Grimm Forum

Full Version: How the contract fits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I don't believe there was any connection between the contract and the big Z either. I assumed the contract was between Stefania and Adalind, and if Adalind renigged on the deal, Stefania would have a way of getting revenge. As the royals stepped in to obtain Diana, my thought is Stefania got paid what was due, so the contract was fulfilled.

While I don't think there is a connection, I think what seems to be forgotten, at least according to one of the posters here, is that these kinds of questions actually bring out some fascinating discussion. Thankfully, despite the criticisms, I see the discussion has continued and has made for a very interesting thread.

(03-30-2018, 05:23 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Diana's place in to sequence of events was that once Zerstorer realized she existed he chose her as his "child bride." There's no reason to believe that had Diana not been born Zerstorer wouldn't simply have chosen some other unfortunate youngster for that role.

So in this alternate world, would the Big Z have naturally taken a bride and continued to marry as his bride died or was no longer of use to him? Are the humans and/or wesen we see his descendants? The reason I ask is it seems strange to me that all of the sudden this creature, whether it be demon, grimm, or wesen, comes to our world and before it even gets into power, determines it needs a bride. If any female will do, why prioritize getting a bride above all else?

(03-30-2018, 05:23 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Diana being able to read the markings on the cloth is not especially key to the events, because the cloth was nothing more than someone's cryptic attempt to leave a warning that said, "for crying out loud, never use this #$%^ stick on this day," written using cloth and ink with terrible archival qualities. A warning that, of course, went unheeded.

Something that bothered me about the whole episode was the hokey 'the power of grimms' and I am paraphrasing here. I assumed the Templar grimms were the ones who broke this staff apart and took the shard in an effort to thwart the Big Z's powers. I also assumed that they somehow managed to strand him in the other dimension. Why they didn't destroy the shard and him along with it makes no sense to me. If the Templars were responsible for putting Z away, then the real 'power of a grimm' rested with them, not poltergeists Kelly and Marie.

(03-30-2018, 05:23 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]The Grimm treasure's prediction was that on a certain date in the future the stick would enable Zerstorer to pass from his realm into the world. Monroe's family bible and the theory that Zerstorer's staff was held by various other historical figures suggested that Zerstorer was at one time on this side of the mirror, which makes sense because if not, how would anyone here have known about him?

I thought there was a picture of the Big Z, holding the staff, which would have confirmed he was alive and well on our side of the portal. This also raises many questions in my mind. For one, if he's the big bad meanie as portrayed, why didn't he simply destroy the world and remake it back then?
(03-31-2018, 02:26 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Again, you need to re-watch the show to clear up your confusion. Eve's ability to see the symbols came after she was healed in S5, E22 but before she saw the symbols she experienced a death grip when she was helping to clean up the Spice Shop of dead BC Wesen in S6, E1. This is what exposed her to the other/underworld and how the other or underworld was made aware of her.
If you use an explanation for one case it would need to hold up for others. That is why doing the transformation Juliette took on Adalinds abilities makes no sense. The explanation fails when you consider that there where three other times the spell was used with no side effects. Also Juliette then Eve had much more power then Adalind. So it could not be Adalinds powers she acquired. She is closer to Diana then she is to Adalind. True they said made hexenbiest are more powerful the natural hexenbiest. But that explanation has a problem when you consider Henrettas response. Obviously that was not the first made hexenbiest she heard about or she would not have had the things needed to test her.

When I was creating my possible scenario, I tried to account for the inconsistencies you only see as plot holes.
Quote:Hey, maybe what led her down to this path is her guilt for what Diana reminded her for what she did. My way of connecting the dots makes a lot more sense than yours, for sure.
We spent an entire season of hearing that Juliiette had regrets, but as Eve she didn't so how could it be guilt that connects the dots.

To be specific I count 6 instances on the morphing count. Pay close attention, you might actually learn something.

1st, Adalind (Hex) morphs into Juliette (human) as a short trial run. Hex inhales human DNA, no side effects.

2nd, Adalind (Hex) becomes Juliette to have sex with Nick and takes away his Grimm powers. Hex inhales human DNA, no side effects.

3rd, Elisabeth (Hex) becomes Adalind (Hex) short test run. Hex inhales another Hex DNA, no side effects.

4th Juliette (human) becomes Adalind (Hex) to have sex with Nick to reverse effects to restore his Grimm. Human inhales Hex DNA, side effect, human takes on the properties of a Hex. DNA connects the DOTS.

5thth, Eve (Hex) becomes Sean (Zauberbiest) to bed Rachel (Wesen Lowen). Hex inhales Zauberbiest DNA, no side effects. Hex and Zauberbiest sex, obviously no side effects

6th, Nick (Grimm) becomes Sean (Zauberbiest). Grimm inhales Zauberbiest DNA, no side effects, blocked by "Blood of a Grimm".

