Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(06-01-2017, 03:50 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2017, 03:42 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2017, 03:27 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Physical attraction is part of a love relationship. But there should be more to Adalind/Nick than Nick ogling at her bra and wondering what it'd be like to kiss her. From Adalind's side of things it should be more than just walking in front of Nick in nothing more than a towel, or telling him she loves him and then somehow feels she must prove her love to him by removing her shirt and letting him get to know what he only imagined.

I get why people question the reality of their relationship. There's no maturity revealed in either Adalind or Nick as far as relating to one another.

IMO what you are describing is the first half of season 5 and by season 6 they are starting to think in the long run but I would have liked to see more of that.

There was nothing in the last half of season five or most of season six that revealed a deep and abiding love between the two of them. In fact, it took Nick up to almost the end of the series to even admit he loved Adalind. And then he went back in time so that didn't even occur.

Yes, that's true and we should believe that they are still together in 20 years... how often did the writers already turn us around. And nothing like it has seemed - nice try. But this time it does not work.
(06-01-2017, 04:01 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2017, 03:27 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Physical attraction is part of a love relationship. But there should be more to Adalind/Nick than Nick ogling at her bra and wondering what it'd be like to kiss her. From Adalind's side of things it should be more than just walking in front of Nick in nothing more than a towel, or telling him she loves him and then somehow feels she must prove her love to him by removing her shirt and letting him get to know what he only imagined.

I get why people question the reality of their relationship. There's no maturity revealed in either Adalind or Nick as far as relating to one another.

IMO what you are describing is the first half of season 5 and by season 6 they are starting to think in the long run but I would have liked to see more of that.

There was nothing in the last half of season five or most of season six that revealed a deep and abiding love between the two of them. In fact, it took Nick up to almost the end of the series to even admit he loved Adalind. And then he went back in time so that didn't even occur.

Yes, that's true and we should believe that they are still together in 20 years... how often did the writers already turn us around. And nothing like it has seemed - nice try. But this time it does not work.

I get why people question it. Nothing from the series, including G&K's frequent "spoilers" points to a lasting relationship between Adalind and Nick. If anything, Nick's actions during the entire series seem to contradict that he would bond with, much less marry, any woman.
(06-01-2017, 04:06 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2017, 04:01 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]

I get why people question it. Nothing from the series, including G&K's frequent "spoilers" points to a lasting relationship between Adalind and Nick. If anything, Nick's actions during the entire series seem to contradict that he would bond with, much less marry, any woman.

This is my opinion too, irukandji. And is nothing to do with Nadalind itself. I for my prefer still Nickliette or Neve or how someone want to call them...But is has nothing to do with it. It has more to do with the thing of often did the writers really turn us around - and it seems differently as it actually was.
I think the easiest way to prove if Nick was jealous if there was another man in Juliette/Eve her life. It would be a good way to prove if Nick was really standing behind Adalind. But pity we don't have get the opportunity. :-D
(06-01-2017, 03:50 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]There was nothing in the last half of season five or most of season six that revealed a deep and abiding love between the two of them. In fact, it took Nick up to almost the end of the series to even admit he loved Adalind. And then he went back in time so that didn't even occur.

In season 6, IMO Nick makes it clear that he wanted Adalind to live with him and wanted a relationship with her and he is much more sensitive to her than in season 5. At the beginning of season 6, Eve tells Nick “You love Adalind.”. In 602, Adalind asked Nick about "Us" in front of grimm team. When Trubel asked Nick to leave Nick looked to Adalind before he answered Trubel. In 603, Nick told Sean he wanted Adalind and later Adalind asked Nick about their first kiss and Nick and Adalind hugged in front of grimm team too. Both in 604 and 607, Nick said sweet things to Adalind like a couple and one of them is overheard by Eve. Diana and Sean talk about how Adalind loves Nick. All through season 6, Nick makes a point of being friendly, including putting tebby on her bed, and relaxed with Diana unlike Monroe. In 601 and 611 Nick make a big point that Adalind should not take risks. In 610, Nick and Adalind kiss when he comes home from work and Adalind makes a point of him talking to Eve and at the beginning of 612, we find out that Adalind already knew about the stick too which shows that communication has improved between them. In 613, Nick remembers to take off the Adalind's ring, he mentions Adalind by name to his mother, he kisses Adalind first when came through the portal in front of Diana and everyone else at "The End" of the end and when after he hugged everyone else he kissed her again as the grimm team surrounds Adalind and Nick.

