Grimm Forum

Full Version: Juliette and her Men
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(09-12-2015, 11:21 AM)Ryriena Wrote: [ -> ]That was a instresting forthough, but I do know some cops who are very educated like my father for example who is a chemical expert and fire marshal. He had to get a chemical engineering degree to become a chemical expert. However, I do think Juillet never truly loved Nick for who he is as a person. Becuase she wouldn't be such a bitch about him being a Grimm, if she truly cared about him as a person.

This raises a question in my mind. You say if Juliette loved Nick she wouldn't be such a bitch about him being a Grimm. If this is true *and* if Nick loved Juliette, wouldn't he talk to her about whether or not to be a Grimm?

Just for consideration, here are some things to look at.

Nick took on being a Grimm based on two things: Being able to see wesen and Aunt Marie's statements. Is that really a good foundation, becoming a wesen killer based on your dying aunt's recommendations?
If Juliette was his one true love, shouldn't her opinion count?

There's no evidence that Nick is actually reducing wesen crime. I've brought up the argument that Nick isn't the only one fighting wesen. If there are so many wesen in Portland, the other detectives are fighting them as well.

Nick's presence actually seems to provoke wesen. They all pretty much react the same way....

"Agh! You're a Grimm!" Then they run away or attack him. Either way they usually end up dead. So what's he solving?

Then there are the wesen who attack Nick and Juliette at Juliette's house. Not to mention the damage and insurance claims here, but what about their safety?

Also, Juliette was not immediately made aware of Nick being a Grimm. He was already established by the time she was told about it.

These factors would have been considered by Juliette. She's an intelligent woman, established in her own practice. Nick's profession as a Grimm is threatening more than just their relationship.

Is she really being a bitch or is she looking at the situation logically?
(09-12-2015, 12:02 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2015, 11:21 AM)Ryriena Wrote: [ -> ]That was a instresting forthough, but I do know some cops who are very educated like my father for example who is a chemical expert and fire marshal. He had to get a chemical engineering degree to become a chemical expert. However, I do think Juillet never truly loved Nick for who he is as a person. Becuase she wouldn't be such a bitch about him being a Grimm, if she truly cared about him as a person.

This raises a question in my mind. You say if Juliette loved Nick she wouldn't be such a bitch about him being a Grimm. If this is true *and* if Nick loved Juliette, wouldn't he talk to her about whether or not to be a Grimm?

Just for consideration, here are some things to look at.

Nick took on being a Grimm based on two things: Being able to see wesen and Aunt Marie's statements. Is that really a good foundation, becoming a wesen killer based on your dying aunt's recommendations?
If Juliette was his one true love, shouldn't her opinion count?

There's no evidence that Nick is actually reducing wesen crime. I've brought up the argument that Nick isn't the only one fighting wesen. If there are so many wesen in Portland, the other detectives are fighting them as well.

Nick's presence actually seems to provoke wesen. They all pretty much react the same way....

"Agh! You're a Grimm!" Then they run away or attack him. Either way they usually end up dead. So what's he solving?

Then there are the wesen who attack Nick and Juliette at Juliette's house. Not to mention the damage and insurance claims here, but what about their safety?

Also, Juliette was not immediately made aware of Nick being a Grimm. He was already established by the time she was told about it.

These factors would have been considered by Juliette. She's an intelligent woman, established in her own practice. Nick's profession as a Grimm is threatening more than just their relationship.

Is she really being a bitch or is she looking at the situation logically?
I agree that the show doesn't give forthough in to the reducing Wesen crime, however, she really doesn't know how to view things from that perspective. That's why her's and Nick's relationship was doomed to fail she doesn't trust him nor loved him as a person.
(09-12-2015, 12:25 PM)Ryriena Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that the show doesn't give forthough in to the reducing Wesen crime, however, she really doesn't know how to view things from that perspective. That's why her's and Nick's relationship was doomed to fail she doesn't trust him nor loved him as a person.

So my question is this. Why didn't Nick help her to view things from his perspective? Wouldn't he be just as guilty of dooming their love affair because he didn't do his part?
(09-12-2015, 12:35 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2015, 12:25 PM)Ryriena Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that the show doesn't give forthough in to the reducing Wesen crime, however, she really doesn't know how to view things from that perspective. That's why her's and Nick's relationship was doomed to fail she doesn't trust him nor loved him as a person.

So my question is this. Why didn't Nick help her to view things from his perspective? Wouldn't he be just as guilty of dooming their love affair because he didn't do his part?

