Grimm Forum

Full Version: Trubel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
(06-12-2014, 09:10 PM)pale boy Wrote: [ -> ]Trubel had her powers at a younger age and the way she found out she about them was really brutal.

She told a plausible story, but it's a little too convenient. Everyone on Team Good has bought her story and sent tons of sympathy her way. That's a great position for an enemy agent to be in. Her actions on her own in her first episode make her seem genuine, so I'm wondering if she'll turn out to be a sleeper agent with false memories, like Arnold in Total Recall.
(06-12-2014, 11:55 PM)Gaultheria Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2014, 09:10 PM)pale boy Wrote: [ -> ]Trubel had her powers at a younger age and the way she found out she about them was really brutal.

She told a plausible story, but it's a little too convenient. Everyone on Team Good has bought her story and sent tons of sympathy her way. That's a great position for an enemy agent to be in. Her actions on her own in her first episode make her seem genuine, so I'm wondering if she'll turn out to be a sleeper agent with false memories, like Arnold in Total Recall.

Interesting theory... I doubt it's true but it would make for an interesting plot for an AU fan fiction... Ever write fanfic?
(06-13-2014, 01:06 AM)grimmfreak Wrote: [ -> ]Ever write fanfic?
Not yet, but October 24th is a long way off, so I might need to.
(06-13-2014, 01:20 AM)Gaultheria Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-13-2014, 01:06 AM)grimmfreak Wrote: [ -> ]Ever write fanfic?
Not yet, but October 24th is a long way off, so I might need to.
Have you checked out the fanfic page?

http://fanfic.grimmforum.com/

Also, if you're interested, several members of the forum write fanfic, some of us collaborate. This can be a great way to start!
(06-12-2014, 11:55 PM)Gaultheria Wrote: [ -> ]

Can't really see Truble as a plant, to young and unsophisticated. However, given another characters' troubled past and her family's connection to the Wesen Council, I could see Rosalee as a double agent! She seems to be able to figure out the cure for the latest weirdness with suspicious quickness! Could she already know what's coming? Hmmm?!Dodgy

Just kidding!Tongue
(05-20-2014, 09:56 AM)grimmfreak Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, some of us have addressed this in other threads. Some have put forth the theory that the writers may reveal that Trubel is Nicks long lost sister. My personal opinion is that this would be pretty far fetched and a bit contrived but who knows, anything could happen.

A good twist is if trubel is Marie Kessler child. This would mean since Marie was engaged to Farley a Steinadler, then Trubel could be half grimm and half weson. Consider Marie raised kelly's child, now kelly is raising adalind's child, why not someone else raise Marie's child. Would make a good plot line to see that trubel has been wogeing all along an not know it. It would also make sense to explain her attack style, and her abnormal awareness. Would give a good back story on how see defeated Kirk and Richard (two weson that attacked her on the road). To defeat them she woged and used her eagle claws to ripe them apart. It is assumed she used a box cutter as she did in the park. But in the first attack the evidence points to a wild animal. She does not notice the claws because the weson only shows during extreme situations of fear. During theses times her focus narrows so she does not notice her transformation. The time line would be Marie was pregnant when Kelly had her take care of Nick, which is when she broke it off with Farley. The story is both side disapproved of a weson - grimm relationship. Being pregnant is something she would need to hide. Since both sides would be looking for the child that is half weson and half grimm. She could then use Nick to explain her pregnancy. After time, and moving around, people would lose track of the timing and assume Nick was the child she was carrying. Since Nick was not half weson see could keep up the lie that a half weson half grimm child was a hoax . You have zueberbiest and human you have a blutbad and fuchsbau, why not a grimm and wesen. Good emotional plot twist. Nick walks between protecting and vanquishing weson because of monroe and roselle. Trubel would have to walk that line because she is half grimm and half weson. The realization she is what she feared would be another emotional reveal. You could go episodes with trubel using her weson abilities an nobody knowing since Nick can't see weson and she can't see herself. Think of the reveal when Nick does get his powers back and sees her woge. another good plot twist is have a mystery person come to town looking fo the "special child" everyone would thing they are referring to adalin's baby but they are actually looking for trubel.
(05-28-2014, 10:54 AM)Badass Blutbad Wrote: [ -> ]Alright so my thoughts were flawed, my apologies.
Also thank you to Hyndara for confirming Trubel's age. My guesses were either 16 or 18 and since it seems I might not have made myself clear, the suggestion that her and Nick's ages fit as father/daughter or brother/sister was NOT a theory but a speculation and this doesn't change that fact that Nick has taken to treating her like a daughter.
If she's 21 then the age gap is not quite as unacceptable as I thought for them as romantic partners but they need to convince me that there is chemistry there before I support it(Thus I am not saying I don't or I that I do). Since she's new and thus barely been developed I'm remaining open minded to see what they do with her in the next season and if they use her upcoming screen time wisely.

