Grimm Forum

Full Version: Grimm’s worldview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(12-22-2016, 10:42 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe if her so called friends had put as much effort into helping Juliette feel good about being a hexenbiest. As they did about some temporary supressent. She would not have found reasons to be angery.

This is a very good point. Nick comments to Hank that he loves being a Grimm. Rosalee says she would give up her Fuchsbau for Monroe, but she doesn't have to and clearly likes being a Fuchsbau.

Yet when Juliette comments that she likes being a hexenbiest, all of the sudden it's looked upon as some evil thing. It's portrayed as if being a hexenbiest is some kind of sin against nature.

Why is it not only okay, but acceptable for Grimms and wesen to embrace their inner nature, but not a created hexenbiest?
(12-22-2016, 10:42 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Why should she take the supressent. She is a hexenbiest. Why postponed dealing with that. The sooner she accepted the truth the eseier it is. Why would she not enjoy what she is. It is much better then hateing herself. People comment how it is wrong that Juliette enjoys her powers. Maybe if her so called friends had put as much effort into helping Juliette feel good about being a hexenbiest. As they did about some temporary supressent. She would not have found reasons to be angery.

me personally, i did not mind her accepting her hexenb. infact it was a fresh sight seeing juliette different. only thing is, she felt invincible which made her too confident, god like and reckless. best bet for her was to learn more about herself and learn how to channel her anger.
(12-22-2016, 10:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2016, 10:42 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe if her so called friends had put as much effort into helping Juliette feel good about being a hexenbiest. As they did about some temporary supressent. She would not have found reasons to be angery.

This is a very good point. Nick comments to Hank that he loves being a Grimm. Rosalee says she would give up her Fuchsbau for Monroe, but she doesn't have to and clearly likes being a Fuchsbau.

Yet when Juliette comments that she likes being a hexenbiest, all of the sudden it's looked upon as some evil thing. It's portrayed as if being a hexenbiest is some kind of sin against nature.

Why is it not only okay, but acceptable for Grimms and wesen to embrace their inner nature, but not a created hexenbiest?
Should we look at the voice tone Juliette used when talking to Rosalee at the jail? Maybe it is only me so I only say this as my view. Juliette tone was sharp like she was saying thing she didn't believe herself. I have posted and believe that Juliette was like someone who liked knowing thing others didn't but when she became part of the wesen world the thing changed. A lot of people think something is cool until they are forced to live it.
Juliette not trusting the suppressant or Adalind is one thing, but to say it could have harmed her when we saw that it worked is just supposition. She had every right to turn it down based on her history with Adalind. Nick and the gang were willing to to do anything and to them Adalind taking the risk herself, and rendering herself weak and a possibility that should they decide to pay her back for every horrible things she'd done, she'd be defenseless, it was a sign that her suppressant did what she said it would and that was a chance to get the old Juliette back, a risk they wanted to take and thought Juliette would be on board.

I think Juliette would have been rational about the suppressant had Adalind not been involved. One thing this show has done is show us things that we are to take at face value. Any duplicity, as viewers, we were always made privy to from the onset, no fakeouts until Juliette's "death" at the end of S4. Thus I think we were meant to believe Adalind's potion was exactly what she purported, anything less, Juliette AND Nick would have cause to come after her, no holds barred. At that stage Nick didn't care at all for Adalind. Everything he did, he did for the baby. He'd never physically hurt the baby but who knew what he'd do to her in retaliation for any deception she may have weaved with the suppressant? Later, we see that she actually thought Nick had come back to kill her regardless of Juliette taking the suppressant.

Adalind's life was on the line if it turned out she was up to her old tricks. I think Juliette in her irrational state thought this was the case but also the fact that Nick and the gang were essentially taking Adalind's side like she'd accused Nick at the police station. The potion would have worked, the show told us that but Juliette would never in a million years take anything from Adalind so it didn't matter one way or another.
(12-22-2016, 10:54 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a very good point. Nick comments to Hank that he loves being a Grimm. Rosalee says she would give up her Fuchsbau for Monroe, but she doesn't have to and clearly likes being a Fuchsbau.

Should we look at the voice tone Juliette used when talking to Rosalee at the jail? Maybe it is only me so I only say this as my view. Juliette tone was sharp like she was saying thing she didn't believe herself. I have posted and believe that Juliette was like someone who liked knowing thing others didn't but when she became part of the wesen world the thing changed. A lot of people think something is cool until they are forced to live it.

