Grimm Forum

Full Version: "Good Intentions" in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
I do like that it happened.
just between two people whose meetings were only fights and arguments.I do not think that the arrival of a baby one to a couple but sometimes happens.
The thing is that what's presented on-screen, what the writers and actors say in interviews, and how scenes are structured, written, and directed are all taken into account when forming a conclusion. The type of music chosen is also considered because it can help tell when a character is being sincere or two-faced. It's not just what's said that's being taken into account. If that were the case, we would've just said Adalind was telling the truth when she was clearly manipulating people in season 2.

With that being said, it's really not that complicated. All of that can be noticed within ten seconds. If a character is hiding something that is not yet revealed, it will be soon enough. The only long-term mystery the show had was what the keys were for and that was only because they hadn't decided what they were for until years later.
Speaking of good intentions, I was thinking about Elizabeth's spell to help Nick get his grimm back and wanted to pose some questions.

First, did Elizabeth really have good intentions when preparing the spell? She is, after all, Renard's mother. Does the apple really fall that far from the tree in this case? I also have to wonder about her hasty disappearing act when Juliette went looking for her as a result of the side effects.

Second, Monroe stated the spell Adalind cast was one badass spell. So why did he and Rosalee trust Elizabeth to concoct a reversal? Was it out of respect? Desperation? Because she acted as though she knew what she was doing?

For that matter, why would Nick trust Elizabeth?
I do believe that Elizabeth had good intentions. Did it at the request of Renard.
Supposedly she went to look for her granddaughter.Also did not seem to have a modern cell phone and perhaps try to go unnoticed.
Elizabeth told them they needed a" Hexenbiest "to undo the spell.
(03-23-2019, 09:44 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]Supposedly she went to look for her granddaughter.

This is an interesting statement. If they trusted her with the spell, wouldn't the scoobies trust her to take over the care of Diana? After all, she had more right to her granddaughter than Kelly did.
(03-23-2019, 09:50 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2019, 09:44 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]Supposedly she went to look for her granddaughter.

This is an interesting statement. If they trusted her with the spell, wouldn't the scoobies trust her to take over the care of Diana? After all, she had more right to her granddaughter than Kelly did.

Because if you were watching what we were watching is:
Elisabeth, Hexenbiest = bad
Kelly, Grimm = good
CAPISCE?

(03-23-2019, 08:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I also have to wonder about her hasty disappearing act when Juliette went looking for her as a result of the side effects.

Opps, more wisdom from "The Bully". As usual, facts created out of thin air or twisted to create a different scenario. As delusional as it sounds, Elizabeth did not do a hasty disappearance act.

She told the gang ahead of time, they had to make up their minds soon because she was leaving. There was no disappearing act if she told them she was in a hurry to leave before ahead of time.

WTF is the purpose to repeat the same arguments by twisting facts?
It seems your prejudice that being a "Hexenbiest was bad".
(03-23-2019, 10:57 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]It seems your prejudice that being a "Hexenbiest was bad".

Not my impressions but what the Wesen experts on the show stated about Hexenbiests, or for that matter, witches in general. We saw how some Wesen on the lower part of the food chain feared the Wesen on the upper part of the food chain but I got the impression all Wesen feared the Hexes.

Personally I found Henrietta and Elizabeth very nice, personal and HOT females to be bad with. Wife permitting.
Well, I do not consider them bad " bad".
If they had a certain reputation for cruel and vindictive.
Quote:This is an interesting statement. If they trusted her with the spell, wouldn't the scoobies trust her to take over the care of Diana? After all, she had more right to her granddaughter than Kelly did.
This like other statements only view this event from and emotional point of view. When the showed made it evident the decision was a logical one. Could they have chosen Elizabeth instead of Kelly yes. But that would say Sean could have contacted his mother that quick. It was stated Sean had no way to contact his mother. But more important I have yet to see anyone consider. Elizabeth is in hiding, having a baby would be a problem. that Kelly was able to do it does not mean Elizabeth could. We know nothing about how they survive. They only thing we do know is Kelly has contact with the resistance. We know nothing about who Elizabeth knows.
It is the same argument of why didn't Kelly take Adalind with her. Even if we ignore or assume Kelly got over the reasons why she had problems with Adalind. It would still require being on the run with someone who could put you at risk, even if it was unintentional

AS for the good and bad. I see people are having trouble with the new form of writing action shows. Gone are the days of the hero being the one fighting to truth, justice, and the american way. Watch most shows and the characters are ambiguous. Show are find with having the protagonist being willing to lye, cheat, steal, and kill if for the grater good. But what is even newer is having the protagonist becoming the antagonist only to go back to being the protagonist. I see the reason people have problems with this is they can't get past the logic of needing to reconcile past actions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27