(05-28-2014, 05:37 AM)Berkilak de Hautdesert Wrote: [ -> ]Applause to Hyndara, who presented a much better rebuttal that I could have. I would like to add one more point.

(05-27-2014, 11:43 PM)Badass Blutbad Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly I felt Juliette's initial anger over the incident was uncalled for considering the circumstances, not to mention her own victimizing by Adalind. When she was put in a coma and woke with no memory of Nick and the hots for Renard.
Nick had never for a second held any of that against her and had given her his full support with no expectation of getting her back let alone without ever pushing her to remember him.
She owed him for that, she should have remembered what it's like to be tricked into having feelings for or being with a partner other than your own and been more fair.

What I think you're failing to see here is that people don't react to events like this on a logical level, where they can see the facts. They react to things on an emotional level, where their reactions are based on a whole history of events they may not be aware of. You may think that that Juliette's reaction was uncalled for. In actuality, it was fairly restrained. When Juliette tells Nick that if they weren't going to a wedding she'd pull the car over right now, you could see that happening.

People don't act in a rational way to intense events. If you date someone who has been cheated on, they will invariably treat you with a degree of suspicion even when you give them no reason to. Statistically speaking, it is very likely for a couple to divorce if they lose a child to a fatal event, even if neither parent is to blame. People don't react to intense events logically, they react to them emotionally, and those emotional reactions do not have to take in the facts.

Now, you bring up the fact that Nick was very supportive of Juliette after the obsession between her and Sean, and this is true. And Juliette was very understanding with Nick when the Muse had him under her sway. But Nick had sex with Adalind. That takes it up to a whole new level. And no matter how she tries to think about it rationally, on an emotional level, she's going to feel betrayed, because Nick was engaged in an act of intimacy with someone else. As I showed above, in real life, it doesn't matter if your partner is not to blame, on a subconscious, emotional level, you're still going to blame them anyway. And the fact that this emotional trickery from the Wesen world keeps on happening again and again will compound this sense of betrayal. I think when Nick has the opportunity to regain his Grimm powers, Juliette is going to give him an ultimatum: the Wesen world or her. She's not going to let him have both.

You make a valid enough point. How having sex with someone whom he thought was Juliette doesn't seem like betrayal but at the same time the actuality for her perspective that it wasn't, alright I can see her point. It still wasn't his fault though and he was just as much a victim in this. She'd kind of treated it like he knew what he was doing. That's what I thought wasn't fair.
Unless as I suggested before she's angry at his not being able to feel a difference because the disguise should still be different to the touch. That makes sense as does her breaking point with the Wesen world always coming between them. I too would not be surprised to see her throw out an ultimatum.
Kind of a shame, at the beginning of the season she'd been a pretty badass Grimm sidekick hehe. I'm kind of missing that Juliette now. After all that time in season two when I got slightly annoyed waiting for Nick to tell her while she progressively put it together on her own as her memories returned, now it's all falling apart. That kinda sucks.

And as a sidenote I actually forgot about the muse, my initial thoughts might have been closer to yours had I remembered that this was not the first time Nick was seduced by the Wesen world.

