Grimm Forum

Full Version: Grimm’s worldview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
The only thing I see the supressent doing was provide Adalind with a way to show good faith to the others. They where helping Kelly. We saw while making the supressent they where not fans of Adalind. After taking the supressent as a way to help Juliette. The where more willing to accept her. Even though had no actual purpose
(12-21-2016, 05:50 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2016, 11:57 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]Yes they did. What should have been a futile exercise (Juliette rejecting the suppressant) turned into a blessing in disguise because Nick and Adalind grew close and fell in love (at least she did, still uncertain about Nick but we may get an answer very soon).

Adalind made two batches of suppressant, assuming it lasted six months, had Juliette not destroyed her batch Adalind would have drank the second the second her powers returned and bought herself six more months. Or she could have tried to work with the last batch and tried to increase its potency so it could last longer than six months.

I doubt very much that Adalind was ever going to take another batch of the potion. She seemed very interested in her old job when her coworker approached her about it.

Adalind may very well love Nick, or she may have been simply using him until she could get back on her feet. In any case, we know she also wants her life back. In order to do that, she cannot once again suppress the thing she needs, which is her hexenbiest. Maybe Nick can handle her as a hexenbiest, or maybe he can't, but Adalind is going ahead and changing things between them anyway.
In the spice shop when the powers presented themselves, I think she would have.
(12-21-2016, 09:02 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2016, 05:50 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2016, 11:57 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]Yes they did. What should have been a futile exercise (Juliette rejecting the suppressant) turned into a blessing in disguise because Nick and Adalind grew close and fell in love (at least she did, still uncertain about Nick but we may get an answer very soon).

Adalind made two batches of suppressant, assuming it lasted six months, had Juliette not destroyed her batch Adalind would have drank the second the second her powers returned and bought herself six more months. Or she could have tried to work with the last batch and tried to increase its potency so it could last longer than six months.

I doubt very much that Adalind was ever going to take another batch of the potion. She seemed very interested in her old job when her coworker approached her about it.

Adalind may very well love Nick, or she may have been simply using him until she could get back on her feet. In any case, we know she also wants her life back. In order to do that, she cannot once again suppress the thing she needs, which is her hexenbiest. Maybe Nick can handle her as a hexenbiest, or maybe he can't, but Adalind is going ahead and changing things between them anyway.
In the spice shop when the powers presented themselves, I think she would have.

Agreed, she know how much she benefited since the suppressant help her to think clearly about herself and her role in the world.
(12-21-2016, 08:54 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Juliette would have been fine with the potion since Adalind plus baby were fine.

It could be. But Adalind is in this for Adalind and bringing her worst enemy back to normal so that her enemy could conceivably end up with Nick would not have been in her plans.
(12-21-2016, 09:06 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2016, 08:54 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Juliette would have been fine with the potion since Adalind plus baby were fine.

It could be. But Adalind is in this for Adalind and bringing her worst enemy back to normal so that her enemy could conceivably end up with Nick would not have been in her plans.

At that time, Adalind did not want Nick she just wanted Juliette to stop trying to kill her and her baby.
(12-21-2016, 08:48 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2016, 07:52 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind would have taken another batch because she was terrified of her Hexenbiest returning and poured her heart out to Rosalee about not wanting it back. We're not given any indication that she's lying. This episode aired well before she got her job back and I think how Adalind was feeling at the time dictates what she would've done. She would've taken any solution Rosalee came up with at the time.

This was never meant to happen so it's all speculation. Rosalee could've come up with a cure and the writers would've just come up with some contrived reason for why Adalind needs her powers. There could've been some direct threat to Kelly right before she takes the cure.

Well, I don't buy Adalind's terrified response because she has manipulated before and will do so again. And exactly what was she terrified of? Nick certainly wasn't going to do anything to her and it's his kid. So she was terrified? Really? Of what? If you view the arguments on the forum, no one believes for a moment Juliette didn't do evil of her own free will. What then would make Adalind any different? Certainly not the fact that she's now a mother. I know many women who are bitches on wheels, yet are fabulous mothers.

I also think there was actually no intent (on Adalind's part) that Juliette would take the potion much less survive its results if she did. I was thinking about this and wondering just what Adalind was hoping to accomplish by offering the potion to Nick in the first place. Was she really hoping Juliette's hexenbiest would be suppressed? To what end?
There's no way the two women would reside together in the same house. Adalind knows that if Juliette was transformed back to near normal that Juliette would have been taken in and Adalind would have been booted out. She never would have had a chance.
I don't think Adalind was being manipulative when she was with Rosalee. She was afraid of Nick kicking her out, read: she was afraid of being dumped and left in the streets (with Kelly) even if they weren't really together. They'd only had sex. It may seem deceptive or even trivial or irrational for her but that scene at the spice shop played out as genuine to me.

