Grimm Forum

Full Version: Grimm "Fan Fiction"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(04-05-2018, 03:23 AM)Scully1987 Wrote: [ -> ]No, I don't ship Nadalind anymore Smile But I don't hate it either. But I am " still " more the Nickliette fangirl.

After a very long time - I just wanted to say hello Smile - I've not been active here in the forum for a long time. But I also have to admit that the end of Grimm has upset me a bit and I first had to learn to handle it. Right now I can deal with it, but I think that's more dependent on my mood.

Nevertheless, I wanted to show you two new stories. Both of them are one-part stories over Nick and Juliette " No Nadalind "

Hasenjagt and Eisenhans

If you do not like the ship - please do not click on the links...I just say it as a precaution!

I have to agree with your version of how more realistic person or persons would have reacted to these situations, especially in the Hasenjagt version. This is where, I believe, the writers dropped the ball on the Nick and Juliette relationship progressed.

Juliette being a Hex did not have to be so combative. Yes, Grimms and Hexenbiests did not mesh well but Nick was a new kind of Grimm. One of his best friend and a best man to a Blutbad's wedding was not normal either. If his Grimm was able to compromise by being a best man at a weding of two Wesen, why couldn't he be OK with a Hex?

After all, Nick was able to be cordial with other Hex's. He wasn't looking to kill Elizabeth or Henrietta why did the writers make it look like, from Juliette's perspective, Nick would be willing to kill the Juliette/Hex for doing nothing wrong, at this point, except for using her Hex to defend herself.

IMO, this is what I would consider a main flaw in the "writers intent". Grant you this is a fantasy TV show but still, realistic reactions should be maintained to the story line, to keep it more believable. This is why, I see your version of that episode more in the line of how I would have reacted to the love of my life becoming a Hex.

Your other version Eisenhans, of that police station scene would also be in the same line of people being more realistic then following that over-the-top reaction of what the writers wrote, between Nick and Juliette.
I just red "Necessary Sins", and you'r rigth....It's a good storie !
(08-27-2017, 02:20 PM)thecdn Wrote: [ -> ]Let me preface this by saying that I'm a big Nadalind guy. If you're not great, but the story I'm going to mention is my favourite Nadalind fanfic by far and I just want to talk about that. Not here to argue pro/anti Nadalind stuff, there are other threads for that Smile

I was wondering who on this forum has read the story "Necessary Sins" by midnightjen? ( https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11973169/1/Necessary-Sins http://archiveofourown.org/works/8484100)

Judging by the number of comments/reviews/follows etc from those sites I have to believe some people from this forum have read it.

It's a long story, 45 chapters, but very well written in comparison to so much of what is out there. The initial twist to get things started is brilliant, in my mind, and leads to a natural progression of the story.

So, just wondering if anyone else here has read it and if they think it's as good as I do or if not, why not? Again, I'm the first to admit I'm a Nadalind supporter so I'm looking at it through rose coloured glasses. But I would be interested in the views of others on this.
(04-05-2018, 03:23 AM)Scully1987 Wrote: [ -> ]No, I don't ship Nadalind anymore Smile But I don't hate it either. But I am " still " more the Nickliette fangirl.

After a very long time - I just wanted to say hello Smile - I've not been active here in the forum for a long time. But I also have to admit that the end of Grimm has upset me a bit and I first had to learn to handle it. Right now I can deal with it, but I think that's more dependent on my mood.

Nevertheless, I wanted to show you two new stories. Both of them are one-part stories over Nick and Juliette " No Nadalind "

Hasenjagt and Eisenhans

If you do not like the ship - please do not click on the links...I just say it as a precaution!

Generally speaking, I don't read fanfiction, but someone was looking at this thread today, so thought I would tune in as well.

Both stories were very good. I would have to say of the two, I particularly liked Hasenjagt. It's nice to read that the character of Nick can overcome his grimm instincts and bring himself down to the level of a sympathetic and caring significant other to Juliette. I like your style of taking a scene from the series and changing it into two enjoyable short stories. Kudos!
Thank you irukandji <3 It really means a lot to me, that you liked the stories. Especially since you do not read fan fiction otherwise.
(04-29-2018, 10:17 PM)Scully1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you irukandji <3 It really means a lot to me, that you liked the stories. Especially since you do not read fan fiction otherwise.

