Grimm Forum

Full Version: How the contract fits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I looked the episode up ("The Believer"), and after Monroe's university friend enhanced the script they determined that it was "Archaic Latin." Classical Latin begins in the First or Second Centuries, and the Romans didn't begin tolerating Christianity until the early Third Century, so anything in Archaic Latin would date back to Pagan era Rome.

The history of Grimms dates back to the Roman Empire, so it's conceivable that a Grimm or Grimms might still be behind the creation of the cloth. But probably not the seven knights during the Crusades.
I don't think the seven knights were behind the creation of the cloth. I think they were the ones who banished the Big Z to the alternate realm.
If someone like Z had been walking around in the 12th Century wreaking havoc on the Earth with a magic staff, there'd be a record of it somewhere, at least an oral history or legend. It's the kind of thing that would make a really big impression, and 700 years isn't all that far back compared to Old Testament times.

I take the early explanation of the Grimms' treasure as more likely; they found the stick at Constantinople, discovered that it could heal sickness and injury and even raise the dead and decided it was too much power to hand over to their royal sponsors and should be buried. If they'd had any idea that someday one of their descendants would have to dig it up and use it to save the world they'd have made more of an effort to make sure that story got passed down.
While the Templars had sponsors, they technically were subject to no one's authority but the pope's. I think the reason they took the shard and stayed in Germany until their death is due to the fact that this actually was a pagan relic and bringing it to the pope would have resulted in its destruction or theirs.

At the same time, I also think the Big Z was alive and well and not making any impression or creating havoc. Instead, it was pursuing the shard. The Templars got it first and Big Z pursued them. Unlike Nick, however, the Templars found a way to banish him to the mirror dimension. They buried the shard, believing he would never be able to return.

If the Big Z had the ability to peer into our world, he may have known where the shard was buried and intended on getting it if he were able to return.
First, it was never stated in the series that the seven Grimm knights were Templars; that's conjecture by people posting here. It was specifically stated that the seven Grimm knights fought for the seven royal families in the Crusades (no mention of a Pope), and that they hid what they found because they thought it was so powerful that the royals could use it to rule the world if they got hold of it. That's all in 201, "Bad Teeth."
(04-05-2018, 12:57 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]First, it was never stated in the series that the seven Grimm knights were Templars; that's conjecture by people posting here. It was specifically stated that the seven Grimm knights fought for the seven royal families in the Crusades (no mention of a Pope), and that they hid what they found because they thought it was so powerful that the royals could use it to rule the world if they got hold of it. That's all in 201, "Bad Teeth."

Just a word of advice Face. Don’t fall for a “trap spat” with some contributors. I know for a fact, the Templars did fight in some, if not, all the Crusades but all the Crusaders weren’t exclusively only Templars. There were many other orders of knights and many more non-specific orders of Knights and Christian volunteers.

Facts mean nothing to some of these contributors. They trap you in an argument by spewing their non-factual BS as facts, to make baseless assumptions and even try to twist your own words and then use them against you. At first, you might find it challenging, maybe even intriguing. In the end, you will just get frustrated and end up asking yourself, ‘what was I thinking”. Anyway, enjoy while you can. Like I said, just a friendly advice.
I don't know where this thought it that the knights were Templars simply through conjecture. In the script in season 5, episode 10, the Map of the Seven Knights, it was discussed that Nebojsa, who wads a grimm, was descended from the Templars. Monroe was the one who speculated that one of the knights on Nebojsa's father's side fought for the Knights Templar in the sack of Constantinople. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that when the shard was located? The script further goes on to state he was from Zollern, a town in the Black Forest.

So unless there was an entire army of grimms fighting in the Crusades, it seems to me Monroe is making a connection between Nebojsa and one of the seven knights. I know exactly what grimm states about the knights being in service to the royal families. Obviously that was never a consideration because the knights completely ignored whatever pledges they made and took the shard for themselves. Apparently these grimms are great at taking oaths and just as great at ignoring their own word.

I'm also surprised, (well not really), at the hanger on here who continues to insist on bringing facts to the debate when in reality, he does nothing of the sort. Must have been a day where he decided to concentrate on insulting other posters, toilet language, banging his head against something, dropping acid, and/or playing with the keyfobs and once again, confused all of that with so called facts. So typical.
According to genetic testing, about 1 in 200 men are direct desendents of Genghis Khan. Almost all Europeans are related to some king or other. To say "the seven knights are our ancestors" is probably correct but means nothing, almost all Grimms would have been. I am sure many of the Grimms(male and female) wanting a mate would have sought out Grimm families for a spouse. Grimm was a fantasy, let's enjoy the non-reality of it. Its okay to want to make some sense of it, but most of what we argue about is fantasy not fact.
And that's a perfectly good perspective. But I know you would also honor the perspectives of the rest of us who want to take the discussion to a more substantial realm than just fantasy.
(04-05-2018, 08:06 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]And that's a perfectly good perspective. But I know you would also honor the perspectives of the rest of us who want to take the discussion to a more substantial realm than just fantasy.
I certainly do. To each their own. However(there always is a however) I think all posters should agree to the same statement and not object if others disagree with their view of this fantasy realm.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10