Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Juliette suppress her immorality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Here is an in-depth analysis to support my assessment of the Juliette character and her drive to INFIDELITY.

Looking back on Season 1, Episode 16, The Things with Feathers” Nick plans for a romantic weekend getaway to a nice cabin to propose to Juliette. They have been living together for 3 years.

Just as they get to the cabin, instead of her focusing on the romantic get-away with Nick, she keeps looking out the window and snooping into what is going on with their neighbors. After Nick get all involved in what is going on with the temporary neighbors, and resolves another secretive Wesen issues. Once back home he finally gets her to sit down for a few and drops the question.

He proposes to marry her, and what does she do? She first claims that she loves him so much and she wants to marry him some day. She then rejects his proposal with a lame excuse on how she is being left out of his secretive life. They been living together for 3 years.

In Season 3, Episode 10, Eyes of the Beholder. Juliette college friend Alicia was staying with her and Nick after her friend experienced some spousal abuse which started out in episode 9. All three, Nick, Juliette and Alicia meet for lunch/brunch in the beginning of episode 10,

At the brunch, Alicia mentions the situation reminded her of their college days and she wished they were back in their dorm. Except for Nick, of course”. Then Juliette wishes Nick had been there just before Alicia interrupts Juliette with, and I quote; “if only some of the guys that she was with”. Which Juliette immediately cuts her off. Note, Alicia said “the guys”. Not ‘singular” “guy” but” GUYS THAT SHE WAS WITH”.

After Alicia excuses herself to the lady’s room Juliet remarks to Nick, and I quote; “She was kidding about the guys, mostly” MOSTLY? This just adds to Juliette’s promiscuous past persona, unashamed and sort of proud of it. More proof of her suppressing her licentious behavior, which eventually the Hexenbiest in her released, what she was holding back, while living with Nick.

Let’s jump to Season 4 at the end of episode 13. After Juliette shows Nick that she is a Hexenbiest. That conversation continues in the beginning of episode 14. Here Nick promises her to still be in love with her and he would never hurt her even after she confesses she told Sean before she told Nick. At the end of episode 14, Nick is trying to come up to some kind of understanding with her but she pushes him away and starting to enjoy her new-found powers.

In episode 15, after sleeping out in her car for one night, she shows up at Sean place to ask to move in with him. After their history going back to her coma incident, this is the last place she should show up, unless she enjoyed those moments she experienced with Sean in the past. She even lies to Sean about not telling Nick about her being a Hexenbiest after she has done so back at the end of episode 13.

At this point Sean asks Juliette to cut herself to bleed on a Hexenbiest book to open it which Juliette is very interested in. Maybe she still wants to research if she could get back to normal. Who knows? And again, at the beginning of episode 16, after reading the book, she seems to be very upset that her condition looks as if it is irreversible. Also in the middle of episode 16 we see Juliette confront Nick after she came home to get some of her things. She laughs at his face, after he tells her he still loves her Hexenbiest and all.

Now for my “piece de resistance” in proving my theory. In the beginning of episode 17, before she knows nothing about Adalind being pregnant with Nicks baby she conceived while she was transformed to look like Juliette. While Nick depressed and eating dinner at home by his lonesome.
Juliette pops in Sean bedroom after he got his ass kicked by the new Royal lap dog Kenneth. Even after Sean asks Juliette for his key back, meaning for her to get the out, she throws the key to him, takes off her blouse. He asks her “what are you doing” she replies” finishing off what we started” referring back to her post coma sex drive to bang Sean and proceeds to sleep with him.
When he wakes up she didn’t even stick around to cuddle. He was left alone. Obviously, she didn’t bang Sean for spite. She still had no clue yet of Adalind baby fathered by Nick.

Later on, the same episode, in the Spice Shop, she puts on a nice act playing the victim with the whole gang about her situation. Why is she still putting on the act that she wants to go back to normal?

Jumping to episode 21, after she set up Nicks mom to be killed and had half of her neighbors killed off she jumps in the same bed she shared with Nick and proceeds to bang out the a-hole Kenneth. Well I rest my case. She is just a slut in waiting.
The same can you say to Adalind don't you think? Because caused all the things. If she wanted or not but everyone of the group had their hand in her turn. Not only Juliette.
(06-11-2017, 03:00 AM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]Here is an in-depth analysis to support my assessment of the Juliette character and her drive to INFIDELITY.

Looking back on Season 1, Episode 16, The Things with Feathers” Nick plans for a romantic weekend getaway to a nice cabin to propose to Juliette. They have been living together for 3 years.

Just as they get to the cabin, instead of her focusing on the romantic get-away with Nick, she keeps looking out the window and snooping into what is going on with their neighbors. After Nick get all involved in what is going on with the temporary neighbors, and resolves another secretive Wesen issues. Once back home he finally gets her to sit down for a few and drops the question.

He proposes to marry her, and what does she do? She first claims that she loves him so much and she wants to marry him some day. She then rejects his proposal with a lame excuse on how she is being left out of his secretive life. They been living together for 3 years.

