Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick's obsession-demoting Juliette to normal human
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Its cop.
Nothing said panic.
Thanks for clarifying. I thought you were responding to my post.
I would say panico could have Juliette to look different, happen to be a "Hexenbiest".
Getting carried away by prejudiceread in a simple book about "Grimm" and "Hexenbiest".
Nick's reaction was to take out his weapon like any police does.
(07-06-2018, 10:17 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2018, 12:25 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]I think that was just a momentary flash of panic, although he could have definitely handled the situation better by sitting down and giving himself a chance to think before bolting out the door like an idiot. Nick and Juliette stopped being in love because the writers wanted it that way, never mind three and a half seasons of character development.

It's not only the character development of Nick and Juliette's relationship that was impacted, it was Nick himself. I don't ever recall Nick ever resorting to panic when dealing with any situation.

I don't think any other movie, book, or television show with fictional characters and situations made me quite as upset as that scene. IMO, it's the exact point when Grimm began its downhill slide. The writers undermined Nick and Juliette's integrity to such an extent, the series was never able to recover. It only became more and more of a clusterfuck as time went on until the plug was pulled altogether.
(07-10-2018, 11:22 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think any other movie, book, or television show with fictional characters and situations made me quite as upset as that scene. IMO, it's the exact point when Grimm began its downhill slide. The writers undermined Nick and Juliette's integrity to such an extent, the series was never able to recover. It only became more and more of a clusterfuck as time went on until the plug was pulled altogether.

Do you think the writers saw the writing on the wall and just gave up?
The showrunners decided what they wanted to happen in the arcs and the episode writers did what they were told.
Quote:The showrunners decided what they wanted to happen in the arcs and the episode writers did what they were told.

Well of course they did. That's a generalization that can be made about any series. That's not what Hexenadler is commenting on. I believe what he's stating is that there was no purpose behind turning Juliette into an evil and vicious hexenbiest any more than there was for turning Nick into a cold-hearted a**hole because she became a hexenbiest. Both characters lost big time as a result of that arc.

Hexenadler is right. Regardless of who or what decided which episodes to write with regard to the Juliette is a hexenbiest storyline, that particular story arc doomed the series.
The term "cold-hearted" does not come to mind when describing Nick in this arc. I also seem to recall him panicking a couple of times in season 1 especially where it concerned Hank. Remember that Nick still couldn't bring himself to kill her in the end.

Nick having a moment of panic is far from unbelievable. Nobody expected Juliette to become a Hexenbiest. There was a lot to take in in a short amount of time. They definitely went through the gamut of emotions.
(07-11-2018, 04:36 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2018, 11:22 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think any other movie, book, or television show with fictional characters and situations made me quite as upset as that scene. IMO, it's the exact point when Grimm began its downhill slide. The writers undermined Nick and Juliette's integrity to such an extent, the series was never able to recover. It only became more and more of a clusterfuck as time went on until the plug was pulled altogether.

Do you think the writers saw the writing on the wall and just gave up?

It would have been too early for that. I think G&K simply felt the time had come to "shake things up," but they only succeeded in breaking the show. The writing on the wall didn't come until sometime into season 5, which is evident in the title of the last episode: "The Beginning of the End."
Is papa noel the fathers.- ja, ja.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30