Grimm Forum

Full Version: "Good Intentions" in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(01-05-2019, 05:40 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Henry of green' pid='74207' dateline='1546691676']
She never got the chance to sleep with Viktor he was sent away before she got that opportunity so how the hell was she going to convince him he was the father.

Adalind- You're just gonna have to have a different father.
Maybe a royal one.
It shouldn't be that hard to get him into bed.

We know that. But it's apparent she was looking for Viktor to be the father because *she despised Nick and didn't want to tell him*.

Nick actually was the only option as the real father, however the whole point of her looking a different father and why she was in denial she could actually get pregnant is because Nick is the last person she wanted to impregnate her but from the moment she finds out and she flashes back to her afternoon with Nick he’s the only option as the real father like she tells Sean in 4x19 Nick is the only possible father however she is desperate to find a patsy father who will suit her needs better, that’s why she says I have to sleep with someone fast and you need a different father. Claire also stated in multiple interviews that Adalind knows Nick is the real father right away however she’s taking time to see if she can find a better option as father.

I fully agree though she didn’t like Nick, I doubt if Kenneth hadn’t of exposed Nick as the real father forcing her to go to him that he ever would have discovered he had a son ever. it’s strange how they never explained how Kenneth found out the true paternity of Kelly.
I do not think Adalind despised him or was angry with him, at least not so much.
if she would know that it was Nick's son but it was not convenient for her to confirm it before Ken.
That's why the only option was Victor and as soon as Ken appeared, he would not know anything, what better to say that she was pregnant with Victor.
Only that she did not know that Victor was infertile.
Maybe that's why they are so eager to get Diana, because the royal birth rate was plummeting.
(01-05-2019, 06:16 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]I do not think Adalind despised him or was angry with him, at least not so much. if she would know that it was Nick's son but it was not convenient for her to confirm it before Ken.

Oh I think she despised him tremendously and so she had to swallow every bit of hatred to put on a good front. You have to remember that everything was on the line for Adalind when she walked into that precinct. She needed to make Nick believe it was his child she was carrying as well as get his buy in for protection. I was actually surprised when she blurted out that she only did what she did because they took Diana. However, it seemed to be a very good move on her part because Nick bought in. It didn't hurt that Juliette came storming in moments later either.
(01-05-2019, 10:07 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2019, 06:16 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]I do not think Adalind despised him or was angry with him, at least not so much. if she would know that it was Nick's son but it was not convenient for her to confirm it before Ken.

Oh I think she despised him tremendously and so she had to swallow every bit of hatred to put on a good front. You have to remember that everything was on the line for Adalind when she walked into that precinct. She needed to make Nick believe it was his child she was carrying as well as get his buy in for protection. I was actually surprised when she blurted out that she only did what she did because they took Diana. However, it seemed to be a very good move on her part because Nick bought in. It didn't hurt that Juliette came storming in moments later either.

She didn’t care about and didn’t really like him at all and probably hated him at some point I agree however to say she hated him tremendously is a bit of stretch, she never once in the whole show stated she hated him on the other hand she admitted out loud multiple times she hated Renard and Nick says multiple times he hates Adalind.

Also she did only do to him what she did to see Diana again Diana was taken by Nick, Kelly and the gang and they made it look Viktor had her forcing Adalind to phone Viktor and make a deal in the first place so she wasn’t lying at all when she told Nick that, however she was certainly being manipulative when she said the baby was strong just like him and then put his hand on her bump.
(01-05-2019, 10:35 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]She didn’t care about and didn’t really like him at all and probably hated him at some point I agree however to say she hated him tremendously is a bit of stretch, she never once in the whole show stated she hated him on the other hand she admitted out loud multiple times she hated Renard and Nick says multiple times he hates Adalind.

You forget. We all saw the her reaction when she found out she was pregnant with Nick's child. Adalind doesn't have to blurt out that she hates Nick. Claire's a good enough actress to make her hatred very apparent without uttering a word.
(01-05-2019, 10:43 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2019, 10:35 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]She didn’t care about and didn’t really like him at all and probably hated him at some point I agree however to say she hated him tremendously is a bit of stretch, she never once in the whole show stated she hated him on the other hand she admitted out loud multiple times she hated Renard and Nick says multiple times he hates Adalind.

