Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Juliette suppress her immorality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I recall her saying something about not going there, like the Juliette persona was some little bubble in her mind that she avoided.

Not many on the forum believed that because in reality, she would have to have relied on Juliette's experiences in order to forge her own experiences. There's no way she could have entirely ignored the Juliette part of her.

Sex would have been one of those experiences.
We're never given any details about how Eve was created, but if the process was anything like cult programming or the emergence of "alternate personalities," then parts of Juliette's personality would be compartmentalized and closed off, what was left would be Eve and would, over time, develop its own characteristics to replace what was closed off. Nobody ever said that Eve had to be taught how to walk, talk and eat like a baby, so absolutely Juliette's experiences are still accessible. Eve just keeps them walled off. And the parts walled off all seem to be emotions, not actions. Eve was just as capable of killing people as hexenbiest Juliette was (if anything, she was more so), she just did it for different reasons. Sex would probably be similar. At least, that's my theory for what happened onscreen.
I agree with your assessment, and that is one reason I do not think Juliette was immoral once she became Eve. One thing that I noticed while Eve (aka Renard) was in bed with Rachel, was that her heart wasn't in it. In my opinion, a true operative would have tackled any assignment whole heartedly.
(11-15-2018, 06:20 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Would Kenneth really give a fig about whether Juliette's loyal to him or not? I mean, it never seemed to be a consideration before. So no, I don't think she slept with Kenneth out of loyalty. I think she wanted him so she slept with him.

As for Adalind, I don't think she cared for Kenneth either. But she liked living with the royals and Kenneth was the one threw her out because she was useless to him. As a result, she was forced to go to Nick. But it's very obvious that if Adalind could have stayed with the royals, she would have over going to Nick.

If your only point was that Juliette was sleeping with Kenneth because she “wanted him”, then why where you writing “Juliette was smart enough to secure her place among the royals”? Yes, we know Adalind only came to Nick as a last desperate option, because they were enemies. But Nick helped her out and they became a couple against all odds. What has that to do with your claim that Juliette wanted Kenneth in Nick's bed? Why Nick's bed? Why focus on the baby? Why combine sex with preparing a death trap for Nick's mother?
(11-16-2018, 09:32 AM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]If your only point was that Juliette was sleeping with Kenneth because she “wanted him”, then why where you writing “Juliette was smart enough to secure her place among the royals”?

I don't recall stating this was my only point. If we're bringing up multiple points, you said Juliette's motive in going to bed with Kenneth was to hurt Nick. You also said she could have sought comfort in Kenneth and went to bed with him.

(11-16-2018, 09:32 AM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, we know Adalind only came to Nick as a last desperate option, because they were enemies. But Nick helped her out and they became a couple against all odds.

I know they became a couple. What I'm wondering is why you felt it was important to your post.

(11-16-2018, 09:32 AM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]Why Nick's bed? Why focus on the baby? Why combine sex with preparing a death trap for Nick's mother?

Kenneth was the one who focused on the baby, not Juliette. As for why they had sex, at what point do you think was an appropriate time for them to have sex?
Ja,I think a juliette would not be interested to know what that moment could be.
She did it because wanted, for revenge.
What she did also hurt her-I do not mean having sex with Ken or Renard-.
(11-16-2018, 09:40 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2018, 09:32 AM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]If your only point was that Juliette was sleeping with Kenneth because she “wanted him”, then why where you writing “Juliette was smart enough to secure her place among the royals”?

I don't recall stating this was my only point. If we're bringing up multiple points, you said Juliette's motive in going to bed with Kenneth was to hurt Nick. You also said she could have sought comfort in Kenneth and went to bed with him.

Hold your horses! You have been saying that Juliette's ONLY motive for sleeping with Kenneth was that she “wanted him”. Then you start writing about Juliette being “smart enough to secure her place among the royals”. When I assume this is a new argument for Juliette sleeping with Kenneth, you are saying “I don't think she slept with Kenneth out of loyalty. I think she wanted him, so she slept with him”. When I ask you about this, you say “I don't recall stating this was my only point”. So, what is your point about the royals and Adalind being dumped by Kenneth - if Juliette’s ONLY motive was pure passion? I'm confused.

(11-16-2018, 09:32 AM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, we know Adalind only came to Nick as a last desperate option, because they were enemies. But Nick helped her out and they became a couple against all odds.

I know they became a couple. What I'm wondering is why you felt it was important to your post.

LOL. You emphasized that Adalind only came to Nick out of desperation. Since this is well known and I can't see how its related to the Juliette ONLY slept with Kenneth because she “wanted him” argument, I chose to add further well-known fact without relevance.

(11-16-2018, 09:32 AM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]Why Nick's bed? Why focus on the baby? Why combine sex with preparing a death trap for Nick's mother?

Kenneth was the one who focused on the baby, not Juliette. As for why they had sex, at what point do you think was an appropriate time for them to have sex?

Listen, I have always been open to the possibility of more than one explanation. There may be several parallel reasons why Juliette had sex with Kenneth, but a desire to hurt Nick appears as the most obvious and important - at least the way I interpret the course of events. I know you have another point of view.
(11-16-2018, 09:32 AM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]Hold your horses! You have been saying that Juliette's ONLY motive for sleeping with Kenneth was that she “wanted him”. Then you start writing about Juliette being “smart enough to secure her place among the royals”. When I assume this is a new argument for Juliette sleeping with Kenneth, you are saying “I don't think she slept with Kenneth out of loyalty. I think she wanted him, so she slept with him”. When I ask you about this, you say “I don't recall stating this was my only point”. So, what is your point about the royals and Adalind being dumped by Kenneth - if Juliette’s ONLY motive was pure passion? I'm confused.

Honestly, I don't know what you want. I'm getting the impression you really don't want to debate at all. I can go along with that. As only one reason (according to you) and one reason only is allowed for Juliette sleeping with Kenneth, my reason is this: Juliette slept with Kenneth because she wanted to.

(11-16-2018, 09:32 AM)N_grimm Wrote: [ -> ]Listen, I have always been open to the possibility of more than one explanation. .

No, you're not, at least not with me. Let's just do as you suggested earlier, in another thread, way back when. Let's just agree to disagree.
(11-16-2018, 09:55 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]Ja,I think a juliette would not be interested to know what that moment could be.
She did it because wanted, for revenge.
What she did also hurt her-I do not mean having sex with Ken or Renard-.

I'm not sure I follow here. What was it she did that hurt her?
Do not explain me very well.
That not only who is the object of a revenge goes hurt, but also who seeks revenge.
Even if royalty hired her or something, she had ruined her life.
Someone who murders for the first time, will not be the same person
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18