Grimm Forum

Full Version: Why Claire not in 606 & 608 from Kyle McVey?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(02-11-2017, 05:05 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]As a hexenbiest raised by a hexenbiest mother, Adalind's reaction to spooky stuff around her child is probably going to be different from what yours or mine might be. The level of weird that is considered normal is going to be higher.

My guess is, given her upbringing, that Adalind's mothering style is probably grounded in something like "I'm not going to raise my children the way my mother raised me." In any situation, she'll ask, "What would Mom have done?" and then not do that. The problem with that approach is that even a lousy mother like Catherine Schade probably did something right now and then...

I agree, we’re influenced by our parents and our upbringing even when we see that influence as negative. But it’s Adalind's about face concerning the hexenbiest/chaotic life that confuses me. Or maybe I misunderstood Adalind’s objective in S5.

Adalind’s first pursuit was protection for herself and her unborn baby, but I had thought her second pursuit was creating a chaos free life for herself and Kelly. Adalind didn’t just seem uninterested in being a Hexenbiest again, she seemed to dread it. And I guess based my interpretation, I expected Adalind to be equally adamant about keeping as much of the Grimm, Wesen, magic, etc chaos away from her children as possible. But you’re right, Adalind reacts as though Diana wanting to see a dead man and duplicating Juliette’s drawings in the tunnel is as normal childlike behavior as eating a peanut butter sandwich.
Adalind seems to have the least amount of screen time of anyone on this show so I find myself often wondering what she is thinking since we aren't given any clues. I do know that all of the people who have thought they knew better how to raise her have completely screwed up so I like her chances of doing a better job than they have. I do not think Adalind is incurious. But then that is just my opinion. We don't know what it's like growing up a heixenbiest. Perhaps it is normal to be a bit morbid and not see these deaths as anything out of the ordinary. Adalind did react to Diana wanting to see Meisner, but that was more amusing than anything else. Diana has been surrounded by chaos all of her short little life, I think that being loving and stable would be the best antidote to that. Adalind has to be a bit at a loss about what to do, it is all very new to her. She has had her back in her life for what?, 3 or 4 weeks now? Not a lot of time to affect real change. Nor is it a lot of time to really get to know her child. Adalind knows what Diana is capable of but how to address that is another thing. It's kind of like having a tiger by the tail. She has gently tried to guide her in the right direction a few times, but I do feel we have writers that aren't familiar with raising children so aren't really writing those scenes with a lot of insight.

I do not honestly know what Adalind knows or does not know anymore. We see no follow up conversations after reveals which I find frustrating. I am pretty sure that Sean will find out about the symbols from Diana. Adalind and Nick could have spoken endlessly about what happened in the tunnels and in the loft that fateful night, or they could have not said a word about it, we have no way of knowing for sure.

The Adalind and Sean characters do seem to be set apart from the rest of the characters on this show. I do wish they all interacted a little bit more.
(02-11-2017, 04:32 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2017, 04:11 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]It seems more like Nick is showing interest in Adalind to keep her from taking off again. When he went to the mansion a quick kiss and up the stairs to see Kelly. Not once did not mention wanting to see Diana. If he was really into Adalind would he not want to form a connection with Diana. On the roof his main concern was he get Kelly. Wanting Adalind was more a second thought. He had no concern about Diana.

Nick asked about Diana and Adalind seemed uncertain about Nick and her so she did not bring him to Diana then.
If you’re saying Adalind was wary about Diana’s reaction to Nick, she probably was. But I think more than anything else, Adalind didn’t want to risk pushing the issue that she wanted her and Diana with Nick.

Syscrash, you appear settled with you’re assessment of Nick good/Adalind bad, so maybe you can help me understand Nick’s game plan.

I know Nick’s about face after returning from Germany was because G&K wanted to change the direction of Nick/Adalind, so for the sake of this discussion, let’s ignore their convoluted mess and agree that Nick never trusted Adalind and doesn’t love her.

When Nick returned from Germany, why didn’t he tell Adalind he didn’t love her and then stay out of that bed? It wasn’t about sex, Nick seemed to avoid intimacy with Adalind unless she pressed the issue. And he didn’t know the suppressant had worn off, so he wasn’t worried about retaliation at that point.

If Nick had been upfront with Adalind in S5, bartering for her on the rooftop wouldn’t have come up, but why do you think he did? Because she might retaliate? Like you, he doesn’t really believe she’s changed and would easily revert to revenge mode? Pity, that will disappear once he see’s that Juliette is back for good?

So what’s Nick’s game plan?

One speculation I’ve been mulling over is that Nick hugging Adalind after the Renard spell didn’t have anything to do with Nick/Adalind moving forward, but rather, showcasing Diana’s reaction and possibly setting up the Juliette/Nick/Adalind triangle with the positive emphasis on Juliette. I’m speculating that Juliette is not the intrusion in this triangle, Adalind is, and that’s why the show had Nick bring her back to the loft. It’s only to create conflict for Nick before choosing Juliette.
(02-11-2017, 06:21 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2017, 04:32 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2017, 04:11 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]It seems more like Nick is showing interest in Adalind to keep her from taking off again. When he went to the mansion a quick kiss and up the stairs to see Kelly. Not once did not mention wanting to see Diana. If he was really into Adalind would he not want to form a connection with Diana. On the roof his main concern was he get Kelly. Wanting Adalind was more a second thought. He had no concern about Diana.