It's not really up to Nick to do everything for her she needs to learn things herself and learn to deal with things herself as Nick can not do that for her. In realationships it takes more than the other side trying to tell them about the others perspective for a problem to work itself out.... Dodgy It takes both people to talk and learn to do new things.
(09-12-2015, 05:54 PM)Ryriena Wrote: [ -> ]

It's not really up to Nick to do everything for her she needs to learn things herself and learn to deal with things herself as Nick can not do that for her. In realationships it takes more than the other side trying to tell them about the others perspective for a problem to work itself out.... Dodgy It takes both people to talk and learn to do new things.
I always thought Juliette knew wesen and knew Grimm but didn't understand either to the depth need to live in that world. Just 2 cents.
(09-12-2015, 06:03 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2015, 05:54 PM)Ryriena Wrote: [ -> ]

I always thought Juliette knew wesen and knew Grimm but didn't understand either to the depth need to live in that world. Just 2 cents.

I tend to agree it she needed to understand why they need Grimms and learn to live with who Nick was as a person but she didn't understand enough or didn't want too understand.
(09-12-2015, 06:14 PM)Ryriena Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to agree it she needed to understand why they need Grimms and learn to live with who Nick was as a person but she didn't understand enough or didn't want too understand.

Juliette had it all going for her. She was educated, beautiful, well off enough to afford her own house, had her own profession, and she was the one who invited Nick to move in with her. Nick probably was intimidated by such a woman, one who seemed interested in him even though she was way out of his league. After all, he had nothing to offer her. Maybe he deliberately kept his Grimmness from her until he was proficient, in an attempt to attain at least a little status with her.
(09-12-2015, 07:32 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2015, 06:14 PM)Ryriena Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to agree it she needed to understand why they need Grimms and learn to live with who Nick was as a person but she didn't understand enough or didn't want too understand.

Juliette had it all going for her. She was educated, beautiful, well off enough to afford her own house, had her own profession, and she was the one who invited Nick to move in with her. Nick probably was intimidated by such a woman, one who seemed interested in him even though she was way out of his league. After all, he had nothing to offer her. Maybe he deliberately kept his Grimmness from her until he was proficient, in an attempt to attain at least a little status with her.

"slumming", "higher caste", "out of his league"? Where are you from so I know never to go there?!Sad By the way, in the show it clearly states that they moved in Together!Big Grin
(09-13-2015, 10:27 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]

"slumming", "higher caste", "out of his league"? Where are you from so I know never to go there?!Sad By the way, in the show it clearly states that they moved in Together!Big Grin

Now, now, wfmyers, no need for insults. Let's keep the thread on track. If you don't understand what I'm saying, you can always ignore the discussion.
BTW, in the show, Nick left the house and moved in with Monroe. He would have never done that if it was his house.
(09-13-2015, 10:37 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2015, 10:27 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]

Now, now, wfmyers, no need for insults. Let's keep the thread on track. If you don't understand what I'm saying, you can always ignore the discussion.
BTW, in the show, Nick left the house and moved in with Monroe. He would have never done that if it was his house.
Hi Y'all,
There has been prior discussion about the house. Maybe the writers can explain the living arrangement/agreement/ownership. Was it a purchase with joint tenancy? Was it a rental with joint lessees? Yes, Nick left the house and moved in with Monroe. Then Juliette left the house and moved in with Renard. Should we assume the house was someone else's property? If Nick moves out who is left holding the bag (mortgage or lease)?
By the way I checked into PPD pay amounts. Per the PPD web page, detectives with 4+years earn $92,955 (http://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/article/454707). Also, a pay chart presented to the City Council showed a retiring detective division commander, Ed Brumfield, took home the highest pay in the fiscal year that ran from July 2011 to June 30, 2012 at $215,166, making more than the chief or his assistant chiefs.
The average pay for a DVM in Portland is $105,000 per Indeed. The top 10% of Portland veterinarians earn an average of $133,530 per Sokanu.
The writers have not provided annual compensation, investment income or net worth amounts for Nick or Juliette, however "slumming", "higher caste", "out of his league" does not seem to be supported by a cursory examination of online compensation data.
The vehicles Nick and Juliette drive look to be rather common. In comparison, the Royals likely ride in Bentleys and Lamborghinis. The wealthiest guy I knew drove a used Chevy. He could pay for a Bently in cash, but chose to enjoy life, make friends and be an honest businessman.
You can't judge a book by its cover.
New Guy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14