Grimm Forum

Full Version: Why some hate Nick so much?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
(06-27-2017, 03:44 PM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]It was nothing more than a flirtation. But he could have had fantasies- questions-, thoughts after learning about Farley/Marie.
Of course he never cheated on Juliette.
What day of the wedding of Monroe and Rosalee is different.

Have you been watching any of the DC comics series. The actress playing Ariell is a main character in "The Flash" series
I know, maybe that's why she did not appear again. And Titus W.( Farley K.) is in a as well. Police series tv and is the main protagonist.
I actually like Nick as a character. His role actually stays true to the original fairytale set up of the show. He plays a traditional hero character who is gallant, brave, and loyal to those he loves and cares about. The character is not without faults, but then again he wouldn't be believable if he was perfect in every way. He's probably one of my top three favourite characters in the show, with Monroe being at the top of my list. He and Nick had fantastic chemistry from the get go.
My impression of many of the Nick haters is that they want a hero in the mold of the early comic books. One with no faults or mistakes, a reflection of those times. The early Superman is the best example. Only recently have super heroes been show with imperfections, to make them more in keeping with the reality of the present, when everyone knows that everyone has faults and weaknesses.
(09-14-2017, 03:03 AM)wesen Wrote: [ -> ]I actually like Nick as a character. His role actually stays true to the original fairytale set up of the show. He plays a traditional hero character who is gallant, brave, and loyal to those he loves and cares about. The character is not without faults, but then again he wouldn't be believable if he was perfect in every way. He's probably one of my top three favourite characters in the show, with Monroe being at the top of my list. He and Nick had fantastic chemistry from the get go.

(09-14-2017, 06:00 AM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]My impression of many of the Nick haters is that they want a hero in the mold of the early comic books. One with no faults or mistakes, a reflection of those times. The early Superman is the best example. Only recently have super heroes been show with imperfections, to make them more in keeping with the reality of the present, when everyone knows that everyone has faults and weaknesses.

As much as I like the Character “Nick”. To me he was imperfect. He kissed up to Juliette, from day one, to the end. Just a little too much for my taste.
I love characters that have flaws. Like some posters have mentioned before, people are not heroes 24/7 but are heroic in certain moments. Sometimes they disappoint us. Sometimes they disappoint themselves. Sometimes they are heroic. It's just how you rise and try again giving it all you have that matters- as long as you strive to do good overall. I like Nick, warts and all.

I read a few short detective stories circa 1900's and earlier from the free open Subway Library recently. They had had some of those cookie cutter hero's and people. It's not just the early comic books. I had downloaded and intended to read as many free books as I could. There were more old novels & short stories for free. I found them so annoyingly unrealistic that I gave up. I'm back to staring above heads on the subway.
Nick's my favorite on the show. I love him warts and all. He was the reason I watched the show.
From what I've observed, I don't think some of the people who criticize Nick regularly do it because of flaws. I think they do it because they feel like the show didn't acknowledge them as flaws or fans give him a pass for them. I could be wrong but that's the impression I get.

I've seen this in other fandoms with Jon Snow. He's held up as a golden boy and his flaws get blamed on other characters. For example, something he did wrong last season is somehow Sansa's fault. I won't get into the specifics but anyone who watches GoT can probably figure it out.

Then again, some of the criticism Nick gets is so extreme I have no explanation for it. Anyone who criticizes him for anything he does clearly thinks the guy is nothing but flaws.
I liked Nick too, even with his extreme kissing up to Juliette. Plus, I enjoyed how the actor, David Giuntoli played him. I guess, being biased on last names with lots of vowels, might be another reason. According from some of his interview, the production got a deal with him. Due to his unknown status in the industry, he came cheap.
(09-14-2017, 02:00 PM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]I liked Nick too, even with his extreme kissing up to Juliette.

You've REALLY got a problem with that, don't you? How exactly is Nick hunkering down with Adalind supposed to be an improvement? If anything, it's just a reversal of the dynamic you're (wrongfully) criticizing about the Nick/Juliette relationship, with Adalind the sniveling domesticated wimp instead of Nick.

Then again, I can see why that would appeal to you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24