Grimm Forum

Full Version: Trubel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
(06-09-2014, 01:19 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2014, 12:59 PM)BymagaJones Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, I will admit here and now that I love the term "Stabby Spice", and I'm going to steal it to use it as often as I can.

Secondly, what you said about her playing like a 13 year old girl's idea of a strong woman rang so absolutely true to me. That is so on the money! I just thought of it as her stunted growth, considering how much she's been on her own. We'll have to see how much she evolves as a character - does she continue to act the same way, or does she learn and grow?

This is dead on the money. The character is basically feral. She has been in and out of foster homes, group homes and mental institutions. She now has the opportunity to be socialized as part of a 'family and friends' group of people who have strong bonds to one another and learn how to act like a young woman.

The question is, will that be the path the character takes on the show, or will she remain "Stabby Spice".Tongue

Remain Stabby Spice. I see so much of what Kelly might have been like when younger. No emotion, single focus, survival, one goal complete the mission, Trubel is a soldier just like Nick's mom.
(06-23-2014, 05:48 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2014, 01:19 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2014, 12:59 PM)BymagaJones Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, I will admit here and now that I love the term "Stabby Spice", and I'm going to steal it to use it as often as I can.

Secondly, what you said about her playing like a 13 year old girl's idea of a strong woman rang so absolutely true to me. That is so on the money! I just thought of it as her stunted growth, considering how much she's been on her own. We'll have to see how much she evolves as a character - does she continue to act the same way, or does she learn and grow?

This is dead on the money. The character is basically feral. She has been in and out of foster homes, group homes and mental institutions. She now has the opportunity to be socialized as part of a 'family and friends' group of people who have strong bonds to one another and learn how to act like a young woman.

The question is, will that be the path the character takes on the show, or will she remain "Stabby Spice".Tongue

Remain Stabby Spice. I see so much of what Kelly might have been like when younger. No emotion, single focus, survival, one goal complete the mission, Trubel is a soldier just like Nick's mom.

Well, that's a problem for me. If the character is going to stick around she needs more depth. As a veteran, I understand "completing the mission" very well! But we had lives besides the one in uniform.
further support of Trubel being Marie's child. Trubel and Nick are 11 years apart. She is 21 he is 32. coincidence writers made the dates fit. Maria and Farley separated just before Nick arrived (maybe with the baby). Rember both side do not approve mixed relations. The problem of mixed relations is a real focal point (Monroe and Roselee meeting the parent), Renard and his mom having to be on the run. When Nick and Trubel meet they seemed to be searching for a vague familiarity, even Trubel asking if they are related. A Grimm Weson combination is the only combination not in the show. You also need an explanation why Trubel is faster and quicker then Nick or even His mom. Take the fight scene's in "My Fair Wesen" she is able to cover great distance in a single move.
Even as fast as Nick's mother is she is not that fast. (even adjusting for moms older age). If she is Marie's child and half weson she would be half Steinadler (an eagle) which would make her comment at the end of "My Fair Weson" strange to be the hunter have a double meaning. Plus it would explain why she had trouble controlling her hunter instincts (of course that could just be the grimm in her). Remember all her life she was a victim. So where would she get hunter instincts unless they are part of her. Even the way she takes Donna down she pounces on her like an eagle would do. Even when we first meet Truble the first two are mauled (the result if claws where used), the girl in the park is sliced. Also being half Grimm and Half Weson would give a good explanation for the need to be on the run. even giving a good reason to join up with Nick's mother. Would also give an opportunity to address the problems Nick mom will have raising a hexenbiest. Plus with Trubel being Steinadler, it would be eaiser to explain and more acceptable why the child is with here, then why a Grimm is with a hexenbiest child. A point that really leaves a whole in the writters plot line. A Grimm hiding a hexenbiest! Right and that is not going to be noticed. The minute the weson community sees this the word would spread like wild fire. A Steinadler with a Hexenbiest child (Mother bird syndrome), the community might not give it a second thought. Plus Monroe finding out the person he thought hated weson (remeber when Marie was in the hospital) has a child that is half wevson. Would give him a differenct opinion of Grimms and the burkhardts.
Things you want to know. will Trubel ever get a red leather coat. AKA Bo in Lost Girl and Emma from Ounce upon a time. Juliette offered to take her shopping. Why not us this to introduce the red coat. In the other two shows it was used to show the turning point in the characters understanding and acceptance of their destiny. At some point in the story Trubel will need to address the fact, her life will never be normal, she will always be a Grimm destined to fight the fight. A point Nick and Juliette have yet to still accept.
(07-11-2014, 10:00 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]At some point in the story Trubel will need to address the fact, her life will never be normal, she will always be a Grimm destined to fight the fight. A point Nick and Juliette have yet to still accept.