In Season 3, Episode 10, Eyes of the Beholder. Juliette college friend Alicia was staying with her and Nick after her friend experienced some spousal abuse which started out in episode 9. All three, Nick, Juliette and Alicia meet for lunch/brunch in the beginning of episode 10,

At the brunch, Alicia mentions the situation reminded her of their college days and she wished they were back in their dorm. Except for Nick, of course”. Then Juliette wishes Nick had been there just before Alicia interrupts Juliette with, and I quote; “if only some of the guys that she was with”. Which Juliette immediately cuts her off. Note, Alicia said “the guys”. Not ‘singular” “guy” but” GUYS THAT SHE WAS WITH”.

After Alicia excuses herself to the lady’s room Juliet remarks to Nick, and I quote; “She was kidding about the guys, mostly” MOSTLY? This just adds to Juliette’s promiscuous past persona, unashamed and sort of proud of it. More proof of her suppressing her licentious behavior, which eventually the Hexenbiest in her released, what she was holding back, while living with Nick.

Let’s jump to Season 4 at the end of episode 13. After Juliette shows Nick that she is a Hexenbiest. That conversation continues in the beginning of episode 14. Here Nick promises her to still be in love with her and he would never hurt her even after she confesses she told Sean before she told Nick. At the end of episode 14, Nick is trying to come up to some kind of understanding with her but she pushes him away and starting to enjoy her new-found powers.

In episode 15, after sleeping out in her car for one night, she shows up at Sean place to ask to move in with him. After their history going back to her coma incident, this is the last place she should show up, unless she enjoyed those moments she experienced with Sean in the past. She even lies to Sean about not telling Nick about her being a Hexenbiest after she has done so back at the end of episode 13.

At this point Sean asks Juliette to cut herself to bleed on a Hexenbiest book to open it which Juliette is very interested in. Maybe she still wants to research if she could get back to normal. Who knows? And again, at the beginning of episode 16, after reading the book, she seems to be very upset that her condition looks as if it is irreversible. Also in the middle of episode 16 we see Juliette confront Nick after she came home to get some of her things. She laughs at his face, after he tells her he still loves her Hexenbiest and all.

Now for my “piece de resistance” in proving my theory. In the beginning of episode 17, before she knows nothing about Adalind being pregnant with Nicks baby she conceived while she was transformed to look like Juliette. While Nick depressed and eating dinner at home by his lonesome.
Juliette pops in Sean bedroom after he got his ass kicked by the new Royal lap dog Kenneth. Even after Sean asks Juliette for his key back, meaning for her to get the out, she throws the key to him, takes off her blouse. He asks her “what are you doing” she replies” finishing off what we started” referring back to her post coma sex drive to bang Sean and proceeds to sleep with him.
When he wakes up she didn’t even stick around to cuddle. He was left alone. Obviously, she didn’t bang Sean for spite. She still had no clue yet of Adalind baby fathered by Nick.

Later on, the same episode, in the Spice Shop, she puts on a nice act playing the victim with the whole gang about her situation. Why is she still putting on the act that she wants to go back to normal?

Jumping to episode 21, after she set up Nicks mom to be killed and had half of her neighbors killed off she jumps in the same bed she shared with Nick and proceeds to bang out the a-hole Kenneth. Well I rest my case. She is just a slut in waiting.

Good Summary.

(06-11-2017, 03:36 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]The same can you say to Adalind don't you think? Because caused all the things. If she wanted or not but everyone of the group had their hand in her turn. Not only Juliette.

Hi Loona,
I agree. Both Juliette and Adalind were devoid of morals.
N G
@dicappatore I would add this and this is only Juliette. Some on the forum have posted and posted that Juliette was at a higher social level than Nick. Now I have always disagreed, now that the series has end I have rethought my points on this.

Could have Juliette have thought this adding that to your points? Maybe she didn't even know she had these feeling. When she became a hexenbiest it only add to these feeling of being above Nick and the other wesen. The one thing if I could just point to one was the college friend she made a big deal out of outing her friend. To show how enlighten she was against the wishes of her friend.

We seen in the final episodes that Monroe and Roselee didn't put hexenbiest in the wesen family, they acted as if hexenbiest were a different brand of wesen, maybe more inline with Grimms.
(06-11-2017, 03:36 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]The same can you say to Adalind don't you think? Because caused all the things. If she wanted or not but everyone of the group had their hand in her turn. Not only Juliette.

Sean was behind many of the bad things for both Adalind and Juliette. Sean before sleeping with Juliette he gave her Adalind's address and agreed with her that it was a good idea to kill Adalind. The last time Adalind saw Sean she begged him to work together to help their daughter and he was not interested in helping Diana so he wanted to kill Adalind so he would not have deal with Diana issue again. It was BC that got Sean to be willing to live with Diana even for selfish reasons.