You forget. We all saw the her reaction when she found out she was pregnant with Nick's child. Adalind doesn't have to blurt out that she hates Nick. Claire's a good enough actress to make her hatred very apparent without uttering a word.

Yes she didn’t want to be pregnant with her enemies child but she was also screaming because she didn’t want to be pregnant again while she still didn’t even have her first child. It was an awkward situation all round. Personally I got more a sense of fear from Adalind about the baby situation in season 4 than a hatred of Nick.

I can't have another baby! I don't even know where the first one is! Okay, breathe.
Breathe.
I can do this.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk...ode=s04e15
(01-05-2019, 11:04 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]Yes she didn’t want to be pregnant with her emnimes child but she was also screaming because she didn’t want to be pregnant again while she still didn’t even have her first child it was an awkward situation all round. I got more a sense of fear from Adalind about the baby situation in season 4 than a hatred of Nick.

I can't have another baby! I don't even know where the first one is! Okay, breathe.
Breathe.
I can do this.

Viktor was the one who had Adalind tortured, then made her prostitute herself to Nick. If she still has the fortitude to plan on sleeping with and then claiming Viktor as the father to her unborn baby after all of that, that says a lot about her hatred of Nick.
(01-05-2019, 11:17 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2019, 11:04 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]Yes she didn’t want to be pregnant with her emnimes child but she was also screaming because she didn’t want to be pregnant again while she still didn’t even have her first child it was an awkward situation all round. I got more a sense of fear from Adalind about the baby situation in season 4 than a hatred of Nick.

Breathe.
I can do this.

Viktor was the one who had Adalind tortured, then made her prostitute herself to Nick. If she still has the fortitude to plan on sleeping with and then claiming Viktor as the father to her unborn baby after all of that, that says a lot about her hatred of Nick.

Nick and Adalind were enemies, but Nick probably hated her more then she despised him. She was working for people who wanted the keys, she wanted revenge when he took her powers and she took drastic actions to get Diana back, but it’s an exaggeration to claim she despised Nick tremendously. From the beginning, Nick and Adalind had great chemistry, where she was sending him flirtatious looks, while he looked pissed.

She was convinced Nick wanted her dead. When she got pregnant, she could not tell Nick, because she was afraid of him, so she had to come up with an explanation to the royals. That’s why she made a panic decision to sleep with Viktor. When that didn’t work, and Kenneth discovered she was pregnant, she lied to protect herself, not because she hated Nick “tremendously”.

There was a scene that was only showed as a “episode trailer” where Adalind is daydreaming about telling Nick she’s pregnant, and he responds by joy, embraces her and tell her it’s the happiest day of his life. Suddenly the music stops, and we see Adalind staring into the air while saying something like, “yeah, like that’s gonna happen”. She told Juliette: “Thanks for that one-night stand with Nick, by the way. It was a real whopper”. Yes, she said that to irritate Juliette, but didn’t seemed to mind – she used sex in spells and for her own gain on several occasions. She didn’t look disgusted, the way she did when Renard suggested sleeping in the same room as her, so Bonaparte won’t be suspicious.

If she hated Nick “tremendously”, why did she behave the way she did when she realized he wouldn't hurt her? She was manipulative in Renard’s office - Nick was angry, and she needed his help, but didn’t show much of that behavior after they left the precinct. Your correct, Claire's a good actress, and it’s clear from her performance that you exaggerate a lot when you claim Adalind “despised Nick tremendously”.
(01-05-2019, 07:03 PM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2019, 11:17 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

Breathe.
I can do this.

Nick and Adalind were enemies, but Nick probably hated her more then she despised him. She was working for people who wanted the keys, she wanted revenge when he took her powers and she took drastic actions to get Diana back, but it’s an exaggeration to claim she despised Nick tremendously. From the beginning, Nick and Adalind had great chemistry, where she was sending him flirtatious looks, while he looked pissed.

