Grimm Forum

Full Version: Why some hate Nick so much?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
I had to sit home today waiting for a phone interview and had some time to read lots of the posted threads. I noticed that many of the replies in various threads cross over to other threads and back. The result is a constant topic bleed over between all the main threads. After a while you notice a constant theme of various contributors.

We all have our favorites characters. And we all have the ones we dislike or just hate. Some of us are more passionate in defending their favorite and some are more neutral. I am sure some of us interject ourselves in some of the situations and think of how we would have handled the same situation differently.

In the world of MMORPG, massively multiplayer online role-playing game. When we immerse ourselves in a character, we call that character a “toon” short for “cartoon character”. When we immerse ourselves in that toon, we have total control of the paths and actions the toon takes. In a TV show? That control is given to the writers. We can fantasize all we want. The outcome is written in a script and completely out of our control.

Back to our favorite and hated characters in the series. One particular contributor’s patter sticks out. What is puzzling about this pattern is weird. I am sure some of you have read about my disdain for Juliette, the character, not the actress, Elizabeth Tulloch. I also have read some comments on some of the actors acting abilities.

But again, this one pattern is not just passionate about contempt of the character, Nick? But more so of the actor playing that part, David Giuntoli.

In the pecking order of a theatrical production, on the top is “The Producer”. Hence the name, “Production” The producer buys a script, hires all the crew, cast and director
Sometimes the writer, producer and director, actor, might be the same and all can be interchangeable. But the jobs pecking order remains the same and the actor is at the bottom of the list. If the lighting is bad, the direction is bad, the acting is bad. It all falls on the producer who did the hiring

The actor is given a script. The script tells the actor what to say. The director directs the actor on how to say it. If the director doesn’t like how he says it? They do a re-take until he is satisfied. Obviously, this doesn’t guarantee every role will be acted perfectly but at the same time you can’t blame it all to the actor.

But this contributor does. Not only points out what, where, how the character says stuff but is he alert, lazy, secretive can he fix things. Then he also ridicules the actor himself as if He produced, wrote, directed and acted the part. Now I did hear that David did some episode directing.

Before you point out the poor acting, you have a few more positions, on the pecking order to blame before you get to the actor. But again, this contributor just points out the character and the actor.

This is my conclusion on Whom and WHY? The contributor’s passion for Juliette is so intense and is so glad on what Juliette does to Nick. No matter how evil she became. If Juliette had gone with the royals to Europe and on the way, stopped in Spain and Hex/Juliette went and killed off her grandmother for scaring her with Chupacabra tale. The contributor would still forgiver her. And I know why.

This contributor is pissed because in the real world, Juliette/Elizabeth is engaged to be married to Nick/David for real and the contributor's head is re-enacting the spinning head from the Exorcist!

What do you think?
I absolutely love Nick. I watched the show mainly for him but that didn't mean I'm blind to his fair share of faults. He's done stuff that even makes me mad (Diana's kidnapping debacle) and I can see how some of his actions played a role in Juliette's downfall even though she was a willing participant the second she chose to stay with him after he told her he was a Grimm.
We must know how to separate fantasy from reality.
Even in the world of the serie tv nobody is " perfect". People make mistakes too. Nick did not know how to help Juliette for what was happening and she could equally have followed the same path: to become bad.
People need to separate the characters from the actors, end of story. The one is not the same as the other.
To be fair, Juliette's grandma has it coming. What was she thinking telling her sweet granddaughter these terrifying stories of the Chupacabra? I say she's living on borrowed time. She'll meet with an "accident" and HW will clean it up. Nobody will know what really happened to her. That'll just add to the legend of the Chupacabra who will now be rumored to have something very colorful emanating from the top of its head.

There's nothing to forgive.
(06-27-2017, 08:55 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, Juliette's grandma has it coming. What was she thinking telling her sweet granddaughter these terrifying stories of the Chupacabra? I say she's living on borrowed time. She'll meet with an "accident" and HW will clean it up. Nobody will know what really happened to her. That'll just add to the legend of the Chupacabra who will now be rumored to have something very colorful emanating from the top of its head.

Here I come Grandma! You better have El Chupacabra to protect you!
[Image: MV5BMjEyMjkwNzAwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjI3...@._V1_.jpg]
(06-27-2017, 10:21 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2017, 08:55 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, Juliette's grandma has it coming. What was she thinking telling her sweet granddaughter these terrifying stories of the Chupacabra? I say she's living on borrowed time. She'll meet with an "accident" and HW will clean it up. Nobody will know what really happened to her. That'll just add to the legend of the Chupacabra who will now be rumored to have something very colorful emanating from the top of its head.