Nick asked about Diana and Adalind seemed uncertain about Nick and her so she did not bring him to Diana then.
If you’re saying Adalind was wary about Diana’s reaction to Nick, she probably was. But I think more than anything else, Adalind didn’t want to risk pushing the issue that she wanted her and Diana with Nick.

Syscrash, you appear settled with you’re assessment of Nick good/Adalind bad, so maybe you can help me understand Nick’s game plan.

I know Nick’s about face after returning from Germany was because G&K wanted to change the direction of Nick/Adalind, so for the sake of this discussion, let’s ignore their convoluted mess and agree that Nick never trusted Adalind and doesn’t love her.

When Nick returned from Germany, why didn’t he tell Adalind he didn’t love her and then stay out of that bed? It wasn’t about sex, Nick seemed to avoid intimacy with Adalind unless she pressed the issue. And he didn’t know the suppressant had worn off, so he wasn’t worried about retaliation at that point.

If Nick had been upfront with Adalind in S5, bartering for her on the rooftop wouldn’t have come up, but why do you think he did? Because she might retaliate? Like you, he doesn’t really believe she’s changed and would easily revert to revenge mode? Pity, that will disappear once he see’s that Juliette is back for good?

So what’s Nick’s game plan?

One speculation I’ve been mulling over is that Nick hugging Adalind after the Renard spell didn’t have anything to do with Nick/Adalind moving forward, but rather, showcasing Diana’s reaction and possibly setting up the Juliette/Nick/Adalind triangle with the positive emphasis on Juliette. I’m speculating that Juliette is not the intrusion in this triangle, Adalind is, and that’s why the show had Nick bring her back to the loft. It’s only to create conflict for Nick before choosing Juliette.

Mid summer dream everything is switched at the end. What they show in the promo is not likely to be what happens during that show at the end. An evil force is after Eve is this 607 so nothing is clear until the last minute.
(02-11-2017, 05:43 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind didn’t just seem uninterested in being a Hexenbiest again, she seemed to dread it. And I guess based my interpretation, I expected Adalind to be equally adamant about keeping as much of the Grimm, Wesen, magic, etc chaos away from her children as possible.

I think that was more about Adalind than the children. She was more concerned that her powers coming back would change her back to the person she used to be as a hexenbiest, and she had come to not like that version of herself very much.

(02-11-2017, 06:21 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]If you’re saying Adalind was wary about Diana’s reaction to Nick, she probably was. But I think more than anything else, Adalind didn’t want to risk pushing the issue that she wanted her and Diana with Nick.

Adalind seemed even less willing to discuss that than Nick was in that scene. When she told him that Kelly needed to be with him and he asked her about Diana, it sounded to me as if he already expected that she'd be bringing Diana with her and was surprised that she hadn't said, "we need to be with you."
(02-11-2017, 06:28 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Mid summer dream everything is switched at the end. What they show in the promo is not likely to be what happens during that show at the end. An evil force is after Eve is this 607 so nothing is clear until the last minute.
My post was only a speculation I was mulling over.

I don't really care who Nick ends up with, my only preference is that the show doesn't devalue Juliette and Adalind by having them wrestle in a mud pit for Nick. If I can get that, I'm fine with whoever he chooses. It's all in who you consider the real winner to be.
(02-11-2017, 06:45 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2017, 06:28 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Mid summer dream everything is switched at the end. What they show in the promo is not likely to be what happens during that show at the end. An evil force is after Eve is this 607 so nothing is clear until the last minute.

I don't really care who Nick ends up with, my only preference is that the show doesn't devalue Juliette and Adalind by having them wrestle in a mud pit for Nick. If I can get that, I'm fine with whoever he chooses. It's all in who you consider the real winner to be.

some how I think Nick ends up with no one. Because he'll be dead
(02-11-2017, 06:45 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]

My greatest G&K fear is both Adalind and Nick will give up Kelly for his "safety". He grows up knowing nothing about his family or wesen and at 29 turn into a grimm. At 29, Trubel meet him all of GRIMM is her telling him about his family. This suppose show us hope for future.
(02-11-2017, 04:11 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Nick changed after returning from Germany. That was when the mistrust started. There has been mistrust ever since. Even with the cloth Nick has not asked for her input. In Breakfast in Bed people pointed out it was determined the cloth had to do with the constellations. And area of expertise that Adalind has. Yet she is not even in the episode. Diana woged and could see the symbols on the cloth. why wouldn't Adalind woge to see if she could see them. Eve would have if she could have woged.

It seems more like Nick is showing interest in Adalind to keep her from taking off again. When he went to the mansion a quick kiss and up the stairs to see Kelly. Not once did not mention wanting to see Diana. If he was really into Adalind would he not want to form a connection with Diana. On the roof his main concern was he get Kelly. Wanting Adalind was more a second thought. He had no concern about Diana.

OK I have to say if you thought was a quick kiss at the mansion not sure what to say, but I can tell you that when they were up in her bedroom that was complete passion and I'm pretty sure if that had been in real life some fun things were happening soon after that kiss and he was there for more then few minutes . Adalind said "I need to be with you" do you think she means she wants to talk. After all even Juliette/Eve knows he is in love with Adalind if I cared about someone I certainly wouldn't tell him I know he's in love with someone else
I think there's probably going to be a lot of mud pit wrestling going on in 607, but as the combatants aren't going to be in their right minds it probably isn't going to mean much as far as their relationships go.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13