Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick's obsession-demoting Juliette to normal human
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Nick + Juliette +Adalind's baby = maybe trouble
I didn't say Nick and Juliette should take baby Kelly away from Adalind. I mean the progress of the whole thing - they should handle it differently than they did it. Then the fans of Juliette might not have such a big problem as now.
(05-20-2018, 09:24 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Then I don’t understand what you’re basing it on, if not that Nick and Juliette willingly helped kidnap Adalind’s baby simply because Nick’s mother wanted the child. Juliette not only helped Kelly kidnap Adalind’s baby, she actively assisted the Royals, who she knew to be cruel and violent, simply to retaliate against Adalind. Juliette’s actions in S4 aren’t any more justifiable than Adalind’s actions were when working for Renard and later harming Juliette to retaliate against Nick. Malicious behavior is wrong regardless of which character is conducting it.

I don't believe Juliette/Eve would take the baby for a number of reasons. For one, she isn't Juliette any longer. For another, she can't forgive herself for what she's done. For a third, to what end?

And for a fourth, empathy. Juliette was kidnapped herself and forced into a life she did not want and had no choice in.
(05-22-2018, 01:19 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]It was really bad written. That is one of the reason why I despise Nadalind - if they really had planned in a long time they didn't needed to destroy Juliette just because for the benefit from Adalind. They could have make it in a different why. If it really should have been - to put them together they could have miss out the rape thing without destroy Juliette.

Tara, IMO, the writers were, to some extent, responding to some fan driven opinions. The Adalind character was originally supposed to supplement the Aunt Marie arc but the fans took to her character and they responded with more Adalind. Is this a recipe for great writing or a recipe to maintain a larger fan base?

These same fans also did not respond well to the Juliette character. You can blame the writing, the actor, the settings or anything else some want to think about but those are the realities. If you were the writers of this show, what would be your priorities? The roof and food it was providing or the development of a fictional character on a frictional TV show?

These are some of the realities we need to accept about this show. For me, up until Season 4, I would have preferred and expected the Nicolette union but after how they wrote the Juliette character, hell NO! After how they wrote her betrayal, I was happy with the Nadalind ending.

To recap, what I expected with the relationship between Nick and Juliette was not what was presented. Once the dark side of Juliette was exploited, I no longer supported Nicolette and favored the Nadalind.

Was Adalind my first choice to hook up with Nick? Nope. I would have chosen a dozen other characters on the show to have ended up with Nick. Angelina was one, the Dragon gal was another. In the end, this is what they gave us.
If Juliette had not been kidnapped- for HW-, could have done more damage.
After becoming a "Hexenbiest" could have gone elsewhere.
If she believed that everyone saw her as a monster, that can import the people?
Unless one does believe it.
(05-23-2018, 08:00 AM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2018, 01:19 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]It was really bad written. That is one of the reason why I despise Nadalind - if they really had planned in a long time they didn't needed to destroy Juliette just because for the benefit from Adalind. They could have make it in a different why. If it really should have been - to put them together they could have miss out the rape thing without destroy Juliette.

Tara, IMO, the writers were, to some extent, responding to some fan driven opinions. The Adalind character was originally supposed to supplement the Aunt Marie arc but the fans took to her character and they responded with more Adalind. Is this a recipe for great writing or a recipe to maintain a larger fan base?

These same fans also did not respond well to the Juliette character. You can blame the writing, the actor, the settings or anything else some want to think about but those are the realities. If you were the writers of this show, what would be your priorities? The roof and food it was providing or the development of a fictional character on a frictional TV show?

These are some of the realities we need to accept about this show. For me, up until Season 4, I would have preferred and expected the Nicolette union but after how they wrote the Juliette character, hell NO! After how they wrote her betrayal, I was happy with the Nadalind ending.

To recap, what I expected with the relationship between Nick and Juliette was not what was presented. Once the dark side of Juliette was exploited, I no longer supported Nicolette and favored the Nadalind.

Was Adalind my first choice to hook up with Nick? Nope. I would have chosen a dozen other characters on the show to have ended up with Nick. Angelina was one, the Dragon gal was another. In the end, this is what they gave us.
Hi Y'all,
My wife discovered Grimm and got me to watch it. My first viewing was during Juliette's car scratch fever memory loss. I had no clue what Grimm was about. The episode seemed to be about some whiny chick (Juliette) who kept having visions of a ghost (Nick) and went crying to her friend (Rosalee) who ran a gourmet shop for tea snobs. It seemed to be a dumb chick flick show. I gave it a big yawn and left the room.
I tried it again and the real Nick did his thing to a nasty Wesen. The action was good and the hero (Nick) prevailed. It became a weekly show for us. It was Nick and Scoobies (good guys) vs Wesen criminals (bad guys) with an evil Royal Prince Captain Sean Renard as the nemesis. Juliette was irritating, but tolerable until season 4. The climax of the show was when Trubel finally killed her. When FrankenEve showed up I became disgusted and watched the remaining episodes in hope that she would face proper consequences for her vile acts.
Regarding the topic "Nick's obsession-demoting Juliette to normal human," I saw little evidence of such an "obsession." I did see him endure her unfounded acts of hatred, betrayal and violence. I saw him in love with her even when she was attempting to kill him. IMO, Nick knew that Hexenette was on a violent path of self destruction. He acted out of love and compassion the restore her to humanity and save her from death. She only rejected him and anyone who cared about her and tried to help her. She only responded to Meisner who beat her into submission and obedience to her "purpose." What do you suppose was her "purpose?" All I saw in her was an amoral, robotic killer, totally devoid of any feelings.
It is beyond me why the Scoobies accepted Eve when she never accepted responsibility for her evil deeds and never even remotely showed any remorse. She remains an open wound to the show, never to heal.
N G
(05-23-2018, 08:00 AM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]