(06-11-2017, 05:05 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Loona,
I agree. Both Juliette and Adalind were devoid of morals.
N G

The big bad of the show was Sean. A big part of the show was Juliette and Adalind let themselves be used by Sean and his relatives.
(06-11-2017, 03:00 AM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]Here is an in-depth analysis to support my assessment of the Juliette character and her drive to INFIDELITY.

And then the thread goes into a bunch of statements about Juliette hatred, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I get it.

What I don't get is you already have started a thread on your hatred of Juliette.

So why are you going through it again ad nauseum under a thread title of "Did Juliette suppress her immorality"?

What does Juliette suppressing her immorality have anything to do with you ranting on about how much you hate her? Not a thing as far as I can read.
(06-11-2017, 05:05 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Just as they get to the cabin, instead of her focusing on the romantic get-away with Nick, she keeps looking out the window and snooping into what is going on with their neighbors. After Nick get all involved in what is going on with the temporary neighbors, and resolves another secretive Wesen issues. Once back home he finally gets her to sit down for a few and drops the question.

There are many cultures in this country. Many well educated women who have careers for generations are willing to marry and have children but will not do so if they do not feel comfortable with the situation and are not looking for it. Many women in my family have been like the character Bones in the show Bones. Bones ended up married with children but was never looking for it but it just "happen". The women Bones is based loosely on the one who writes the books has 3 children and is married. Many people watching the show saw Bones as acting of character but I saw it as right on target. Bitise said over and over that Eve does not need a man means she is not looking for one that does not mean she would never marry and have kids.
Whoa! Juliette was presented as a salt of the earth person for the better part of the first three seasons and midway into the fourth. She didn't really cause any trouble in that time span and I don't think she was this morally depraved harpie that some have painted her to be. Whether she was an interesting character or not is a different question.

I really don't see why Juliette turning down Nick's proposal is counted against her. She shouldn't be obligated to accept just because he asked. Juliette was right about Nick holding a huge secret from her and she shouldn't marry someone who she knew was holding something huge from her. What she didn't know was Nick was essentially hiding a big part of his identity from her. I suppose she could've dumped him but she was hoping he would open up to her in time.

Now that I think about it, Nick only told her about his new reality when her life was in danger. He didn't even tell her in season 2 because Rosalee took the lead on that front. Monroe was pretty much dragged into it by her and Nick didn't play much of a part. Despite this, Juliette managed to break the Musai's hold over him.

Juliette can be held more responsible once she learned of the wesen world because she decided to stay with Nick which means she accepted the risks. She should be held accountable for what she did as a Hexenbiest and everything she did to Nick and the crew was pretty much out of spite.

Juliette is not nor has she even been the most interesting character in my book but blaming for stuff that happened in the first three seasons seems a little out of proportion.
(06-11-2017, 06:19 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

And then the thread goes into a bunch of statements about Juliette hatred, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I get it.

What I don't get is you already have started a thread on your hatred of Juliette.

So why are you going through it again ad nauseum under a thread title of "Did Juliette suppress her immortality"?

What does Juliette suppressing her immortality have anything to do with you ranting on about how much you hate her? Not a thing as far as I can read.

The reason for the two post is in the title. The hate post is on why I hate the character. Due to the payback going too far. Hurting others, a lot more that how she was hurt. Case and point, what did her neighbors do to her to end up dead for her to get revenge on Nick.

As for the post on infidelity, is just an observation on her inner self coming out after removing moral restrictions. I grant, you, I listed some of the same observations in both treads. But if I hated all the people that I know of in my life that have cheated on their partners in the real world I would be left with probably half of my friends and acquaintances. As not to repeat myself. Juliet was cheating on Nick way before she became the victim
(06-11-2017, 09:56 AM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2017, 06:19 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

So why are you going through it again ad nauseum under a thread title of "Did Juliette suppress her immortality"?

What does Juliette suppressing her immortality have anything to do with you ranting on about how much you hate her? Not a thing as far as I can read.

The reason for the two post is in the title. The hate post is on why I hate the character. Due to the payback going too far. Hurting others, a lot more that how she was hurt. Case and point, what did her neighbors do to her to end up dead for her to get revenge on Nick.

As for the post on infidelity, is just an observation on her inner self coming out after removing moral restrictions. I grant, you, I listed some of the same observations in both treads. But if I hated all the people that I know of in my life that have cheated on their partners in the real world I would be left with probably half of my friends and acquaintances. As not to repeat myself. Juliet was cheating on Nick way before she became the victim

Thanks for the explanation. My take on Nick and Juliette's relationship has been this. Juliette has no ties to Nick other than they live together and thus, are playing house together. Is it really cheating then if she dallies with another guy? I'd say no.

Now....consider Nick. He was ogling Adalind after he bought the engagement ring for Juliette. I have a feeling he was thinking of more than just how pretty she was. In other words, he'd like to boink her. If he was married, that would be emotional cheating. As there are no ties between him and Juliette *despite* having the engagement ring in his pocket, no harm no foul.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18