Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
It's not like Adalind not as a single character but I can't stand her as girlfriend for Nick. It's as simple as that. The writer should have never come up with that Idea to bring Nick and Adalind together. Adalind is just something similar to an adulteress.
(06-03-2017, 07:40 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Heroic is not Eve the soldier. There was no empathy with the character at all. She was told to kill. She killed. Furthermore, when she was Juliette, she never voiced any type of inclination to join the armed forces. So turning her into a solder was merely the vehicle to get Adalind into Nick's house and eventually his pants.

When Nick turn into Grimm, Sean was right there to use it even when Nick did not know that Sean was a wesen. Nick never wanted a role outside of work like being a grimm and he told that to Monroe in the pilot yet he killed 54 people in the show. Was that only a vehicle to get Juliette to leave him?

(06-03-2017, 10:56 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind is just something similar to an adulteress.

Nick was not even engaged to Juliette.

a·dul·ter·y
noun
voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse."she was committing adultery with a much younger man"
Hello Forum,
I am not an expert in martial arts. Perhaps Izzy will see this post and comment.
There is discussion about the skill and effectiveness of FrankenEve versus Adalind as "soldiers."
They both had fantasy fighting skills. I doubt the outcomes would have been the same in a real fight. I present these articles:

1. Women and Hand-to-Hand Combat: Thoughts From a Female Black Belt Marine Iraq Veteran:
https://politicalanimalblog.com/2015/08/...nd-combat/
She says:
Quote:I’ve fought many men over the years as I trained to earn a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and dabbled in Kapoeira and Krav Maga before the Marines, and achieved three of the five levels of the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program which incorporates the best of all forms for hand-to-hand combat. This isn’t a lot in terms of learning to fight for your life. Training by fighting men before the Marines helped me to be a better fighter against women of my own weight and rank. But women are at a disadvantage fighting men, especially those that actually want to capture or kill them.
2. Someone mentioned Bitsie was injured while training. That is not unusual:
Army stats show that women are injured twice as often as men in combat training
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015...ice-as-of/
Quote:The startling statistics come from Army studies obtained by the Center for Military Readiness (CMR), a research group that opposes what the Obama administration is expected to do by year’s end: put women in the direct land combat in infantry, armor, artillery and special operations units.
3. The Marines also have similar statistics:
http://www.npr.org/2015/09/10/439246978/...mbat-units
Quote:The Marine Corps released the results of its year-long study of women in combat units Thursday. The study found all-male units outperformed mixed gender units across the board.
Grimm was a fantasy and chose to have females often dominate in fights. I am a fan of winners and Kelly Burkhardt remains my favorite character. However IMO she would not have prevailed in real world combat with all her adversaries. I still hate it that she didn't do the Grimm Dēcapitāre on both Kenneth and Hexenette.
Regarding Adalind and FrankenEve, IMO they would both wash out in real basic training.
Keep calm and carry on,
N G
(06-03-2017, 11:01 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2017, 07:40 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Heroic is not Eve the soldier. There was no empathy with the character at all. She was told to kill. She killed. Furthermore, when she was Juliette, she never voiced any type of inclination to join the armed forces. So turning her into a solder was merely the vehicle to get Adalind into Nick's house and eventually his pants.

When Nick turn into Grimm, Sean was right there to use it even when Nick did not know that Sean was a wesen. Nick never wanted a role outside of work like being a grimm and he told that to Monroe in the pilot yet he killed 54 people in the show. Was that only a vehicle to get Juliette to leave him?

(06-03-2017, 10:56 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind is just something similar to an adulteress.

a·dul·ter·y
noun
voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse."she was committing adultery with a much younger man"

But it does not change anything at the fact, that she had her finger into their break up. No matter what, if relationship, engaged or married.
(06-03-2017, 11:15 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Grimm was a fantasy and chose to have females often dominate in fights. I am a fan of winners and Kelly Burkhardt remains my favorite character. However IMO she would not have prevailed in real world combat with all her adversaries. I still hate it that she didn't do the Grimm Dēcapitāre on both Kenneth and Hexenette.
Regarding Adalind and FrankenEve, IMO they would both wash out in real basic training.
Keep calm and carry on,
N G

The military has many roles and one role is what to do with women and children while you are invading a village or just searching a women and that is why military police for example can be a role for women for a while. Military actually does want women in some combat situations in the first place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_P...lice_Corps
wiki: Women in the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps were assigned Military Police duties as early as 1941. Women now make up 25% of the MP Corps.[18] The mixed-gender MP Corps is valued in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, where cultural taboos may prevent male soldiers from interacting with women.[1

(06-03-2017, 11:24 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2017, 11:01 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]

a·dul·ter·y
noun

But it does not change anything at the fact, that she had her finger into their break up. No matter what, if relationship, engaged or married.

I was wondering, do you know what voluntary sexual intercourse is? It sounds like you are suggesting that Nick wanted to sleep with Adalind the first time.
My native language isn't english, if you mean that. I speaking german. But I don't mean Nick.
It is hoax.
I do not know if it can be said that Juliette was a strong woman, she decided on revenge.
(06-03-2017, 11:53 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]It is hoax.
I do not know if it can be said that Juliette was a strong woman, she decided on revenge.
What is a hoax?

hoax - a humorous or malicious deception.

Both Juliette and Adalind went on revenge trips. Adalind was show 122 to season 2 while Juliette was show 419 to show 422. Adalind ended up getting her own mother killed and Juliette, Nick and Sean to hate her. Juliette ended up getting Nick's mother killed and the neighbors too and Adalind, Nick and Trubel to hate her. I agree that Adalind and Juliette were at their lowest points when they were after revenge.
It Is pawn.
(06-03-2017, 11:32 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2017, 11:15 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Grimm was a fantasy and chose to have females often dominate in fights. I am a fan of winners and Kelly Burkhardt remains my favorite character. However IMO she would not have prevailed in real world combat with all her adversaries. I still hate it that she didn't do the Grimm Dēcapitāre on both Kenneth and Hexenette.
Keep calm and carry on,
N G

The military has many roles and one role is what to do with women and children while you are invading a village or just searching a women and that is why military police for example can be a role for women for a while. Military actually does want women in some combat situations in the first place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_P...lice_Corps
wiki: Women in the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps were assigned Military Police duties as early as 1941. Women now make up 25% of the MP Corps.[18] The mixed-gender MP Corps is valued in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, where cultural taboos may prevent male soldiers from interacting with women.[1

Hi Mary,
Thanks for your reply. I have worked with women veterans. One used to joke how she was "trained to kill."
The physical differences between men and women are well documented. Men are stronger:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8477683
That is likely a significant reason that the Marine study showed "all-male units outperformed mixed gender units across the board."
Women participate in many sports, however few if any can compete in the NFL, NBA, MLB or NHL.
http://www.livescience.com/52998-women-c...ences.html
Quote:The fastest woman in the world, Florence Griffith Joyner, ran the 100-meter dash in just 10.49 seconds in 1988, and that record remains unbroken. Yet her fastest time wouldn't have even qualified her for the men's 2016 Olympic competition, which requires competitors to finish the 100-meter sprint in 10.16 seconds or less.
She would leave most men eating her dust, however "her fastest time wouldn't have even qualified her for the men's 2016 Olympic competition."
IMO, the fighting prowess of the female characters on Grimm and many other TV series is fantasy. They are entertaining, but mostly fantasy.
Peace,
N G
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33