Here I come Grandma! You better have El Chupacabra to protect you!
[Image: MV5BMjEyMjkwNzAwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjI3...@._V1_.jpg]

NICE SHOT! The wig tells me that's Eve. But as Juliette I wonder if she kept that look when she was spreading those legs. If so, maybe Sean would have still pumped her up. I wonder if Ken would have. But we will never know. She only put that face on for dear old Nick to kiss and whatever was to follow.

But according to her fair-minded sympathizers, for Nick, that was the only look he had to accept, kiss or bed with. Every time she faked any inkling of affection to Nick in private, she popped the “FACE”, and as her sympathizers have confirmed. That was his sign of not accepting her as a Hex and betraying HER. No warm up time. No human look for Nick to look at or bed with.

I guess I must have seen more deleted scene. Maybe, just maybe I fabricated those scenes in my own mind. Sweet old Juliette would have never done that to mean old Nick since any fair-minded person would have come to the same conclusion. Ohh! WAIT? Those scenes weren’t deleted. Where they?

Then these self-righteous partisans point fingers at the Nick side of the fence and accuse them of having double standards! It’s obviously they can’t comprehend their clouded views and wonder why Nick ended up with Adalind.
Adalind was a "Hexenbiest" and Juliette no.
Maybe see a Juliette "Hexenbiest" it would seem unnatural. Coupled with the fact that he would feel guilty.
This is my speculation:
In the precint Nick accuses to Adalind to ruin the life of Juliette-4×19-, but does not accuse her of lying in bed.
Because he would know that he was to blame or for having your fantasies.
Some people fantasize about a trío in bed or the favorite actor.
Remember that Ariel also lay down on her bed of Nick.
(06-27-2017, 01:32 PM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind was a "Hexenbiest" and Juliette no.
Maybe see a Juliette "Hexenbiest" it would seem unnatural. Coupled with the fact that he would feel guilty.
This is my speculation:
In the precint Nick accuses to Adalind to ruin the life of Juliette-4×19-, but does not accuse her of lying in bed.
Because he would know that he was to blame or for having your fantasies.
Some people fantasize about a trío in bed or the favorite actor.
Remember that Ariel also lay down on her bed of Nick.

brandon. You keep mentioning the scene with Ariel in Nick’s bed never in a few posts. That went anyplace. His last conversation he had with Juliette was about both Him and Hank going back to Ariel’s house. She replied about having their own fire dance when he comes back from the investigation.

Nick comes home expecting to get some from Juliette. He lays on the bed expecting Juliette. He didn’t even kiss her on the lips just a peck on her cheek and as he moved her hair, he saw her tattoos and that was the end of that. He never had sex with her. How is that anything to hold Nick responsible for?

That whole sequence had nothing to do with Sex. It was all Arial’s plan to sucker in Nick as the “Knight in Shining Armor” to save the “Princes, Juliette” and kill the evil dragon, by someone worthy of Him, her dad, and put him out of his misery. There was no sex or smooching or love.

But here is something to think about. Their conversation in the car as they pull over going home: An insight to their relationship.

Juliette; Nick, pull over.
Nick; You okay? {she shakes her head saying NO] Look, Juliette, I'm sorry.
I didn't want this to happen. Look, if I had any way of knowing
Juliette; Nick, she was crazy. How could you ever know what somebody like that is going to do?
Nick; Well, I can't promise it's going to get any better.
Juliette; I can't promise I can keep doing this.
MARIE: [Nick has a flashback] I know you love Juliette. But you have to end it and never see her again.
Nick’ What do you want to do?
Juliette; All I know is that I'm too tired to talk about it tonight. Let's just go home. (SIGHS) I'm just glad that bitch is dead.

Then we see Ariel not dead at all and walking out of the tunnel. As best I can recall, It’s the last time we see of her. Nick never cheated on Juliette with her.

Next day all they talk about is buying a gun for Juliette. Yea Baby, Guns to save the day!

BTW the actress playing Ariel is the same hot babe in the DC Comics shows, The Flash, Green Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, even Supergirl. I sometimes get her confused with Jemma in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.S. But that’s another hot
It was nothing more than a flirtation. But he could have had fantasies- questions-, thoughts after learning about Farley/Marie.
Of course he never cheated on Juliette.
What day of the wedding of Monroe and Rosalee is different.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24