Grimm Forum

Full Version: S5E20 - Bad Night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Nick shot two guys with his own gun. As soon as those slugs are drawn out, it's going to be his gun that's ided. No attempt to make it look like the two guys stopped, had an argument that resulted in deaths by gunshot.

Nick's moved right on by intimidating wesen suspects to woge. Now, it's slam their head into the desk. Big payoff time to said suspect by the department as well as assault charges for the cop.
I suspect they killed off Henrietta because they didn't want someone like her around who might have been able to keep Juliette grounded.
(05-16-2016, 09:32 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2016, 10:17 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]Has Nick ever struck you as the overly cognitive type?

No surprise here, but no.

Nick doesn't seem to have the sixth sense that experienced cops have. For instance, his mode of questioning a suspect. He's prone to beating the crap out of them to get them to woge and then *show* them he's a Grimm rather than intimidate them intelligently with questions and get them to the point where they woge in response to stress. Then he could be the big bad Grimm to them.

I didn't like the whole Jack the Ripper storyline on Grimm. For one thing, that's been used a thousand times. But the one thing that really stood out was that Nick had no street resources to rely on that might bring Renard to them sooner. Experienced cops know street hookers and pimps. Sometimes they even have alliances with them and those alliances solve crimes because there are more eyes on the street looking for the killer.

How cool would it have been to have Renard stalking Henrietta, and Nick and the gang charge in before he has the chance to cut her throat?

That is a very good point about street resources and something I didn't pick up on. I think the Henrietta character was killed off to soon (and easily for that matter).
I'm really interested to see how the writers are going to deal with the Diana character and her behaviour.
It wears a bit thin when season after season ends with nothing but doom and gloom for the main character(s). I don't expect anything different this time around but it would be nice for a change to see Nick and the scoobies getting the upper hand, (even if only slightly) Well, I can dream can't I?....lol.
(05-16-2016, 10:15 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect they killed off Henrietta because they didn't want someone like her around who might have been able to keep Juliette grounded.

This is exactly what I was thinking was the storyline before the creative team decided to write Claire's pregnancy into the story. Once they decided to include the pregnancy, there was no need for Henrietta so they killed her off. I really liked her character.
Nick's supposed to have a good standing with local wesen, but none of that's been on show this season.

I think the jack the ripper storyline was originally going to be Nick's as the side effect of getting his powers back.
Henrietta may have been someone who could have clued Nick in on what's going on. 5 seasons in, nearly done and dusted, and it's high time Nick got some idea of what's going on.
(05-15-2016, 09:37 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you irukandji for such a nice compliment.

You're welcome! I would really like to see Grimm take the approach of using a character's experience as a guide to other characters rather than continuing to focus on their faults.
(05-16-2016, 09:40 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Considering all the things Nick has had to deal with, he handled being a grimm and a cop reasonably well. His personal life went all to hell, but that's a common occupational hazard for cops even when they're not seeing people change into fairy tale creatures and having witches cast spells on them and theirs.

He is, however, definitely falling down on the job of being a grimm and a Tom Clancy hero.

When taken into consideration the fact that most Grimms we know of were practicing their craft for many years, Nick seems to be coming along well. I agree he's achieved a balance between his oath as an officer of the law and keeping the peace within the wesen community in Portland up to the present.

But this is a big deal, this wesen uprising, run by experts with an enormous reach. They are organized enough to know how to go about gaining control of cities like Portland - put your people in positions of authority. They have tremendous resources, the kind that recruits followers by using violence as a punishment for resisting them. They're global in their activities; we been given information to assume the same methods are being used to take power in many countries. Traditional Grimms worked largely alone, Nick has had the nous to know there is strength in numbers, he's assembled his own small army. Which looks pretty pathetic just now. They are simply going to have to form alliances with groups like HW, the Resistance, what's left of the Wesen Council, the wesen townspeople, and even what members they can recruit from the Portland Police Bureau, to face this threat.

But to criticize his failure to head off, or even identify the enormous scope of this movement on the part of BC, seems to me to be unreasonable. Could be he's up against too big an opponent, like Renard says, but my money's still on him.

I would like it if the relic could be used by only Grimms.
(05-16-2016, 10:32 AM)tscchope Wrote: [ -> ]Nick's supposed to have a good standing with local wesen, but none of that's been on show this season.

After Wesen Nacht, the friendly wesen have probably gone to ground, and Nick's probably keeping clear of them to avoid pinning targets on their backs. Monroe and Rosalee are the exception, because they found out early on that BC already knows about them.
With just 3,39 million viewers "Bad night" marks a new series low in ratings. Sad
Thank god we already got the 13 episodes order for next season, because if NBC waited a little longer ... who knows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gr...80.9316.29
What people forget Nick is not fighting BC. He is fighting and idea, wesen no longer having to hide in the shadows. Like Sean said It does not matter what they do the idea is not going to die. Wesen will come out of the shadows. We have seen more wesen exposure in this season then in the entire run of the show. There is no way season 6 could be anything other then wesen out of the shadows. What people also fail to realise that there is no winner in this fight. Having the most powerful asset does not give you and advantage. Like Lucian said you may win the battle but you won't win the war. This is not the kind of conflict that can be resolved in a head to head battle with winner take all.

I see the biggest problem is viewers have the distorted view of BC. Wesen's basic argument is, we are wesen with abilities we should not have to hide. We should be able to use what ever abilities we where given.
Many viewers see the BC position as being apocalyptic for humans. BC has never said they wanted to eliminate humans. BC said persecute us we eliminate you. People have posted concerns about humans reactions of knowing about wesen. Problem shoot a wesen out of fear that is murder. You try a fight a wesen they will kill you. No where has it been stated the avocation of wesen going after humans. The concern is humans going after wesen. That is where the blood shed would come from. Think logically why would wesen need to eliminate humans. Wesen are stronger, faster, and better at their given talent then any human. Without having to hide they will dominate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19