Grimm Forum

Full Version: "Good Intentions" in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(04-20-2019, 03:44 PM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2019, 03:18 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2019, 02:44 PM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]Renard had royal blood and knew many powerful people. If what we saw in the series was some indication, it was hardly just hard work and skill that had brought him to where he was.

Because you see Renard as evil, you believe everything was easy for him. I don't see it that way. In this day and age in the US, Renard would not have had a captain's job just handed to him simply because he's a bastard royal in another country. For another, I don't know who all of these powerful people are that you speak of. Maybe in Austria, perhaps, but that isn't going to do him any good in the US. Renard has shown himself to be smart, clever and resourceful. It's not a stretch of the imagination to believe that, based on having to flee from one country to another, Renard worked very hard to get where he wanted to be.

It funny how you talk warmly about the villain Renard, but see Nick and the Scoobies as terrible people.

There you go with that offended tone again.
(04-20-2019, 03:49 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]There you go with that offended tone again.

LOL. You asked for it... I'm still not offended.
(04-20-2019, 03:57 PM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2019, 03:49 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]There you go with that offended tone again.

LOL. You asked for it... I'm still not offended.

I tend to think otherwise, lol.
(04-20-2019, 03:39 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Most real cops never shoot anyone, so the fact that Nick had never shot anyone at the time of the pilot doesn't really tell us anything.

In S06 "Blind Love," we learned that Nick had put the WotW's father away for murder seven years ago, which would have been a year before the series began. So he wasn't totally wet behind the ears as a Homicide investigator.

Renard's advantage outside of normal police work may have been his criminal wesen contacts. Perhaps he traded for information that enabled him to make arrests that advanced his police career while eliminating his allies' competition.

I was thinking about the "Blind Love" episode, but didn't remember the timeline. I know real cops do not shoot people all the time, but they do in Grimm. Renard told Nick that the "first shooting is no small thing". Nick probably had a couple of years experience as a detective at the time of the pilot.
as I remember the first meeting between juliette and Nick was this one with uniform.
Renard accepted clandestine fights but under their conditions- season 1-
Renard took bribes from the fight promoter and provided him with the names of wesen who could be kidnapped to be killed in the arena without causing problems. That made him an accomplice in kidnappings and murders.
(04-21-2019, 10:06 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Renard took bribes from the fight promoter and provided him with the names of wesen who could be kidnapped to be killed in the arena without causing problems. That made him an accomplice in kidnappings and murders.

But when you stop and think about it, how could Renard be a lily white upstanding captain while allowing dirty cops to do as they like under him? It wouldn't make sense as far as the series goes.

He was never intended to be. The character was originally set up as an adversary, and was significantly "de-villainized" for S02-S04.
I wouldn't say he was de-villainized until season six when the silly ghost of Meisner appeared. While he wasn't as evil as the fight episode, he still did his share of bad things. He couldn't have dirty cops continuing to work for him without being bad.
(04-23-2019, 10:26 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't say he was de-villainized until season six when the silly ghost of Meisner appeared. While he wasn't as evil as the fight episode, he still did his share of bad things. He couldn't have dirty cops continuing to work for him without being bad.

Dirty cops? I hope you are referring to people like Lieutenant Grossante.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27