IMO Nick and Adalind seemed like they were in loving relationship starting in 604 to the end. IMO focus of Grimm was WOW not true love so I do not think G&K would added any more romance. IMO other than Nick asking Juliette to marry him we did not see that much romance between Nick and Juliette either.

(06-01-2017, 05:04 PM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]I think the easiest way to prove if Nick was jealous if there was another man in Juliette/Eve her life. It would be a good way to prove if Nick was really standing behind Adalind. But pity we don't have get the opportunity. :-D

I wish Eve had gotten a boyfriend in season 6. I would have loved her on date with Wu or Hank complaining about how annoying both Adalind and Nick were.
(06-01-2017, 05:17 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]At the beginning of season 6, Eve tells Nick “You love Adalind.”.

But here's the thing. Why would Eve have to be the one to tell Nick, "you love Adalind"?

This is what I mean when I say I believe it when people question the Nick/Adalind relationship evolving into love. Eve shouldn't have to tell Nick, or worse yet, convey it to the audience. Their love should be so apparent that it doesn't need to be relayed to the audience by a character in the series.

(06-01-2017, 04:22 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]This is my opinion too, irukandji. And is nothing to do with Nadalind itself. I for my prefer still Nickliette or Neve or how someone want to call them...But is has nothing to do with it. It has more to do with the thing of often did the writers really turn us around - and it seems differently as it actually was.

Exactly.
(06-01-2017, 05:53 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2017, 05:17 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]At the beginning of season 6, Eve tells Nick “You love Adalind.”.

But here's the thing. Why would Eve have to be the one to tell Nick, "you love Adalind"?

This is what I mean when I say I believe it when people question the Nick/Adalind relationship evolving into love. Eve shouldn't have to tell Nick, or worse yet, convey it to the audience. Their love should be so apparent that it doesn't need to be relayed to the audience by a character in the series.

Especially if it is the one who tell Nick "You love Adalind" said - purely coincidental his ex girlfriend. It's something strange.
(06-01-2017, 06:02 PM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Especially if it is the one who tell Nick "You love Adalind" said - purely coincidental his ex girlfriend. It's something strange.

Eve is very aware person in general and more so with Nick so why is that surprising?

(06-01-2017, 05:53 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]But here's the thing. Why would Eve have to be the one to tell Nick, "you love Adalind"?

This is what I mean when I say I believe it when people question the Nick/Adalind relationship evolving into love. Eve shouldn't have to tell Nick, or worse yet, convey it to the audience.

The point was that Eve could see it and she was not trying to go after Nick instead she was ok with it.
That's the same question I have asking myself too. Why of all people of the group do it need to be Juliette/Eve to say to Nick "You love Adalind" special the one who doesn't have any interest in a relationship, that's makes no sense. Then why should she say it without reason?!?
(05-30-2017, 06:35 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. They live together nearly a year before Adalind left and came back in season 5...

Another thread gone the way of many others.

Things haven't changed. Lol.

It seems every thing has to be reduced to 'trying to prove' that Nick still loves Juliette even though the show ended completely differently. Grimm, a fantasy show hinged on an unreal premise as well as unbelievable/unreal plots, is now all about the romance and who should have ended up with who. Just disregard the last couple of seasons and how the characters in the story ended. It's probably easier disregard all the entire unbelievable show actually. Really, there are no grimms, no wesen, no grimmiverse. Idea

(05-30-2017, 06:35 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/...73491.html

When an even split of 2,000 adult men and women who have been in relationships for at least a year were asked how quickly they fell in love with a new partner, most men said three months, while women replied five months.

Asked how soon they admitted to their partner that they were in love, women would declare their feelings at the six month mark – a month after most women said they had noticed they were in love. Meanwhile, the study suggests men are more cautious – expressing their true emotions after nine months.

Interesting study, by the way. Thanks for posting MLG. Aside from this study, do you know if there are others with similar results?
Though generally speaking, anecdotally, it seems that men wait longer than women to say I love you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33