Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(06-05-2017, 04:30 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2017, 06:32 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2017, 04:42 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Except he didn't hide all of that grimm stuff from her for very long and they were back to being in love with one another. So, yes, they would have gotten married and had children.

Juliette did not learn about the grimm stuff for 2 seasons. During that time, Nick was in love with Juliette the whole time and Juliette when she remember Nick was in love with him the whole time.

If you want to create AU were being a grimm was safe that is fine.

Assumption: I believe that Juliette parents are likely to be alive and well and many of her friends are still alive. Juliette talks about her dad and maternal grandmother on the show and she had her parents phone numbers and pictures on her he cell. She has meet with many female friends both human and wesen on the show. IMO we have not seen her family because Juliette/Eve has gone to great lengths to protect them from the grimm team. In season 4, Juliette hide from the grimm team for 6 months. In season 6, Eve would not stay with any of her family or friends when she was working closely with the grimm team IMO to protect them. In 607, it looked to me like Eve paid for her own room.

If being a grimm was still dangerous and Nick was one and Juliette was human I can only 4 of think possibilities:

1) Juliette the human would likely died since Nick the grimm was terrible at protecting her.

2) Nick dies as a grimm and Juliette moves away to start a non-wesen life but with her family and friends still in it. If by accident they had children Juliette would have taken them out of the wesen world too and only contact someone like Trubel if one became a grimm.

3) No, I do not believe that Juliette and Nick would have ever married or had children voluntarily if Nick stay a grimm they would have just lived together. Juliette only wanted herself to be at risk because he was grimm. IMO there are too many clues to support they both were against having kids when Nick was a grimm and they were a couple.

4) Nick and Juliette had child/children accidently Juliette would have less likely to marry Nick while her parents were alive to try to keep them safe. IMO Nick still would have wanted to move to the loft or/and away from Portland but Juliette would have pushed against it until she had no choice. Unlike Adalind with no relatives or friends, Juliette would lost people by living in the loft or moving away from her family. IMO if she felt her children were too much danger she would left to be with her family and never came back to Nick because as a parent your children would come first. Otherwise Juliette raising children would have been more in hiding than Adalind which would have been very hard on her since she is an extrovert.

Thanks for your assumptions, but this still doesn't change my opinion that Nick and Juliette moved in together because marriage and children were in their plans. Being a grimm certainly would make some waves in their lives, but I don't for one minute believe it would prevent them from marrying and having children because that didn't happen. When it did happen it was due to one thing and one thing only: the writers wanted Juliette out and Adalind in. Consider all of the things they had to do in order to accomplish that. I agree with Robyn that all stories are contrived but this one about tops my list of the most contrived and unrealistic characterizations to get to the desired result.

Even Adalind is made to look foolish chasing after Nick, which is another contrived element.

When did you change your mind about Nick? A few months ago who wanted him with neither women? Nick's father was killed because his mother was grimm and Aunt Marie left her boyfriend to take care of Nick. Trubel lived on the run for years as grimm. Josh's father was in danger. The family tree that I looked had grimm die sea and the like.

Buffy has 14 boyfriends in her show. Nick is very usually for this kind of show to have dated so few women. G&K had Nick with fewer women than many men in IRL.

In my family half of the women decide that their life had a greater purpose and these women never marry or marry late and had no children. Juliette and Nick never marrying or having children IMO would not be surprising at all. Women in Stem fields, like in my family, often go the peace corp and marry when they are to old to have children.
(06-05-2017, 05:01 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]When did you change your mind about Nick? A few months ago who wanted him with neither women? Nick's father was killed because his mother was grimm and Aunt Marie left her boyfriend to take care of Nick. Trubel lived on the run for years as grimm. Josh's father was in danger. The family tree that I looked had grimm die sea and the like.

I haven't changed my opinion about Nick at all.
Mary you're not correct. I think we have watch the differently series. Buffy had NEVER 14 Boyfriends. Pike (Movie) and in the series itself Angel, Riley, Spike and if you want to count her one night with Parker than 5.
(06-05-2017, 06:41 PM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Mary you're not correct. I think we have watch the differently series. Buffy had NEVER 14 Boyfriends. Pike (Movie) and in the series itself Angel, Riley, Spike and if you want to count her one night with Parker than 5.

