Grimm Forum

Full Version: Song of the Moment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Queen!! love this song can't wait for her new album 25.
On iZombie, last night, Ravi and Blaine are fighting over "The Cure". While they are fighting this song is playing. For a few minutes I didn't get the connection but then the lightbulb went off.

So, i always assumed that The Trans Siberian Orchestra was an orchestra from Siberia. I just found out that its an American Rock Band. For better or worse it is permanently burned into my mind as "background music to awesome Christmas lights house".

Anyway, i had to do some digging - but here they are!

<3 <3 this
Good song. And for those of us in the USA

Frank Sinatra - The Girl From Ipanema

For those curious that wants to hear the original version:

Tom Jobim - Garota de Ipanema
One of the best songs.
I believe this is the version that made it famous in the US.

This song has an interesting history. you can read something about it here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_from_Ipanema
(12-23-2015, 05:29 PM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]One of the best songs.
I believe this is the version that made it famous in the US.

This song has an interesting history. you can read something about it here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_from_Ipanema

I didn't know this version. Thank you.
Hi Adriano and Lou,
Thanks for posting up The Girl from Ipanema. I enjoyed all three versions. The Wiki link was also fun. The list of Grammy Records of the Year brought back memories of sock hops in the Jr. High gym.
New Guy
So I thought some Christmas music is more than appropriate here at this time of the year.
I am not a big fan of Christmas music, but I did some research and Silent Night is the most popular Christmas song. Time magazine even did some number crunching. Silent night , with 733 copyrighted renditions is twice as popular as Joy To the World with only 391.

However, i couldn't find a version of Silent Night that really did it for me. Well there was that one done by a variety of Adult Entertainment Actresses, but felt its humor wouldn't be appreciated by most people - especially at this time of year. Silent night by Dinah Washington is one of my favorites. Elvis Presley's version is eclipsed by most of his other landmark Christmas songs. the Temptations also have a great version. But I couldn't find a music video of any of those.

As far as music videos, I don't have any statistical evidence, but I think Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You", is gotta be close to the top of the Christmas Music Video category.

Anyway, my personal favorite Christmas -time song is "Baby, its cold outside." While trying to find my favorite version on YouTube, I stumbled onto this one.

This is the original from Neptune's Daughter.
"Neptune's Daughter is a 1949 musical romantic comedy film released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer starring Esther Williams, Red Skelton, Ricardo Montalbán, Betty Garrett, Keenan Wynn, Xavier Cugat and Mel Blanc. It was directed by Edward Buzzell, and features the Academy Award winning song Baby, It's Cold Outside by Frank Loesser."

Please feel free to find and post YOUR favorite Christmas song.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12