In the world of the hexenbiest, Juliette was but an infant during the time in jail with Rosalee. Should Rosalee really assume Juliette didn't want to be a hexenbiest merely from the tone of her voice? I would say not.

I keep sounding like a broken record here, but I find it peculiar that no one from the scoobies really took the time to sit down with Juliette and find out what she really wanted. Their whole reaction to her hexenbiest almost takes on more of an anti-racial aspect more than any logical thought process.

Even the creative team themselves seem to take a very strange view of the situation they created.
Juliette always felt the weakest odd man out from the group after she found out about the super natural world, thats one more reason why she embraced it. She could protect herself. The only thing was the hexen side brought out the true juliette and her nature.
(12-22-2016, 11:03 AM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]Juliette always felt the weakest odd man out from the group after she found out about the super natural world, thats one more reason why she embraced it. She could protect herself. The only thing was the hexen side brought out the true juliette and her nature.

And why would the scoobies have any issue whatsoever with that? It seems like once she really and truly became one of them, they decided she was not fit to actually be really and truly one of them.
(12-22-2016, 11:01 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2016, 10:54 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a very good point. Nick comments to Hank that he loves being a Grimm. Rosalee says she would give up her Fuchsbau for Monroe, but she doesn't have to and clearly likes being a Fuchsbau.

In the world of the hexenbiest, Juliette was but an infant during the time in jail with Rosalee. Should Rosalee really assume Juliette didn't want to be a hexenbiest merely from the tone of her voice? I would say not.

I keep sounding like a broken record here, but I find it peculiar that no one from the scoobies really took the time to sit down with Juliette and find out what she really wanted. Their whole reaction to her hexenbiest almost takes on more of an anti-racial aspect more than any logical thought process.

Even the creative team themselves seem to take a very strange view of the situation they created.
How many times did Juliette say she want to be herself again? Henriette, Sean if I know for sure may have been others that slip my mind. So when she talking at the jail why wouldn't I think the tone had a meaning other than the words? I will agree at this point she knows they is no way of going back, that why I added the fun to know not alway fun to be.
I believed her when she told Nick at the police station that she was in hell. I think the hexenbiest was making her irrational and gaining in strength, the more emotional she got. The best thing to do for her at the time was get rid of Adalind altogether. That was the one person she hated and blamed for every foul thing to ever happen to her. With Nick, she loved him so she whatever nonsense she faced with him,she took it on the chin but Adalind...... Hexenbiests strike me as very emotional beings and I imagine love, hate and anger are a potent mix. I think Juliette's anger was a perfect catalyst for the destruction that followed, it makes sense to get rid of the thing that made her more susceptible to the hexenbiest's control.
(12-22-2016, 11:05 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2016, 11:03 AM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]Juliette always felt the weakest odd man out from the group after she found out about the super natural world, thats one more reason why she embraced it. She could protect herself. The only thing was the hexen side brought out the true juliette and her nature.

And why would the scoobies have any issue whatsoever with that? It seems like once she really and truly became one of them, they decided she was not fit to actually be really and truly one of them.

Well I do not think the scoobies were worried about that really. Juliette herself was confusing. first she said she blamed them all and wanted to be normal, they tried to help her, then Juliette changed her mind that she loved who she was, then again she blames them once more.... It showed signs that Juliette was not stable.

What they all were most worried about was of her being unpredictable and that made her very very dangerous.

Even when Miesner captured her, she tried to hurt him, he slapped her and told her she will learn to channel her rage to better use.

Her unstability and unpredictability was what the scooby gang were most afraid of.

(12-22-2016, 11:09 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]I believed her when she told Nick at the police station that she was in hell. I think the hexenbiest was making her irrational and gaining in strength, the more emotional she got. The best thing to do for her at the time was get rid of Adalind altogether. That was the one person she hated and blamed for every foul thing to ever happen to her. With Nick, she loved him so she whatever nonsense she faced with him,she took it on the chin but Adalind...... Hexenbiests strike me as very emotional beings and I imagine love, hate and anger are a potent mix. I think Juliette's anger was a perfect catalyst for the destruction that followed, it makes sense to get rid of the thing that made her more susceptible to the hexenbiest's control.

This ended up to be a total loss for her after all her actions, this she knew. Because at the end of it all she found no reason to live, but Miesner changed her to be emotionless.
Juliette herself even confessed this and finding a new purpose to live. Thats why she is called Eve, a new woman reborn.

Everything she did as Juliette, she came to understand it was all wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25