I disagree somewhat with Nick not accepting his destiny, Nick knows what his future entails, Nick could have walked away, followed the route of Rolek and pretended to be normal, and tried to live an ordinary life, but has chosen to follow his heritage. It is however his relationship with Juliette that is the concrete boots on his feet. First he lies to her about his Grimmness, then he suffers through the memory loss portion of their relationship, we then get Juliette flip-flopping around whether being involved with the Wesen world is a good thing or not and finally to cap it all Juliette blames Nick for the Adalind psychological manipulations. Had Nick been confident of his relationship with Juliette would he have really lied at the beginning about being a Grimm?. Nick stayed staunchly in love with her even though he was being frozen out during her mind wipe period and who was the greater victim in the final situation, yes Juliette was emotionally hurt, but Nick was emotionally and physically violated and on top of all that lost his powers.

I also do not think Trubel will have any trouble Tongue accepting her path, what she really needed to know was that she wasn't insane and the reason why she saw what she saw. She has that now, and more than that I think with her being the primary Grimm she will get the opportunity to learn the importance of protecting the people you care about and having them help and support you. She has never really had the opportunity to bond with people and now she can be more than a victim, she can become a strong, intelligent, yet feminine character, capable of standing toe to toe with anyone threatening her friends.
(07-11-2014, 05:15 PM)Starfury Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree somewhat with Nick not accepting his destiny, Nick knows what his future entails, Nick could have walked away, followed the route of Rolek and pretended to be normal, and tried to live an ordinary life, but has chosen to follow his heritage. It is however his relationship with Juliette that is the concrete boots on his feet. First he lies to her about his Grimmness, then he suffers through the memory loss portion of their relationship, we then get Juliette flip-flopping around whether being involved with the Wesen world is a good thing or not and finally to cap it all Juliette blames Nick for the Adalind psychological manipulations. Had Nick been confident of his relationship with Juliette would he have really lied at the beginning about being a Grimm?. Nick stayed staunchly in love with her even though he was being frozen out during her mind wipe period and who was the greater victim in the final situation, yes Juliette was emotionally hurt, but Nick was emotionally and physically violated and on top of all that lost his powers.

I also do not think Trubel will have any trouble Tongue accepting her path, what she really needed to know was that she wasn't insane and the reason why she saw what she saw. She has that now, and more than that I think with her being the primary Grimm she will get the opportunity to learn the importance of protecting the people you care about and having them help and support you. She has never really had the opportunity to bond with people and now she can be more than a victim, she can become a strong, intelligent, yet feminine character, capable of standing toe to toe with anyone threatening her friends.

You make great points and I think these are going to be two of the developments involved in season 4.

Juliette has to chose between Nick and the grimm world and a life without either.
I believe she will choose to leave him.

As for Trubel, she will have to grow up or become so annoying to fans that they have to kill her off or otherwise get her off the show in order to save it.
I am fairly certain that the writers will try to do this and we'll have to see how it goes with the actress. I for one hope she can pull it off and that she ends up the lead in a spin-off... I mean, from college to the star of a spin-off in about a year would be such an awesome story!
(07-11-2014, 08:21 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: [ -> ]As for Trubel, she will have to grow up or become so annoying to fans that they have to kill her off or otherwise get her off the show in order to save it.
I am fairly certain that the writers will try to do this and we'll have to see how it goes with the actress. I for one hope she can pull it off and that she ends up the lead in a spin-off... I mean, from college to the star of a spin-off in about a year would be such an awesome story!

Agreed on the growing up... However, I'm always a tad reticent when spin-offs are mentioned. I feel the shows become watered down and loose focus on what made them fundamentally good enough to supposedly warrant a spin-off in the first place. I know why it is done, money is ever the alluring goal the Hollywood and TV executive types are chasing, since it really is the omly means they understand in gauging their success. However, perhaps the niave little boy inside me wishes just once the creators, producers and the artists concentrate on the wonder in front of them get that right and keep it being right so we get a show that runs for to quote Abed from community "six seasons and a movie!" Big Grin at the very least. Tongue

Don't get me wrong I'm sure Trubel's adventures would be fun, and I am already really invested in her character even after the few episodes we have seen her in, but I so very much enjoy Grimm that I'd hate to see its quality decline because the creative teams loose focus and or try to futz around with the coordination of the shows.
Honestly I don't really understand why so many fans seem worked up over the character of Truble. She has appeared in 4, count them 4, episodes. If the character works out next season, then perhaps the production staff will consider some kind of spin-off. But not until then.

If the character works out, she'll stick around. If not they'll get rid of her. Everyone just relax.Wink
(07-12-2014, 10:52 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly I don't really understand why so many fans seem worked up over the character of Truble. She has appeared in 4, count them 4, episodes. If the character works out next season, then perhaps the production staff will consider some kind of spin-off. But not until then.

If the character works out, she'll stick around. If not they'll get rid of her. Everyone just relax.Wink

From your mouth to god's ears please, because whenever I sense the rustle of the might dollar bill crappy spin-off's seem to be mooted as a way to generate more revenue from their audience Sad
Sad but true Starfury. But, given the characters limited exposure I don't see how they could be planning some kind of spinoff just yet. Heck, we don't even know if Grimm will make it to a 5th season! I hope it does, but still it may not.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23