She was convinced Nick wanted her dead. When she got pregnant, she could not tell Nick, because she was afraid of him, so she had to come up with an explanation to the royals. That’s why she made a panic decision to sleep with Viktor. When that didn’t work, and Kenneth discovered she was pregnant, she lied to protect herself, not because she hated Nick “tremendously”.

There was a scene that was only showed as a “episode trailer” where Adalind is daydreaming about telling Nick she’s pregnant, and he responds by joy, embraces her and tell her it’s the happiest day of his life. Suddenly the music stops, and we see Adalind staring into the air while saying something like, “yeah, like that’s gonna happen”. She told Juliette: “Thanks for that one-night stand with Nick, by the way. It was a real whopper”. Yes, she said that to irritate Juliette, but didn’t seemed to mind – she used sex in spells and for her own gain on several occasions. She didn’t look disgusted, the way she did when Renard suggested sleeping in the same room as her, so Bonaparte won’t be suspicious.

If she hated Nick “tremendously”, why did she behave the way she did as soon as she realized he wouldn't hurt her? She was manipulative in Renard’s office, Nick was angry, and she needed his help, but didn’t show any more of that behavior after they left the precinct. Do not say she had too, because her behavior was completely different than someone faking to stay alive. Asking Nick to sleep next to her the first night at the loft because she was afraid and worrying about him all the time. Your correct, Claire's a good actress, and it’s clear from her performance that you exaggerate a lot when you claim Adalind “despised Nick tremendously”.

I fully agree, to say she disliked him a lot is certainly true however claiming she despised him tremendously is going too far.

I also see Adalinds main motivation for not telling Nick sooner was fear, after all even after they made the cure for Juliette in 4x21 she still feared Nick would kill of her as soon as Juliette was cured.

Also another scene that also suggests she didn’t mind sleeping with Nick is right after they slept together when she was in Juliette’s form she says they should do this again sometime.

Also that trailer shows Adalind daydreaming it aired live on tv after the following epsisode so technically it’s not a deleted or removed scene.

Adalind willingly stripped herself of her Hexenbiests in 4x20 leaving herself completely at the mercy of Nick and completely incapable of defending herself against Juliette hardly the hard work.

Also Adalind seemed very genuine in 4x22 when she told Nick she was sorry about Kelly’s death, she even cringed when Nick walked away and had a look on her face as if to say she was embarrassed for saying that as it was awkward. All that appeared totally genuine to me.
(01-05-2019, 07:03 PM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]If she hated Nick “tremendously”, why did she behave the way she did when she realized he wouldn't hurt her? She was manipulative in Renard’s office - Nick was angry, and she needed his help, but didn’t show much of that behavior after they left the precinct. Your correct, Claire's a good actress, and it’s clear from her performance that you exaggerate a lot when you claim Adalind “despised Nick tremendously”.

Nope, not exaggeration at all. As I pointed out earlier, Adalind was willing to name Viktor rather than Nick as the father of her unborn child. That was --after-- Viktor tortured her *and* forced her to prostitute herself, not to mention getting herself knocked up in the process. Further add insult to Nick by Adalind showing that if she could have stayed with the Viktor, who cared nothing for her, she would have. That sounds like a tremendous amount of hatred for Nick to me. Maybe you agree, maybe you don't. In any case, it clearly points to Adalind having no admiration for the grimm.

As for behaving the way she did, you've already pointed out Nick's reaction in the precinct many times. Consider the way he reacted to Juliette, who came in like a bullet train, full on threatening mode. In comparison, there was Adalind, who wandered in, beached whale pregnant with his child, desperate, and willing to barter.

Adalind's done some dumb things, but in this case, she was spot on perfect. As pointed out in the series, hexenbiests are great manipulators. Nick was manipulated by Juliette's aggressiveness, just as he was manipulated by Adalind's "woe is me" affect.

One of the creepiest things I have seen in the series is when Adalind forces Nick to "feel" the unborn baby and it's obvious he doesn't want to. Hexenbiest manipulation at its finest.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27