Sorry, Love interests.

http://www.nerve.com/entertainment/ranke...ire-slayer

1. SPIKE (JAMES MARSTERS)
2. XANDER HARRIS (NICHOLAS BRENDON)
3. PRINCIPAL ROBIN WOOD (D.B. WOODSIDE)
4. ANGEL (DAVID BOREANAZ)
5. OWEN THURMAN (CHRISTOPHER WIEHL)
6. SCOTT HOPE (FAB FILIPPO)
7. EDDIE (PEDRO BALMACEDA)
8. BEN WILKINSON (CHARLIE WEBER)
9. CAMERON WALKER (JEREMY GARRETT)
10. R.J. BROOKS (THAD LUCKINBILL)
11. RILEY FINN (MARC BLUCAS)
12. BILLY FORDHAM (JASON BEHR)
13. TOM WARNER (TODD BABCOCK)
14. PARKER ABRAMS (ADAM KAUFMAN)
(06-05-2017, 04:24 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Sean told her that Meisner took her from the royals and gave her to the resistance. She then asked Nick to look for Diana since Adalind told him she did not go to Europe. Neither Adalind or Nick asked for help from Meisner.
Adalind learned Meisner was in Portland in episode 4. She didn’t meet with Renard until several episodes later. While Nick not making an effort, such as asking Meisner/HW/the Resistance, strongly indicates a lack of integrity, Diana is not his child. Meisner and Sebastien were the only people who put their lives on the line to keep Adalind and the baby safe. Why would Adalind not jump at the opportunity to reach out to Meisner to hopefully get help from the Resistance?

Adalind was alone with Meisner in the loft. Why would she not have wanted him to know what happened after she and Diana left with the woman at the airstrip? Why wouldn’t she want him to know the Royals now had Diana. For that matter, wouldn’t Adalind think it strange that Meisner didn’t even ask about her baby, ask why she and the baby weren’t in hiding?
She didn't know Meisner was there the night the Royals came for Diana. The last she heard f Diana was that she got into a helicopter with Frederick. Meisner told Sean about Frederick's death in the episode he returned, he also told Sean the resistance had Diana but he didn't know where they had taken. It's much later that Sean tells Adalind about Diana. Meisner may have initially helped her getting out of Austria but she didn't know he was involved with Diana's disappearance from Portland.
But that’s my point. When Meisner showed up looking for Trubel, Adalind didn’t know anything other than he was in Portland and somehow connected to Trubel. So as far as she was concerned at that point, Meisner was the guy who had risked his life to keep her and Diana safe. So why didn’t she tell him what happened to her and Diana since she’d last seen him?

I get that the story required Diana to remain somewhere off screen and Adalind remain in the loft with Nick & Kelly, but the writers having Adalind ignore any opportunity of help finding Diana completely contradicted her tenacity in S3 & S4. She faced possible death when returning to the Royals to be with Diana and risked Nick and the others taking her second child to keep him safe from Juliette & Kenneth. But in S5 she doesn't even try to get Meisner's help. Meisner believed the woman at the airstrip was helping to get Adalind and the baby underground, so wouldn't Adalind think it strange that he didn't ask about her baby or why she and the baby weren't in hiding?
She only knew him as a mercenary, he never stayed in contact with her so why would he keep tabs with Diana's situation beyond the help he gave her when escaping Austria? As far as everyone believed, except Sean because he was told explicitly, Diana was in Vienna with the Royals. She had no reason to believe otherwise.

As far as I'm concerned Meisner also lied to Sean about not knowing where the resistance took Diana. He knew but they cared more about having possession of her than giving her back to either of her parents. Meisner's still driven by a sense of the mission takes president over everything and he didn't even have the decency to tell Adalind her daughter was safe and away from the Royals.

Notice how after BC took Diana, Meisner and HW cared more about finding Diana so BC wouldn't use her to get to Adalind to further their world domination plot? Not once was it about finding Diana so she could be reunited with her mother. That was never the mission and no amount of sentiment on Meisner's part would let him do the right thing for the sake of both mother and daughter.
Sean is not acting well either. He never told her about where Diana would be.
Even if she had Kelly do not believe that she would also care about her other daughter?
Quote:Notice how after BC took Diana, Meisner and HW cared more about finding Diana so BC wouldn't use her to get to Adalind to further their world domination plot? Not once was it about finding Diana so she could be reunited with her mother. That was never the mission and no amount of sentiment on Meisner's part would let him do the right thing for the sake of both mother and daughter.
I wasn’t looking at Meisner’s true objectives or his moral compass because Adalind wasn’t aware of either. Only that her brief interaction with Meisner should have compelled her to grab any opportunity, no matter how small, that was available to her. The encrypted phone that gave Nick direct access to Meisner was in the loft with her while Nick was at work or out Grimming. Adalind went to a hated enemy who kidnapped her first child to keep her second child safe, but won’t even ask a man who helped her before to help her again?

To me it's a major plot hole the writers ignored because they didn’t want realistic and expected reactions and behavior to interrupt the easy flow of their story. Until time for Diana to be in the story, Adalind wasn’t focused on finding her daughter, she was focused on having a relationship with Nick.

Based on how S5 played out, had BC not brought Diana to Portland there’s no reason to believe Adalind would have ever gotten her back or that she would have even tried.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33