dicappatore, I can understand what you have written. And I can somehow understand the writers of Grimm. I don't have a problem with the Adalind character. I must confess, I like her as a character.

The only thing what I hate about the story telling and the depelopment of Nadalind is - They could have make a differently story arc and don't need to destroy a character. That's the only thing I absolutely despise and hate.And that's one of the reasons why I can not accept Nadalind.

And if they really wanted to make a new relationship for Nick - I wouldn't had a problem with another woman. Sure, I like Nickliette from the start on. At first I think I would be upset but I think I would have getting used to it.
(05-23-2018, 05:12 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing what I hate about the story telling and the depelopment of Nadalind is - They could have make a differently story arc and don't need to destroy a character. That's the only thing I absolutely despise and hate.And that's one of the reasons why I can not accept Nadalind.

I think there was a great injustice done to the character of Juliette, simply to make Adalind more appealing. But when I think about it, putting Adalind as the mouse in the corner of the fome really doesn't make her more appealing. It just comes down to geography, moving her from a castle to a warehouse.

Adalind as the evil counterpart to Nick really ended her usefulness when she raped Nick. From then on her character continued to descend level by level until she became the little mouse in a corner of the fome, attended by her baby. In reality, the character probably should have been killed off a couple of years ago to allow for more interesting and certainly more evil foes for Nick.

The question of Nick having a relationship with a woman (other than Adalind) is an interesting one. No pregnancy, no goofy ultra secret government organizations, no ties with other characters, like Renard to deal with. It might have raised the ratings, which certainly didn't benefit from the Nick/Adalind relationship.
(05-23-2018, 08:38 PM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]I only chimed in this ridiculous thread, was when it got a welcomed off-topic.

Bwahaaahaaaaaa! Why don't you just tell the truth? You chimed in because you couldn't stand it any longer and just had to butt in. Admit it, you were just being your same old bully self following me around. **Yet again*** Really, can't you think for yourself?
(05-23-2018, 11:08 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding the topic "Nick's obsession-demoting Juliette to normal human," I saw little evidence of such an "obsession." I did see him endure her unfounded acts of hatred, betrayal and violence. I saw him in love with her even when she was attempting to kill him. IMO, Nick knew that Hexenette was on a violent path of self destruction. He acted out of love and compassion the restore her to humanity and save her from death. She only rejected him and anyone who cared about her and tried to help her.

NG, a better question would be, WTF is "demoting Juliette to normal human".

Was there another scene or arc I missed? Or just another torturous attempt to re-write the suppression potion arc? If she did drink the potion, it would have not removed her Hex and demoted her to a normal human. It would have temporarily suppressed her new found emotions for her to get acclimated with.

How can someone bitch and moan when Adalind suppression potion wore off and she got her Hex back, yet claim that if Juliette drank it, it was "demoting Juliette to normal human". Is this what it is meant by this thread topic? Hello, McFly? The suppression was not permanent. WTF were "SOME" of you watching?

Didn't the Nick character say something in the lines, paraphrasing; "you had to learn to understand me, now its my turn to understand you". How the flock is that an obsession to, "demoting Juliette to normal human".

I only chimed in this ridiculous thread, was when it got a welcomed off-topic. No matter how much improvised re-writes some try to make, I thank you for reminding some of us, how ridiculous this thread is.

NG, if there is an obsession here, it is not with the fictional character's relationships but more to do with some Juliette fans.

(05-23-2018, 08:51 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2018, 08:38 PM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]I only chimed in this ridiculous thread, was when it got a welcomed off-topic.

Bwahaaahaaaaaa! Why don't you just tell the truth? You chimed in because you couldn't stand it any longer and just had to butt in. Admit it, you were just being your same old bully self following me around. **Yet again*** Really, can't you think for yourself?

Hello, McFly. You replied to my post before I had a chance to edit it. Seems to me you are the one following me around.

This post was started on 05-05-2018. My 1st reply was to Henry's post on 05-10-2018, about the Nick gun pulling incident. WTF, do you sit on your computer 24/7 to watch when I log on the site? Then claim I am following you around? Well, I hate to tell you this, you aren't that important for me to follow you anywhere.

BTW, lots of times I just log on to read the new stuff or review some old stuff. Move on and Get a LIFE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzNufNaVQo
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30