Grimm Forum

Full Version: Grimm’s worldview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Conrad being interested in kelly does not fit any of the actions taken by the characters. Even the reasons given in the comment are based on what would be Conrad's line of thought. To make that assumption you would need to know how the characters think. Since we actually only have the characters actions to go by. We now know kelly's only value was to give Nick a reason to attack sean
(12-21-2016, 10:42 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Conrad being interested in kelly does not fit any of the actions taken by the characters. Even the reasons given in the comment are based on what would be Conrad's line of thought. To make that assumption you would need to know how the characters think. Since we actually only have the characters actions to go by. We now know kelly's only value was to give Nick a reason to attack sean

In the deleted scenes, Conrad explained in detail why he wanted Kelly to Sean.
(12-21-2016, 10:27 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2016, 10:08 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind, while suppressed confessed to Nick and expressed remorse.

Do you believe her, New Guy? If so, why?
Hi Iruk,
I believe human Adalind knows she did evil things and that Nick provided her and little Kelly with shelter and care. She expressed remorse while human, but with her hexen back, she may let the evil spirit guide her future actions.
So I believe she was truthful in her confession and remorse, but cannot be trusted. IMO, she knows her children are better off if she does not do anything that Nick must avenge as The Grimm. I do not see her as a strong enough woman to overcome hexen urges for evil acts. Nick must be vigilant.
N G
The show has never shown redemtion. In season 5 Adalind through the vase at Sean head. After Rachel died. Adalind started to woge letting Sean know he would be in for a fight.
Instinct does not require logical reasoning. Instinct is what controls involuntary actions.
(12-21-2016, 10:53 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Iruk,
I believe human Adalind knows she did evil things and that Nick provided her and little Kelly with shelter and care. She expressed remorse while human, but with her hexen back, she may let the evil spirit guide her future actions.
So I believe she was truthful in her confession and remorse, but cannot be trusted. IMO, she knows her children are better off if she does not do anything that Nick must avenge as The Grimm. I do not see her as a strong enough woman to overcome hexen urges for evil acts. Nick must be vigilant.
N G

Hi New Guy-
So do you believe that's all Adalind should have to do is just express regret?
(12-21-2016, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
N G

Hi New Guy-
Hi Iruk,
No one can take back anything they have done. Fortunately for Adalind, she botched most of the evil acts Renard had her do. Hexenette was more skilled, the trailer burned, Kelly died and she had jolly romps with Renard and Kenneth. Adalind has the less difficult task to show true penitence. FrankenEve's phony "Juliette did it, I'm the all powerful Eve" attitude makes it clear she has no regret and no intention of showing any penitence.
N G
(12-21-2016, 11:23 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2016, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
N G

Hi New Guy-
Hi Iruk,
No one can take back anything they have done. Fortunately for Adalind, she botched most of the evil acts Renard had her do. Hexenette was more skilled, the trailer burned, Kelly died and she had jolly romps with Renard and Kenneth. Adalind has the less difficult task to show true penitence. FrankenEve's phony "Juliette did it, I'm the all powerful Eve" attitude makes it clear she has no regret and no intention of showing any penitence.
N G

Thanks, New Guy. I was just curious to see what you thought. In my opinion, with the climate regarding Juliette/Eve, I don't think anything she could say or do is going to warrant forgiveness with the fan base.

On the subject of Adalind, while she expressed regret, it was a rather poor apology, in my opinion.

But then, I wonder, does Nick even realize or care if either woman expresses regret? It's a real weird contradiction in him. He has no issue with telling Monroe he had sex with Adalind. Yet when she expresses regret, he says nothing.
(12-21-2016, 10:53 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Hexenette was more skilled, the trailer burned, Kelly died and she had jolly romps with Renard and Kenneth.

Hahaha Big Grin , Yup, you surly hit the bulls eye on that one.

(12-21-2016, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, New Guy. I was just curious to see what you thought. In my opinion, with the climate regarding Juliette/Eve, I don't think anything she could say or do is going to warrant forgiveness with the fan base.

On the subject of Adalind, while she expressed regret, it was a rather poor apology, in my opinion.

But then, I wonder, does Nick even realize or care if either woman expresses regret? It's a real weird contradiction in him. He has no issue with telling Monroe he had sex with Adalind. Yet when she expresses regret, he says nothing.

