Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Eve sleep with Rachel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Well, if referring to sleeping as just laying in a bed naked, yes, they did. If referring to sex? No, Eve as Sean couldn’t get it up. So, yes to sleeping, no to sex.
At first try, she couldn't get it up. They agreed to give it another try and asked Rachel to explain the whole plan in the mean time. When she speaks to Nick about how she got the information, I get the implication that she eventually went all the way from her tone and discomfort, like she was inevitably forced to perform for the information Rachel divulged. It wasn't anything to write home about for either Eve or Rachel but the deed was done because that's how Nick from his understanding relayed the same story to Rosalee and she was equally creeped out by it. I don't think Eve would have implied sexual relations occurred if all they did was cuddle. And they didn't exactly sleep if the spell only lasts between thirty minutes to a full hour.
I didn’t see any indication that Eve/Rachael or Adalind/Nick was about sex. Neither woman was interested in having sex or spending quality time with their targets. Adalind didn’t want to go anywhere near the people who stole her baby. She agreed to take Nick’s Grimm in order to see her daughter, and sex was the only delivery method for the spell. Eve needed to create a scenario that allowed her to question Rachael without raising suspicion. Once Rachael assumed ‘Renard’ was there for sex, Eve couldn’t risk a reaction that would cause a rift between Rachael and Renard later causing them to question who/what was actually there that night.

Adalind had every right to do whatever was necessary to get her daughter back and Nick’s participation in kidnapping Diana is why he lost his Grimm. Eve was only after information, her method wasn’t that different than real-life undercover agents establishing ‘friendships’ as a way to get inside information. My only issue with Eve getting trapped in her own plan is that she was supposed to be an intuitively enhanced Hexenbiest. Eve is somehow able to know emphatically that Adalind is a Hexenbiest again despite not having spent even a minute with her. But although she has access to Juliette’s intimate knowledge of Renard while human and Hexenbiest, Eve doesn’t consider even the slightest possibility that Renard and Rachael work and play together.

I think G & K just wanted to have a good laugh with the Eve as Renard/Rachael scene and assumed viewers would too.
She slept with Rachel. Eve said so herself. We know that Rachel was unimpressed and totally dissatisfied by the sexual act performed by Eve. There was no way Eve would have replicated Renard's moves in bed anyway. It would always have been different. Rachel gave it the thumbs down. However, Eve and Rachel did enough for Eve to believe that she slept with Rachel. It probably happened afterwards when they gave it a go again. Eve, for some weird reason, felt the need to reveal that something happened between Rachel and her to Nick. Nick also had to tell the scoobies (because this is Grimm). When Hank throws it in JuliEve's face, her comeback to that was "I was Renard at the time!" Not "Simmer down big fellow, nothing really happened."
How could anyone and I mean anyone perform a sex act if they are incapable for whatever reason? Wow, you're reading soooo much into what is said in this series. I am beside myself with such amazing assumptions. I simply can't see anyone reasonably taking it that seriously. wow

(10-29-2017, 09:31 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]I didn’t see any indication that Eve/Rachael or Adalind/Nick was about sex. Neither woman was interested in having sex or spending quality time with their targets. Adalind didn’t want to go anywhere near the people who stole her baby. She agreed to take Nick’s Grimm in order to see her daughter, and sex was the only delivery method for the spell. Eve needed to create a scenario that allowed her to question Rachael without raising suspicion. Once Rachael assumed ‘Renard’ was there for sex, Eve couldn’t risk a reaction that would cause a rift between Rachael and Renard later causing them to question who/what was actually there that night.

Adalind had every right to do whatever was necessary to get her daughter back and Nick’s participation in kidnapping Diana is why he lost his Grimm. Eve was only after information, her method wasn’t that different than real-life undercover agents establishing ‘friendships’ as a way to get inside information. My only issue with Eve getting trapped in her own plan is that she was supposed to be an intuitively enhanced Hexenbiest. Eve is somehow able to know emphatically that Adalind is a Hexenbiest again despite not having spent even a minute with her. But although she has access to Juliette’s intimate knowledge of Renard while human and Hexenbiest, Eve doesn’t consider even the slightest possibility that Renard and Rachael work and play together.

I think G & K just wanted to have a good laugh with the Eve as Renard/Rachael scene and assumed viewers would too.

Most of what you say rings true to me.

(10-29-2017, 08:30 AM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if referring to sleeping as just laying in a bed naked, yes, they did. If referring to sex? No, Eve as Sean couldn’t get it up. So, yes to sleeping, no to sex.

Thanks for keeping it simple, D.
(10-29-2017, 09:52 AM)silver Wrote: [ -> ]How could anyone and I mean anyone perform a sex act if they are incapable for whatever reason? Wow, you're reading soooo much into what is said in this series. I am beside myself with such amazing assumptions. I simply can't see anyone reasonably taking it that seriously. wow

I'm actually keeping it simple by going with what was said in the show. She said she slept her. Then says "I was Renard at the time" when Hank throws it back at her. I didn't think too deep about it. Err... she said she did something and didn't deny it when it was referenced.
(10-29-2017, 09:57 AM)Devegs Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2017, 09:52 AM)silver Wrote: [ -> ]How could anyone and I mean anyone perform a sex act if they are incapable for whatever reason? Wow, you're reading soooo much into what is said in this series. I am beside myself with such amazing assumptions. I simply can't see anyone reasonably taking it that seriously. wow

I'm actually keeping it simple by going with what was said in the show. She said she slept her. Then says "I was Renard at the time" when Hank throws it back at her. I didn't think too deep about it. Err... she said she did something and didn't deny it when it was referenced.

I don't recall Hank 'throwing it back at her.' Don't remember the conversation. When people say oh I slept with so-and-so, there's nothing specific said, then nothing specific can be proven in a court of 'Devegs' law. It could be very intimate to barely intimate. Eve looked extremely uncomfortable throughout the ordeal - which we only saw them when they were lying there talking. It was clear from the exchange (Rachel and Eve) that NOTHING freaking happened because of Eve's extreme discomfort. I wish I knew what motivated you to make these kinds of judgment calls.
I think they slept together and if they did what she did with Rachel is no worse or better than what Adalind did with Nick they're both equally wrong.
(10-29-2017, 10:25 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]I think they slept together and if they did what she did with Rachel is no worse or better than what Adalind did with Nick their both equally wrong.

You never cease to amaze, Henry. Adalind had hex powers that she HAD TO KNOW very well may affect Nick and/or Juliette. Eve went in, with only the intent to get information - not separate Nick's Grimm power (THE key part of himself and his persona). Nothing Eve did caused anybody's death or immense changes to the persons involved, nor did she try to.
(10-29-2017, 10:25 AM)silver Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2017, 09:57 AM)Devegs Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't recall Hank 'throwing it back at her.' Don't remember the conversation. When people say oh I slept with so-and-so, there's nothing specific said, then nothing specific can be proven in a court of 'Devegs' law. It could be very intimate to barely intimate. Eve looked extremely uncomfortable throughout the ordeal - which we only saw them when they were lying there talking. It was clear from the exchange (Rachel and Eve) that NOTHING freaking happened because of Eve's extreme discomfort. I wish I knew what motivated you to make these kinds of judgment calls.

No judgement call there Silver. She said she slept with her. I didn't make up those words. It's in the script. Hank also mentioned it in S6 and her response was "I was Renard at the time". I wasn't there in the room with those fictional characters through the night to know what happened afterwards or during the 'action'. I'll take the character's word for it; that she did something to make her think that she slept with Rachel. In the 'court of Devegs' law, I still don't label her for those actions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8