve as Eve. I am thinking we are going to start seeing more Kelly in him. The restaurant was a good start.

We have seen Trubel work with Eve, showing Trubel respects Eve's abilities. Let's see what Nick does. Let's not forget other then the spice shop Nick has not seen any magic. He has no idea what a hexenbiest can do. He only knows they make potions. Now he knows Eve can kill from a distance with her mind. That has to be unsettling. I was hoping Trubel would tell Nick what Eve said about owning Juliette nothing. Help put his mind at ease. I wonder if Nick would have ran out with an end this one way or the other attitude. If he know what Eve could do. Would he have even challenged her about his mom. I noticed Nick did not comment about you owe me for a trailer.
We have had 10 episode this season and Nick hasn't been Nick. The factory he was in trouble with 1 wesen. At the meeting with Eve he did take on 2 and win. Trubel took care of the lake problem. In the last episode 7 knight he didn't even get in a lick on the Aubus, it would have worked better of Nick to take one do and turn to Monroe and said he all yours. So why are the writers setting up a weak Nick does anyone see a reason for this?

Is this something to with the object making him the real bad a** Grimm that no one can take down. If that was the case did the Grimm's hide it and not use it?
(02-24-2016, 10:03 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I was surprised and touched by Monroe's show of grief in last week's episode. And that brings me to Nick. I have to say I haven't seen anything from him that would translate to what I would call grief. Even when he found out where Kelly was buried, he showed little emotion.

This is a very interesting thought. I somewhat agree with you that it may be something to do with Grimm's experiencing and displaying emotions differently. Because when you think about it, what strong emotions have we seen Nick show? After his mother's death was the most emotional that he got, and even that (in my opinion) was disproportionate to the events. He wasn't angry/upset/grief filled enough for what happened, even when the writer's promised off that he would be. We haven't seen Trubel or Kelly show too many strong emotions either, so this definitely could be something about Grimm's.

On the other hand, Silas Weir Mitchel is also just a stronger actor than David Guintoli, so I think he is able to better portray complex emotions.
(02-24-2016, 10:03 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I was surprised and touched by Monroe's show of grief in last week's episode. And that brings me to Nick. I have to say I haven't seen anything from him that would translate to what I would call grief. Even when he found out where Kelly was buried, he showed little emotion.

Hi Irukandji,
Grimms do have emotion. From 1.22, Woman in Black, the final scene where Nick is reunited with his Mother, Kelly Burkhardt:
Quote:Kelly: Nicky, it's me.
Nick: Mom?
[Image: latest?cb=20150605191115]
IMO, Kelly's face shows emotion.
Then from 4.21, Headache:
NBC Recap of final scene:
Quote:When Nick, Hank
and Trubel arrive, Trubel spots a box on the living room floor with blood seeping out of it. Nick kneels beside it and slowly opens it... revealing his mother's head. He backs away slowly before crumpling to the floor, screaming in pain. Again we're left to wonder, Juliette, what have you done?
http://www.nbc.com/grimm/video/nicks-tru...ry/2864726
IMO, Nick felt and expressed grief.
Note the NBC comment "Again we're left to wonder, Juliette, what have you done?"
New Guy
If you noticed in each of your examples of Nick not being on his game. These were incidents that allowed the other characters to show their abilities. We now have seen that Eve, Meisner, Monroe, and Trubel, are extreme deadly weapons. Take Monroe before now we had never seen him go full on Blutbad. I really liked the scared look on Nicks face until Monroe calmed down. Even in the restaurant that was a different knife throwing Ninja fighting Nick then we have seen before. There is only one more to go that is Adalind. Think of these first episodes as doing a roll call for team HW. The back half of season 5, will be action packed and less drama.
(02-25-2016, 01:14 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Irukandji,
Grimms do have emotion. From 1.22, Woman in Black, the final scene where Nick is reunited with his Mother, Kelly Burkhardt:
Quote:Kelly: Nicky, it's me.
Nick: Mom?
[Image: latest?cb=20150605191115]
IMO, Kelly's face shows emotion.
Then from 4.21, Headache:
NBC Recap of final scene:
Quote:When Nick, Hank
and Trubel arrive, Trubel spots a box on the living room floor with blood seeping out of it. Nick kneels beside it and slowly opens it... revealing his mother's head. He backs away slowly before crumpling to the floor, screaming in pain. Again we're left to wonder, Juliette, what have you done?
http://www.nbc.com/grimm/video/nicks-tru...ry/2864726
IMO, Nick felt and expressed grief.
Note the NBC comment "Again we're left to wonder, Juliette, what have you done?"
New Guy

New Guy-I didn't say he was emotionless. I said he did not show what I would translate to grief. Even when he was at his mother's burial plot, he showed little emotion.

Btw....I am asking that we refrain from discussing Juliette in this thread. It is after all, Nick's thread
Hi Irukandji,
Regarding your comment:
Quote:Btw....I am asking that we refrain from discussing Juliette in this thread. It is after all, Nick's thread
You seem to be referring to the NBC recap of 4.22:
Quote:When Nick, Hank and Trubel arrive, Trubel spots a box on the living room floor with blood seeping out of it. Nick kneels beside it and slowly opens it... revealing his mother's head. He backs away slowly before crumpling to the floor, screaming in pain. Again we're left to wonder, Juliette, what have you done?
Juliette's betrayal of Kelly was fundamental to her death and Nick's grief. It will have profoundly affect Nick's future decisions. Trust is vital to personal and professional relations.
New Guy
@New Guy
Grimm's are supposed to be unemotional. As the manticore said 'they're easier to kill, when emotional'. Nick's different there too. He has friendships and feelings. The way he is processing his emotions is having an impact on his ability to function as a Grimm. Nick's stronger as a Grimm when his emotions line up with the task at end. ZombieGrimm is an emotional state. It's the right response to a given situation triggered by an emotion.
(02-25-2016, 09:55 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]We have had 10 episode this season and Nick hasn't been Nick. The factory he was in trouble with 1 wesen. At the meeting with Eve he did take on 2 and win. Trubel took care of the lake problem. In the last episode 7 knight he didn't even get in a lick on the Aubus, it would have worked better of Nick to take one do and turn to Monroe and said he all yours. So why are the writers setting up a weak Nick does anyone see a reason for this?

Is this something to with the object making him the real bad a** Grimm that no one can take down. If that was the case did the Grimm's hide it and not use it?

Not to mention last season's fight with Juliette. Had a stranglehold on her only because she let him. When she decided to get serious, he was down on the floor helpless in a heartbeat and Trubel had to save him. I'm not saying he should have beat Juliette, but at least let him put up a good fight worthy of a Grimm before going down. The fight should have been like the one Nick and Adalind's moms had.

Remember when he was batting tossed fruit out the air blindfolded? When he took on those three alligator guys in cramped quarters? When he took down those assassins the Royals sent. When he was the one saving people, not the other way around? All that years ago... instead of getting better, he's regressing. I haven't been counting, but this season, the number of times he's been competent is probably about the same as the number of times he's been completely underwhelming.

It's getting on my nerves actually. It's just seriously lazy writing making Nick look like a chump so someone else can look good. The show really loses its touch and charm when BS like this happens. Take everyone else up a notch or two, bring Nick down a few, and all of a sudden it makes you wonder what's so damn special about a Grimm anyways.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43