Now regarding the first paragraph,
I do not see it to be just fan base related. Juliette's actions sealed the deal of what ever trust Nick and his friends had for her. Even when she burnt the trailer, we all knew it belong to Nick but it also belonged to his friends in some way as time time went on.

If you notice when they saw the burnt trailer, they all had flashbacks, feeling betrayed, hurt. Juliette has her work cut out for not just to ask Nick for forgivness but his freinds too. Not just only the trailer but sleeping with the enemy(s), trying to kill an innocent child,help killing a mother, killing a best friend, the list goes on and all this she wanted to fulfill in a very small time window frame. Her forgivness will not be easy, Season 5 even showed more that rather than forgiving, she would rather have her feelings whiped out, well that too does not show good expections for Nick and his friends. The best bet maybe she would sacrifice herself for them someday to show she was sorry. Cause 13 episodes is surly not enough to be forgiven.

Adalind - Her apologies were not poor. Her apologies were compiled as the season went through with multiple episodes, we should not look at it as one episode but a number of episodes, including the deleted scenes which i believe the creators were heading to a specific path.

She not only worked on apologising with Nick but with every other person in the team. Even Truble was included. IMO, Adalind's actions to what she did in the past as the enemy was not as close to what Juliette did in a small amount of time who was a long time friend and girlfriend for 7 years. It showed how much anger, jealousy, insecurity Juliette had kept within herself for 4-7 years, it only took her to be a hexenB to bring it all out in a little period of time and that showed her true self, who Juliette really is (I believe thats were the episode Blind love comes into play in S6).

Nick realises this all on your last paragraph. After loosing so much in S4, he became very closed, confined and careful. He spoke very little, smiled less. And this continued not in 1 episode but again a number of episodes. But as time did go on, he began to heal, for he was trully hurt and felt very alone. He lost so much and felt he had no purpose but someone new came into his life that gave him a purpose to live again and continue life.
Adalind too, was the same. She too needed healing, she too needed forgiveness, She wanted to do things right esspecially after she saw who Nick and his friends really were, and I believe it was what she really needed.

I will also like to add, where Adalind made up her mind to go to Nick and change herself to be a different person. Some one in the Royal gave her a very good advise and she took it and went for it. Quote below....

"Adalind: W-will I ever see him again?
Frederick: Grown rather fond of him, have you?
Adalind: We've just been through so much together.
Frederick: Just so you know, I never really approved of him throwing you in the dungeon like that. On the other hand, you did betray the family by leaving Vienna with the Resistance.
Adalind: I was so confused.

Frederick: The world is confused. People like the illusion of being in control of their lives. But ultimately, what they crave is protection, safety. And none of that happens without singular vision of the future. Your child has a very important part to play in that future. She has Royal blood. And we will get her back where she belongs."

That last comment Frederick said after thier conversation was were every thing changed for Adalind, so she took a leap to go to the person she felt was an equality to the comment Frederick made.

Adalind changed, and my did she change. All everyone needed to see was who she really was. In the aspect of her turning back to a HexenB, She was still in control, she was a hexenb for 2 months living with Nick and still was a better person. I think she still stayed that better person becuase there were good and loving people around her. People who will protect her and her family, she felt safe, cared for, loved and so her Hexen feeling kind of adapted to the atmosphere around her for the better which is equal to the supressant she took. I think this was what the writers wanted to clear up. You do not need to take medicine for headaches when all you can do is letting your body nature take its course by having a good sleep.
(12-21-2016, 12:39 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]Now regarding the first paragraph,
I do not see it to be just fan base related. Juliette's actions sealed the deal of what ever trust Nick and his friends had for her. Even when she burnt the trailer, we all knew it belong to Nick but it also belonged to his friends in some way as time time went on.

While I don't agree with the logic of "it belonged to his friends in some way as time went on", I have to ask this question:

Was Juliette never Nick's friend as well as his love?