My problem with Nick not knowing that adalind was not juliette is. If he could not tell the difference, means he must not know juiette very well. obviously adalind did not have juliette memories ( the bacon comment). So she could not know what Nick and juliette's sex life is like. He would, so how would he not know the difference. Even his comment about it being more exciting. There are things you do even when trying to spice it up that is only you. So yes that fact he did not know the difference, she has a perfect reason to be mad. Even with her memory gone she know being with Renard did not fell right.
(06-23-2014, 03:39 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]A good twist is if trubel is Marie Kessler child. This would mean since Marie was engaged to Farley a Steinadler, then Trubel could be half grimm and half weson. Consider Marie raised kelly's child, now kelly is raising adalind's child, why not someone else raise Marie's child. Would make a good plot line to see that trubel has been wogeing all along an not know it. It would also make sense to explain her attack style, and her abnormal awareness. Would give a good back story on how see defeated Kirk and Richard (two weson that attacked her on the road). To defeat them she woged and used her eagle claws to ripe them apart. It is assumed she used a box cutter as she did in the park. But in the first attack the evidence points to a wild animal. She does not notice the claws because the weson only shows during extreme situations of fear. During theses times her focus narrows so she does not notice her transformation. The time line would be Marie was pregnant when Kelly had her take care of Nick, which is when she broke it off with Farley. The story is both side disapproved of a weson - grimm relationship. Being pregnant is something she would need to hide. Since both sides would be looking for the child that is half weson and half grimm. She could then use Nick to explain her pregnancy. After time, and moving around, people would lose track of the timing and assume Nick was the child she was carrying. Since Nick was not half weson see could keep up the lie that a half weson half grimm child was a hoax . You have zueberbiest and human you have a blutbad and fuchsbau, why not a grimm and wesen. Good emotional plot twist. Nick walks between protecting and vanquishing weson because of monroe and roselle. Trubel would have to walk that line because she is half grimm and half weson. The realization she is what she feared would be another emotional reveal. You could go episodes with trubel using her weson abilities an nobody knowing since Nick can't see weson and she can't see herself. Think of the reveal when Nick does get his powers back and sees her woge. another good plot twist is have a mystery person come to town looking fo the "special child" everyone would thing they are referring to adalin's baby but they are actually looking for trubel.

Welcome to the forum syscrash. I like the theory in almost every respect. The one problem is Nick was 11 or 12 when Marie began raising him. She would not be able to pass Nick off as the child from the pregnancy and it would have been difficult for her to hide it.

Still, Marie could have had the child before taking Nick in and not told Farley (maybe everything was so crazy during the whole mess with someone being after Kelly that she made excuses not to see him after a certain point in the pregnancy).

She could have been questioning what to do with a half grimm half wesen child. When asked to take care of Nick, she could have made the decision to give Theressa up. This could have been due, like you said to worry about people from both sides of the family reacting badly.

It's a bit far fetched but I like it and hey, TV writers have made stranger stories work. It also is not unheard of, even if rare, for women to hide pregnancies from their families.

All in all I think your theory is better than the 'sister' theory, thanks for posting it.
(05-31-2014, 12:50 AM)grimmfreak Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to say that while I really like Trubel, I can see why people are down on her and if her character doesn't show some personal growth/isn't gone 4 episodes into next season it may very sell begin to be like the Juliette amnesia plot line for me... Too much 'trouble' (pardon the pun) for not enough return.

My problem with Trubel exist only in the final episode. All the other episodes she was attentive quick thinking a very good asset to the team. In the finally she was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. More like a bumbling idiot. I mean she trips and drop the potion, but in the previous episodes she is very agile? second Nick went to Monroe and Roselle wedding. Why the surprise to see it full of weson.
(06-23-2014, 05:40 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-31-2014, 12:50 AM)grimmfreak Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to say that while I really like Trubel, I can see why people are down on her and if her character doesn't show some personal growth/isn't gone 4 episodes into next season it may very sell begin to be like the Juliette amnesia plot line for me... Too much 'trouble' (pardon the pun) for not enough return.

My problem with Trubel exist only in the final episode. All the other episodes she was attentive quick thinking a very good asset to the team. In the finally she was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. More like a bumbling idiot. I mean she trips and drop the potion, but in the previous episodes she is very agile? second Nick went to Monroe and Roselle wedding. Why the surprise to see it full of weson.

Yeah, that was a bit dumb of her to run into the wedding without at least half a plan. Dropping the potion was not a problem for me considering her situation but the situation shouldn't have been nearly as bad, at least not as quickly if she'd thought first.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23