Since this ability to use this spell is a specialty of a Hexenbiest/Zauberbiest, most likely the only ones able to know and use this spell are Hex’s and Zaub’s. As you can see, there is only one instance that a pure human takes a form of a Hex, hence only happened one time and it was Juliette inhaling the DNA of a Hex. How is that for dots connecting.

Adalind also proved that a non-Hex can become a Hex with the “Contaminatio Ritualis”. Maybe, her being a hex at birth and had her Hex removed by “The Blood of a Grimm”, the ritual only restored her powers and did not create a more powerful Hex.

How does Henrietta test Juliette’s Hex power? She takes a nice helping of her blood. There it is, that nasty DNA connection connecting dots you refuse to comprehend. See morph #4

As for my “guilt connecting dots”? Sarcasm was being used to expose the absurdity of your as usual, unfounded lack-luster inconceivable and baseless opinions.

I might have exaggerated a bit on that last sentence.
(03-31-2018, 06:42 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I thought there was a picture of the Big Z, holding the staff, which would have confirmed he was alive and well on our side of the portal. This also raises many questions in my mind. For one, if he's the big bad meanie as portrayed, why didn't he simply destroy the world and remake it back then?

Z really was hellbent on getting the stick, so my guess is that despite the power his staff obviously had, without the stick it wasn't up to the job of destroying or remaking the world.

Possibly, one of the staff's previous owners had broken the stick out and hidden it, to limit the power of the staff and provide a "fail safe" in case it fell into the wrong hands. Maybe Z got his hands on the staff and its previous owner used the stick to open a portal and shove Z through to banish him to the other world, and the message on the cloth was a depiction of the astronomical alignment of dates when the barrier between worlds could be breached and a warning to whoever held the stick to be on the lookout for signs that Z was trying to come back for it.
(03-31-2018, 12:46 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Z really was hellbent on getting the stick, so my guess is that despite the power his staff obviously had, without the stick it wasn't up to the job of destroying or remaking the world.

Possibly, one of the staff's previous owners had broken the stick out and hidden it, to limit the power of the staff and provide a "fail safe" in case it fell into the wrong hands. Maybe Z got his hands on the staff and its previous owner used the stick to open a portal and shove Z through to banish him to the other world, and the message on the cloth was a depiction of the astronomical alignment of dates when the barrier between worlds could be breached and a warning to whoever held the stick to be on the lookout for signs that Z was trying to come back for it.

Is it also possible that Big Z was no threat whatsoever to the people of the time, and it was the Templar grimms who banished him, simply because he wasn't human?
(04-01-2018, 06:50 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2018, 12:46 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Z really was hellbent on getting the stick, so my guess is that despite the power his staff obviously had, without the stick it wasn't up to the job of destroying or remaking the world.

Is it also possible that Big Z was no threat whatsoever to the people of the time, and it was the Templar grimms who banished him, simply because he wasn't human?
All things are possible, most are probable. If Z was such a nice guy, why did he terrorize the world he lived in and kill so many in the new world he went to?
(04-01-2018, 07:13 AM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]All things are possible, most are probable. If Z was such a nice guy, why did he terrorized the world he was in and kill all those he met in this one?

Revenge. That seems to be a common motive among the Grimm characters. I'd say he wouldn't be very happy at being forcibly imprisoned in an alternate world for centuries.
(04-01-2018, 06:50 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Is it also possible that Big Z was no threat whatsoever to the people of the time, and it was the Templar grimms who banished him, simply because he wasn't human?

Someone might have done that to him, but it's doubtful that it was the knights. The cloth the stick was wrapped in looked way more ancient than the 700 or so years that the stick had been buried in the knights' chest, and used pagan symbols on it that knights of the Crusades would never have used.
(04-01-2018, 12:54 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Someone might have done that to him, but it's doubtful that it was the knights. The cloth the stick was wrapped in looked way more ancient than the 700 or so years that the stick had been buried in the knights' chest, and used pagan symbols on it that knights of the Crusades would never have used.

When did Nick and company state the symbols on the cloth were pagan?
They guessed that the astrological star symbols were of Sumerian or some similarly ancient origin. Which would make them Pagan.
The guesses on the forum were possibly Sumerian or Celtic, but I don't recall the scoobies coming to that conclusion. I know they talked about star charts and the date, but that even came down to guessing. In the realm of the series, it was probably better that they didn't decipher it. To do so and for Nick to continue using the stick despite their warnings would have portrayed him as arrogant and ridiculous.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10