(12-21-2016, 12:39 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]If you notice when they saw the burnt trailer, they all had flashbacks, feeling betrayed, hurt. Juliette has her work cut out for not just to ask Nick for forgivness but his freinds too. Not just only the trailer but sleeping with the enemy(s), trying to kill an innocent child,help killing a mother, killing a best friend, the list goes on and all this she wanted to fulfill in a very small time window. Her forgivness will not be easy, Season 5 even showed more that rather than forgiving, she would rather have her feeling whiped out, well that too does not show good expections for Nick and his friends. The best bet maybe she would sacrifice herself for them someday to show she was sorry. Cause 13 episodes is surly not enough to be forgiven.

First, she never tried to kill an innocent child. If you remember, Nick blocked her and Juliette backed off.

Second, I'm not sure what mother you're referring to, other than Kelly. Kelly is Nick's egg donor, nothing more in my opinion. She shirked her duties as a mother to him long ago.

Third, what best friend are you talking about that Juliette killed?

Fourth, even if Juliette self-sacrificed herself, it would never be enough for those who truly hate the character.

Fifth, the trailer is simply that, a trailer with some oddities in it. I'm not for destruction of property, but it's not the worst thing in the world a woman can do and it fits right in with a woman scorned. Juliette was scorned in the police station, no doubt about it.

(12-21-2016, 12:39 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind - Her apologies were not poor. Her apologies were compiled as the season went through with multiple episodes, we should not look at it as one episode but a number of episodes, including the deleted scenes which i believe the creators were heading to a specific path.

She voiced regret in one episode, not episode after episode. And in my opinion, it was not the most heartfelt of apologies. I still see Adalind as all about Adalind, which of course translates to her apologies.

(12-21-2016, 12:39 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]She not only worked on apologising with Nick but with every other person in the team. Even Truble was included. IMO, Adalind's actions to what she did in the past as the enemy was not as close to what Juliette did in a small amount of time who was a long time friend and girlfriend for 7 years. It showed how much anger, jealousy, insecurity Juliette had kept within herself for 4-7 years, it only took her to be a hexenB to bring it all out in a little period of time and that showed her true self, who Juliette really is (I believe thats were the episode Blind love comes into play in S6).

She didn't apologize to Juliette.
(12-21-2016, 01:31 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]While I don't agree with the logic of "it belonged to his friends in some way as time went on", I have to ask this question:

Was Juliette never Nick's friend as well as his love?

I know were you are getting at, but to answer your question still falls on the same page. Yes they were friends and lovers, all the more painful for her actions done to him.

(12-21-2016, 01:31 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]First, she never tried to kill an innocent child. If you remember, Nick blocked her and Juliette backed off.

Now magine if he did not block her, what do we think she would have done? Best scenerio was microwaving the baby and adalind's head. Cause she was hell bent on taking her out.

(12-21-2016, 01:31 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Second, I'm not sure what mother you're referring to, other than Kelly. Kelly is Nick's egg donor, nothing more in my opinion. She shirked her duties as a mother to him long ago.

I meant Kelly. Nick mum. My comment was directed about her.

(12-21-2016, 01:31 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Third, what best friend are you talking about that Juliette killed?

Monroe. He is Nick's best friend. The situation they had at the spice shop.

(12-21-2016, 01:31 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Fourth, even if Juliette self-sacrificed herself, it would never be enough for those who truly hate the character.

Granted to some point. Alteast it would not be as much as Nick and friends dislike her and being careful with her presently.

(12-21-2016, 01:31 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Fifth, the trailer is simply that, a trailer with some oddities in it. I'm not for destruction of property, but it's not the worst thing in the world a woman can do and it fits right in with a woman scorned. Juliette was scorned in the police station, no doubt about it.

Yes, my point i was heading at is, this is one of the tragic things she has done adding up to the other number of tragic things she did to those who trusted her. It all compiled to one big hell storm of pain, hurt, fear and hate the scooby gang had for her.

(12-21-2016, 01:31 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]She voiced regret in one episode, not episode after episode. And in my opinion, it was not the most heartfelt of apologies. I still see Adalind as all about Adalind, which of course translates to her apologies.

I beg to differ, but we all voice out our views and opinions.

(12-21-2016, 01:31 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]She didn't apologize to Juliette.

Adalind does not have to apoligise to Juliette, atleast not now. Not when every one knows she has no feelings what so ever. So apologising to her is not worth while. How can anyone apologise to Juliette when Juliette/Eve is not able to forgive herself first. This is a 2 way streak.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25