Grimm Forum

Full Version: "Good Intentions" in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
I thought this might make an interesting thread by itself.

Regarding the kidnapping of Diana, brandon wrote:

Quote:If I consider that the group of Nick had good intentions to protect Diana safe. Renard was not interested in playing the role of fugitive although he was also not interested in giving the royal family the baby.He knew them very well.

Nowhere in any of this is Adalind mentioned. So without the input of the mother, Kelly, Renard, and the scoobies made the decision that Diana must be protected, and therefore taken from her mother.

They betrayed Adalind and led her to believe that the royals had taken her baby. That decision led to variety of consequences, in cluding imprisonment and torture for Adalind herself.
I think so.
Someone thinks how social agencies act.?
So is that how Nick and company think of themselves? Government agencies?
The underlying reason for taking Diana was not to protect her, or to protect Adalind or Sean. It was to protect the world from the future danger of an adult Diana raised by either the royals or the resistance. Undoubtedly, what Kelly told Sean about how they'd never be safe if they had Diana was true, but their safety was just coincidental.

The real "good intention" was that Kelly the hard-ass Grimm saw a baby hexenbiest with that much dangerous potential and apparently didn't consider even for a moment just killing her.
This is based on a grimm's interpretation. A grimm who has a partial background on motherhood herself and that took place decades ago.

Kelly never saw the full extent of Diana's powers, and even the most generous, kind-hearted, great with kids person doesn't guarantee a good, generous, kind-hearted hexenbiest who maybe/maybe not has titanic powers and will/will not use them for benefit rather than harm.

It's been stated that Kelly may not have been all that altruistic in her desire to raise Diana. I think maybe it was even you who stated that she was compensating for not being around in Nick's life. I think that could be very true and as such, it's a detriment to Diana because at least a part of Kelly's rationale is based upon guilt.

Kelly's actions were the beginning of disaster. If there were any good intentions, they do not outweigh the treachery used to secure the baby or the after effects of her disappearance.
If everything had gone wonderfully,
that would complain?.
(12-16-2018, 09:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]It's been stated that Kelly may not have been all that altruistic in her desire to raise Diana. I think maybe it was even you who stated that she was compensating for not being around in Nick's life.

Yes, that was me, and I do think that Kelly's feelings of guilt and regret (which she had already expressed to Nick during her appearance the previous season) played a large role in her choices here. Because you can replay her entire conversation with Nick and Juliette about the baby's "changing the course of history" potential, and it would have made just as much, if not more, sense for it to lead to Kelly explaining that that was why the baby had to die.

Knowing what we know now about how the series ended, it's hard to say whether taking Diana led to disaster in the long term. It definitely led to short term troubles, but if the discovery of the stick and the appearance of Z were really destined to happen, things could have gone a lot worse if Diana had been dead or off in Europe being raised by the royals or the resistance instead of being where she was when it happened.
(12-16-2018, 02:20 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2018, 09:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]It's been stated that Kelly may not have been all that altruistic in her desire to raise Diana. I think maybe it was even you who stated that she was compensating for not being around in Nick's life.

Yes, that was me, and I do think that Kelly's feelings of guilt and regret (which she had already expressed to Nick during her appearance the previous season) played a large role in her choices here. Because you can replay her entire conversation with Nick and Juliette about the baby's "changing the course of history" potential, and it would have made just as much, if not more, sense for it to lead to Kelly explaining that that was why the baby had to die.

Knowing what we know now about how the series ended, it's hard to say whether taking Diana led to disaster in the long term. It definitely led to short term troubles, but if the discovery of the stick and the appearance of Z were really destined to happen, things could have gone a lot worse if Diana had been dead or off in Europe being raised by the royals or the resistance instead of being where she was when it happened.

Face, you make a good point, however Diana didn’t really do much whatsoever against Zerstorer, she basically fell under his spell it was up to Nick and the Grimms to save the day, so would Diana not being there make much difference. The show strongly hinted that Diana maybe be the difference agianst Zerstorer but when he actually showed up she was next to useless against him instead in the end it was Nick that had to save her from becoming Zerstorers child bride while she was essentially sidelined. Yes I know Diana becoming Zerstorers child bride was supposed to be part of the prophecy as well as the stick, however when Zerstorer actually showed up his main interest semmed solely to be get the stick from Nick while basically just using kelly and Diana as leverage to get the stick from Nick so he could wield the full power of the whole staff.
Diana provided the warning that prevented NIck and the scoobies from being ambushed in the fome by BC. She was the only person who could read all the markings on the cloth the stick was wrapped in. And she was the one who opened the mirror portal that brought Nick, Eve and, of course, Z through from the other side (Adalind might have been able to do that, but there seemed to be a pretty big difference between Diana and Eve opening it, so who knows). So while she didn't play much of a role in the final battle other than being the prize Z was after, she was pivotal in bringing it about.
(12-16-2018, 03:21 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Diana provided the warning that prevented NIck and the scoobies from being ambushed in the fome by BC. She was the only person who could read all the markings on the cloth the stick was wrapped in. And she was the one who opened the mirror portal that brought Nick, Eve and, of course, Z through from the other side (Adalind might have been able to do that, but there seemed to be a pretty big difference between Diana and Eve opening it, so who knows). So while she didn't play much of a role in the final battle other than being the prize Z was after, she was pivotal in bringing it about.

Totally agree, You are 100 percent correct without Diana and Adalinds help Nick would probably be dead long before the Zerstorer prophecy even came to pass, she was also key to everything that led up up to the Zerstorer plot, however I guess I was just disappointed they didn’t have her mount any sort of challenge against Zerstorer given the build up her powers were given by the show and it’s charecters.

I also agree that having Diana on Nicks side was essential given her powers, which is probably part of the reason the writers had Nick end up with Adalind because they wanted him to have some influence in powerful Diana’s upbringing, what better way to do that than to have her mother be in love with him and for him to be her half brothers daddy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27