Grimm Forum

Full Version: Why some hate Nick so much?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
(09-20-2017, 06:20 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]Never showed an ego bigger than a house.
He was always humble and made mistakes like everyone else.
He had to be coached in how to act all puffed up when pretending to be Renard (which was hilarious btw). If the writers intended for Nick to come across like a superhero, he was the humble kind ala Cap America/Superman type not the Iron Man variety that thinks the sun shines out their butt. I don't even see him as anything remotely close to being a superhero, sure being a Grimm and tackling big bad monsters like Z in up there with those type of characters but Nick didn't deal with world ending type of villains all the time to warrant the comparison.
(09-20-2017, 06:29 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2017, 06:20 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]Never showed an ego bigger than a house.
He had to be coached in how to act all puffed up when pretending to be Renard (which was hilarious btw). If the writers intended for Nick to come across like a superhero, he was the humble kind ala Cap America/Superman type not the Iron Man variety that thinks the sun shines out their butt. I don't even see him as anything remotely close to being a superhero, sure being a Grimm and tackling big bad monsters like Z in up there with those type of characters but Nick didn't deal with world ending type of villains all the time to warrant the comparison.

Now I know why I like Nick so much. He does remind me of Captain America, my favourite superhero from Avengers.
Spider-Man with a touch of captain America
Superman=zero
No that I am older I realised how incredibly flawed superheroes are, some with undesirable qualities. Superman has always been No.1 for me for years, followed by Spider-Man but had to give way to Cap, a recent favourite of mine since MCU began (it interchanges between him and Iron Man). Have been over Batman since The Dark Knight (great movie but I loathe it oh so much). BvS finally made me realise what a lunatic Batman is.
I imagine that if Superman was real, his life would be miserable. He'd be constantly running from one disaster to another and endlessly beating himself up over the people who died in a disaster because he was on the other side of the world saving people from another disaster. The only way for him to have any kind of a life would be to decide that sometimes he's going to choose not to save people even though he could, and then he'd have to decide which ones, which would have him playing God.

Nick's superhero syndrome is much easier to live with by comparison, because the only time he's compelled to use his powers is when the need for them rises up and spits in his face.
What I find perplexing about some of the anti-Nick’s critics is, their blame of his violent approach with the Wesen community. First, he becomes a Grimm. He tries to adjust to his new-found talent. He doesn’t start out to be violent until they, The Wesen, see in him for what he is. The Wesen brainwashing takes over their reactions and don’t see in him, he is a reformed Grimm with a new and fair approach to their world.

Second. He is Homicide Detective. As such, He won’t be showing up at your house with the Publisher Clearing House winning ticket! If he shows up in your neck of the woods, it’s most likely do with to the result of some type of violence. If he gets violent with some of these characters, its due to him, reacting to violence. Not because he had nothing else to do and decides to go pick a fight.

Blaming Nick for getting violent with many of the Wesen he encounters is like my wife, blaming me for getting the car wet when she asks me to go to the store in the rain. It’s not a choice. It is inevitable!
And then there's Monroe, who is basically Nick's Obi-Wan-Kenobi in the ways of the wesen world, frequently telling him that he needs to put away his badge, act as a grimm...and kill the WotW.
Only on certain ocasions. In 6×3 too nervous to help.

I would disagree. I don't recall the entire community of wesen coming to him and begging for him to be the answer to their problems with other wesen. He took that upon himself at the request of Marie. That takes some real ego for him to believe he's the solution.

This seems to be a common trait among superheroes. They have a tendency to butt in where they really don't belong.
I never said that he could solve the problems of any Wesen.
The important thing is that you feel good about yourself.
To please everyone is impossible.
The Wesen who will not agree with him for being what he is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24