Grimm Forum

Full Version: Juliette and her Men
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I was making an update to the thread and accidentally deleted it. I am sorry about that.

I was watching the first episode of Grimm and noticed something. In this episode, Nick was going to propose to Juliette. He got sidetracked by Marie and ended up encountering wesen for the first time.

Later in the evening, after Nick has a nightmare, he goes to the trailer and starts researching wesen. Juliette startles him and asks him questions. Nick dismisses her and ushers her out the door without any explanation.

I see this as a lack of trust on Nick's part. It's interesting to me that he actually took the first step in harming their relationship with his lack of trust in Juliette. I don't think Juliette was clueless here. She knew something was going on and she wasn't being let in on it.

By the way, if anyone wants to discuss something here and feels they're going off topic, I have no problem with that. It's easy enough to bring the thread back to topic.
I came across something interesting in the Grimm recaps the other day regarding Juliette, Renard, and Monroe. According to the recaps, Renard goes to the spice shop to look for a cure for the pure of heart spell. Monroe does not recognize Renard. He cannot find a cure without Juliette being there, so Renard leaves. Later, Monroe walks in on Renard and Juliette kissing. Monroe feels its his obligation to tell Nick what he saw and so he does. Later, Juliette confesses that she has feelings for another man.

At first Nick takes the point of view that it's none of his business. But then Monroe recognizes Renard as Nick's boss and tells Nick. Nick then goes to handle the situation, against Monroe's will. Later, Rosalee calls Monroe. She has figured out the situation with Juliette and Renard. Monroe immediately calls Nick and sets him straight on the situation.

I didn't really care for Monroe in these episodes. He's supposed to be this good guy, yet he feels he has an obligation to Nick? Wouldn't the better solution have been to go to Juliette and let her tell Nick?
(08-22-2015, 09:51 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I was making an update to the thread and accidentally deleted it. I am sorry about that.

I was watching the first episode of Grimm and noticed something. In this episode, Nick was going to propose to Juliette. He got sidetracked by Marie and ended up encountering wesen for the first time.

Later in the evening, after Nick has a nightmare, he goes to the trailer and starts researching wesen. Juliette startles him and asks him questions. Nick dismisses her and ushers her out the door without any explanation.

I see this as a lack of trust on Nick's part. It's interesting to me that he actually took the first step in harming their relationship with his lack of trust in Juliette. I don't think Juliette was clueless here. She knew something was going on and she wasn't being let in on it.

By the way, if anyone wants to discuss something here and feels they're going off topic, I have no problem with that. It's easy enough to bring the thread back to topic.
I don't think it was not trusting Juliette, it seemed to me that he had no idea what was going on. In less than 12 hours he saw the good looking woman who turned into a corpse, the prep who looked like a reptile of some sort, the person who raised him telling him to break up with the woman he had just bought an engagement ring for, being attacked by a who knows what that almost killed him and his aunt, looking through all those crazy books about monsters. How would you explain something you don't understand yourself? I do agree that their relationship began to go south at that point.
(08-24-2015, 07:31 PM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it was not trusting Juliette, it seemed to me that he had no idea what was going on. In less than 12 hours he saw the good looking woman who turned into a corpse, the prep who looked like a reptile of some sort, the person who raised him telling him to break up with the woman he had just bought an engagement ring for, being attacked by a who knows what that almost killed him and his aunt, looking through all those crazy books about monsters. How would you explain something you don't understand yourself? I do agree that their relationship began to go south at that point.

We all go through things we don't understand. I'm wondering why he simply didn't just tell Juliette, show her the trailer, ask for her thoughts and throw caution to the wind. Does he look at Juliette as someone who is incapable of understanding? I think in some ways, Nick is more fortunate than some Grimms. He has a trailer full of resources to back him up and a woman who loves him. By not telling her, he gives the impression she's not an important enough person in his life to know as well as giving the impression he's hiding something.
Sorry for the double post but I wanted to ask a question I've been thinking about.

There's been a lot of discussion about the penance Juliette would have to do in order to redeem herself to Nick, if she came back to life. But if Juliette came back to life, why would she even want to go back to Nick? I would think a more reasonable reaction would be to despise him.
(08-27-2015, 09:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the double post but I wanted to ask a question I've been thinking about.

There's been a lot of discussion about the penance Juliette would have to do in order to redeem herself to Nick, if she came back to life. But if Juliette came back to life, why would she even want to go back to Nick? I would think a more reasonable reaction would be to despise him.
Guess it would depend on which Juliette the writers brought back? Juliette hexen than she would despise Nick normal Juliette I see despising herself for her actions.

As for penance a good question as I see no way for any amount of penance to clear the slate. Burning the trailer ok can work that out but getting his mother killed and LBB into what she would think is the hands of the royals after she agree the royals nor the resistance could have Diana. Again would depend which Juliette hexen wouldn't care and old wouldn't forgive herself. Just my opinion.
(09-02-2015, 02:46 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2015, 09:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the double post but I wanted to ask a question I've been thinking about.

Guess it would depend on which Juliette the writers brought back? Juliette hexen than she would despise Nick normal Juliette I see despising herself for her actions.

As for penance a good question as I see no way for any amount of penance to clear the slate. Burning the trailer ok can work that out but getting his mother killed and LBB into what she would think is the hands of the royals after she agree the royals nor the resistance could have Diana. Again would depend which Juliette hexen wouldn't care and old wouldn't forgive herself. Just my opinion.

Yes I agree with you if she came back as a hexen she would just carry on despising Nick, and normal Juliette hating herself for her actions, and regretting them.

I can't see any penance either after she got Nick's mother killed what she did was completely unforgivable. I can't see them ever reconciling or been together again after that no matter how guilty she felt. If she came back as a hexen I can see her going after Trubel for sure as well as Nick.
@irukundji and coffegirl. What Juliette did except killing Kelly could be forgiven. Some guys could even shrug off her cheating on them. Some people here on the Forum seem to think she can come back and be reconciled with Nick. But killing his Mom! That is not going to be forgiven!Huh
(09-03-2015, 10:40 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]@irukundji and coffegirl. What Juliette did except killing Kelly could be forgiven. Some guys could even shrug off her cheating on them. Some people here on the Forum seem to think she can come back and be reconciled with Nick. But killing his Mom! That is not going to be forgiven!Huh

What Nick did to Juliette can't be forgiven....whether she's a hexenbiest or returned to her former self. How do you forgive a man who demands your life? It can't be done.
(09-03-2015, 03:15 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2015, 10:40 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]@irukundji and coffegirl. What Juliette did except killing Kelly could be forgiven. Some guys could even shrug off her cheating on them. Some people here on the Forum seem to think she can come back and be reconciled with Nick. But killing his Mom! That is not going to be forgiven!Huh

What Nick did to Juliette can't be forgiven....whether she's a hexenbiest or returned to her former self. How do you forgive a man who demands your life? It can't be done.

That is exactly why I think they can't bring Juliette back to live. Nick can't forgive Juliette. Juliette can't forgive Nick. Old Juliette can't live with herself after everything she had done.

So, the only option would be the writers bring new hexan Juliette back to live. But in this case season five would be simple repetitive with the end of season four.

The writers burned all bridges, they went far far away with Juliette hexan plot that, at least in my opinion, there isn't a reasonably way back, or plausible explanation or even a new place for Juliette.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14