(12-21-2016, 09:06 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

You're right about Adalind taking the suppressant for Adalind. She didn't care what Nick and Juliette did as long as Juliette would stop trying to kill her.
(12-21-2016, 09:10 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2016, 07:52 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind would have taken another batch because she was terrified of her Hexenbiest returning and poured her heart out to Rosalee about not wanting it back. We're not given any indication that she's lying. This episode aired well before she got her job back and I think how Adalind was feeling at the time dictates what she would've done. She would've taken any solution Rosalee came up with at the time.

This was never meant to happen so it's all speculation. Rosalee could've come up with a cure and the writers would've just come up with some contrived reason for why Adalind needs her powers. There could've been some direct threat to Kelly right before she takes the cure.

Well, I don't buy Adalind's terrified response because she has manipulated before and will do so again. And exactly what was she terrified of? Nick certainly wasn't going to do anything to her and it's his kid. So she was terrified? Really? Of what? If you view the arguments on the forum, no one believes for a moment Juliette didn't do evil of her own free will. What then would make Adalind any different? Certainly not the fact that she's now a mother. I know many women who are bitches on wheels, yet are fabulous mothers.

I also think there was actually no intent (on Adalind's part) that Juliette would take the potion much less survive its results if she did. I was thinking about this and wondering just what Adalind was hoping to accomplish by offering the potion to Nick in the first place. Was she really hoping Juliette's hexenbiest would be suppressed? To what end?
There's no way the two women would reside together in the same house. Adalind knows that if Juliette was transformed back to near normal that Juliette would have been taken in and Adalind would have been booted out. She never would have had a chance.
I don't Adalind was being manipulative when she was with Rosalee. She was afraid of Nick kicking her out, read: she was afraid of being dumped even if they weren't really together. They'd only had sex. It may seem deceptive or even trivial or irrational for her but that scene at the spice shop played out as genuine to me.

Yet she went and got her old job back. Her old job that *required* her to be a hexenbiest. She didn't seem all that terrified to me. And in hindsight, why didn't she learn anything from Nick when he was with Juliette the hexenbiest? He didn't hurt Juliette. Nope, I don't buy it.
There is nothing in Adalinds thinking that has changed. There are a lot of comments trying to argue that Adalind is some changed person because she is a mother. Yet the facts show she still makes the same self serving choices. All the arguments assume motivation in a show that only has actions and reactions. We know nothing about the characters to determine motivation.
(12-21-2016, 09:16 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing in Adalinds thinking that has changed. There are a lot of comments trying to argue that Adalind is some changed person because she is a mother. Yet the facts show she still makes the same self serving choices. All the arguments assume motivation in a show that only has actions and reactions. We know nothing about the characters to determine motivation.

I do believe she intends to be a good mother, syscrash, so there is motivation there. However, I don't believe for a moment she's developed any close relationships with the scoobies. The fact that Nick has never reciprocated by telling her he loves her back also leads me to suspect there's a drastic change in Adalind coming in the near future.
(12-21-2016, 09:14 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2016, 09:10 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]

This was like weeks after the incident at spice, I'd hope she'd have calmed down by then.

I don't Adalind was being manipulative when she was with Rosalee. She was afraid of Nick kicking her out, read: she was afraid of being dumped even if they weren't really together. They'd only had sex. It may seem deceptive or even trivial or irrational for her but that scene at the spice shop played out as genuine to me.

Yet she went and got her old job back. Her old job that *required* her to be a hexenbiest. She didn't seem all that terrified to me. And in hindsight, why didn't she learn anything from Nick when he was with Juliette the hexenbiest? He didn't hurt Juliette. Nope, I don't buy it.
That was weeks after the incident at the spice shop, I would hope she's calmed down by then. And Adalind made her intentions clear with Nick that she wouldn't be a stay home mom. It just so happened her powers had returned and there was a job opening at her old place of work, so she took advantage of that.

(12-21-2016, 09:16 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing in Adalinds thinking that has changed. There are a lot of comments trying to argue that Adalind is some changed person because she is a mother. Yet the facts show she still makes the same self serving choices. All the arguments assume motivation in a show that only has actions and reactions. We know nothing about the characters to determine motivation.
That goes for all the characters, Sean's still self serving going back to his evil ways. Monroe and Rosalee continue to put their life on hold for Nick. Eve is still giving too much of herself to Nick and his cause and getting nothing in return. Nick is still pussyfooting between being a Grimm and a cop. Hank and Wu continue to risk their jobs for killer Nick, so what's Adalind continuing to be self serving, she blends right in with the rest of the group that still refuses to change and break the cycle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25