Grimm Forum

Full Version: Trubel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
(05-28-2014, 11:52 AM)Elkhound Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2014, 11:39 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all. Hyndara, I know you have a real thing about the Truble character, but replacing Nick's character on the show? No way!

If Giuntoli decided to move on career wise, I could see them trying a spin-off with Toboni's character but not outright replacement in this show. That would never work. The writer's would have to redo the entire cast dynamic. What happens with Monroe and Hank? With Rosalee and Juliette? They'd pretty much have to start from scratch and rewrite the entire show from top to bottom.

I agree. Such a move would be suicidal. Besides, Giuntoli is obviously having a good time as Nick--unless he has an offer for a HUGE movie part, I don't see him quitting.

That being said Trubel can't remain a permanent houseguest at Nick and Juliet's place. I'd earlier suggested that she move into the apartment over the spice shop--given that Rosalee will be living at Monroe's place--and work part-time in the shop in exchange. It was pointed out that having a Grimm behind the counter might scare off potential customers, so that part might not work.

Agreed on both these views.
A Trubel spin-off not only sounds like a terrible idea in general to me while I'm already wary of the prospect of Trubel as the focus character for the de-grimmed Nick arc but I as well don't see Guintoli leaving the show for just any film role. As mentioned he does enjoy the show, and the actor who played the troubled Circus Blutbad Max, Sam Witwer (whom I am a big fan of) is proof of this.
The two are close friends in RL and Guintoli had apparently deactivated his Twitter account at some point. I don't know the story there but Witwer got him to reactivate it by agreeing with the condition Guintoli had that he play a role on Grimm.
I witnessed the unfolding of this myself on my timeline. The fact that Guintoli convinced a friend of his to appear on his show says a great deal about how much he values it.

It's also quite true that the entire show would have to be re-written and characterized to focus on Trubel which I don't support.
(05-28-2014, 11:52 AM)Elkhound Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2014, 11:39 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all. Hyndara, I know you have a real thing about the Truble character, but replacing Nick's character on the show? No way!

If Giuntoli decided to move on career wise, I could see them trying a spin-off with Toboni's character but not outright replacement in this show. That would never work. The writer's would have to redo the entire cast dynamic. What happens with Monroe and Hank? With Rosalee and Juliette? They'd pretty much have to start from scratch and rewrite the entire show from top to bottom.

I agree. Such a move would be suicidal. Besides, Giuntoli is obviously having a good time as Nick--unless he has an offer for a HUGE movie part, I don't see him quitting.

That being said Trubel can't remain a permanent houseguest at Nick and Juliet's place. I'd earlier suggested that she move into the apartment over the spice shop--given that Rosalee will be living at Monroe's place--and work part-time in the shop in exchange. It was pointed out that having a Grimm behind the counter might scare off potential customers, so that part might not work.

True, she's going to have to go somewhere pretty soon. In my experience, women do not like sharing a home with another woman. Even if everything else is OK emotionally and personaly, they tend to get on each others nerves.

Perhaps she'll move to the trailer for a while to study the books, train with the weapons and immerse herself in the "zen of grimm" under the tutelage of Master Nick-Wan! LOLBig Grin
(05-28-2014, 12:33 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]True, she's going to have to go somewhere pretty soon. In my experience, women do not like sharing a home with another woman. Even if everything else is OK emotionally and personaly, they tend to get on each others nerves.

Perhaps she'll move to the trailer for a while to study the books, train with the weapons and immerse herself in the "zen of grimm" under the tutelage of Master Nick-Wan! LOLBig Grin

Does the trailer have sanitary facilities? (Even if it did, there's no hookup at the new location.)
Ah valid point about Trubel's situation as a house guest with Nick and Juliette, a committed couple need their privacy especially from a virtual stranger and particularly now with their issues after the Adalind stunt it's not a stable home for her. She'll need to find more permanent facilities. I agree that either the apartment above the spice shop (though she can not work in the spice shop being a Grimm as that's suicidal for a wesen business) or the trailer are suitable. Since she has no employment and thus can not rent her own apartment I see no other options.
(05-28-2014, 12:43 PM)Elkhound Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2014, 12:33 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]True, she's going to have to go somewhere pretty soon. In my experience, women do not like sharing a home with another woman. Even if everything else is OK emotionally and personaly, they tend to get on each others nerves.

Does the trailer have sanitary facilities? (Even if it did, there's no hookup at the new location.)

Worked like this in my army days: Need to poop, toilet paper, shovel, woods. Some assembly required.
(05-28-2014, 01:47 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]Worked like this in my army days: Need to poop, toilet paper, shovel, woods. Some assembly required.

Erm...Trubel, because of her circumstances, is practically feral. They're trying to civilize her. That would be counterproductive.
(05-28-2014, 06:51 PM)Elkhound Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2014, 01:47 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]Worked like this in my army days: Need to poop, toilet paper, shovel, woods. Some assembly required.

Erm...Trubel, because of her circumstances, is practically feral. They're trying to civilize her. That would be counterproductive.

True, true. I also forgot to mention desert, jungle and Fracking Arctic Tundra! In Alaska we used a pick-axe!

I do? Actually I hate Trubel from the bottom of my heart *sorry*.

Well, Monroe they already have written halfway out of the show, same for Rosalee. They are separated from the others now. Hank? Are we really talking Hank having doubts about Trubel? He doesn't! He's her first fanboi and I really could see him taking her by the hand and leading her to the car for showing her how to proper investigate. Juliette is in the Trubel-fanclub too now and they've already planted a child-wish in her heart with the Hexenbaby. So, Trubel could stay there as roomate or tennant, it wouldn't be a problem.

About Mr. G. He stated a while ago that he would feel physically exhausted. But I don't know how that was related, to the show or an explanation for his tendency to cancel conventions or whatever bug had bitten him. I don't know if, but it wouldn't make me wonder if they would take the chance and write him out. They don't have to kill Nick, they only have to let him disappear. The rest would run the same way (only with more bloody bodies to cover) with Trubel as lead.

(05-28-2014, 12:12 PM)Badass Blutbad Wrote: [ -> ]I witnessed the unfolding of this myself on my timeline. The fact that Guintoli convinced a friend of his to appear on his show says a great deal about how much he values it.

Call me cynical but for me it was more proof that someone had not enough money to cast a proper guest-star (sorry, I don't like Witwer).
I wanted to say that while I really like Trubel, I can see why people are down on her and if her character doesn't show some personal growth/isn't gone 4 episodes into next season it may very sell begin to be like the Juliette amnesia plot line for me... Too much 'trouble' (pardon the pun) for not enough return.
Trubel = YAWWWWWNNNNN

Boring, unnecessary and a diversion. The storyline was strong enough without her. Now she'll just pick up where Nick leaves off; one Grimm replacing another. This is NICK's story -- get rid of Trubel please.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23