You're welcome, Scully. If you come back to the forum and would like to discuss fanfiction in more detail, I'd like to ask you some questions about your stories.
(05-03-2018, 04:05 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2018, 10:17 PM)Scully1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you irukandji <3 It really means a lot to me, that you liked the stories. Especially since you do not read fan fiction otherwise.

You're welcome, Scully. If you come back to the forum and would like to discuss fanfiction in more detail, I'd like to ask you some questions about your stories.

Sure, irukandji you can ask me anything. If you like here in the topic or as private messages. The way you prefer Smile Although I am not here every day, like I used to be when Grimm was still on TV. But I will answer you as soon as possible.
(05-05-2018, 10:54 PM)Scully1987 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2018, 04:05 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]You're welcome, Scully. If you come back to the forum and would like to discuss fanfiction in more detail, I'd like to ask you some questions about your stories.

Sure, irukandji you can ask me anything. If you like here in the topic or as private messages. The way you prefer Smile Although I am not here every day, like I used to be when Grimm was still on TV. But I will answer you as soon as possible.

Thanks, Scully. First of all, I want to state that you and the others I have seen who post short stories here have my total and utmost admiration. Everyone here knows how brutal this forum can be. To have the courage to post short stories (especially here) is nothing short of amazing.

I was curious as to why you decided to write about Grimm, and in particular, the two episodes where Nick acted in less than a stellar manner with regard to Juliette's predicament.
You're welcome irukandji. I have to confess, I have been writing Fanfiction for several years now. For Buffy, Bones, Grimm or a few other fandoms. And over time you get used to the rudeness of some people. When I writed my first story I was hurt, sad, disappointed - by the rudness of some people. So I've also tried to write the story and published it. And there was a few not so nice comments. Since I didn't know about a Beta Reader (that is someone who read, and correct the story for you - and give you - ideas - how to change it that it sounded better - and to give the story a better reading flow.) But today I am grateful to some readers. Without them, I would probably have nothing changed in my way of writing. And would have continued to write and nothing changed.

But you have to learn and pay attention to the readers - and the comment they write. Some people mean it well and just want to give you tips and some hints where you need to pay attention. But there are also some leprechaun out there who want to annoy and upset you, or don't have nothing differently to do as to complain. Or in the way when other shipper complain about your favorite couple - And so on.

You have to learn and relearn as an author - and accept what the reader want to teach you. It was a very long way for me - but now I know how to handle it.

In the case of the stories I have write for - as example the one with Nick and Juliette - that was one of these scenes I didn't enjoy and I have think over something I would have liked to see - and then I wrote it.

I hope you could understand my english and the very long text.
(05-06-2018, 07:07 AM)Scully1987 Wrote: [ -> ]continued to write and nothing changed. You're welcome irukandji. I have to confess, I have been writing Fanfiction for several years now. For Buffy, Bones, Grimm or a few other fandoms. And over time you get used to the rudeness of some people. When I writed my first story I was hurt, sad, disappointed - by the rudness of some people. So I've also tried to write the story and published it. And there was a few not so nice comments. Since I didn't know about a Beta Reader (that is someone who read, and correct the story for you - and give you - ideas - how to change it that it sounded better - and to give the story a better reading flow.) But today I am grateful to some readers. Without them, I would probably have nothing changed in my way of writing. And would have

But you have to learn and pay attention to the readers - and the comment they write. Some people mean it well and just want to give you tips and some hints where you need to pay attention. But there are also some leprechaun out there who want to annoy and upset you, or don't have nothing differently to do as to complain. Or in the way when other shipper complain about your favorite couple - And so on.

You have to learn and relearn as an author - and accept what the reader want to teach you. It was a very long way for me - but now I know how to handle it.

In the case of the stories I have write for - as example the one with Nick and Juliette - that was one of these scenes I didn't enjoy and I have think over something I would have liked to see - and then I wrote it.

I hope you could understand my english and the very long text.

Thanks for the reply, Scully. I understood your English very well and appreciate the detailed test. I do believe authors should be able to stand constructive criticism. What I saw here with regard to a short story that appeared not so long ago went way beyond constructive criticism and right smack into bullying and ridicule.

Quote:In the case of the stories I have write for - as example the one with Nick and Juliette - that was one of these scenes I didn't enjoy and I have think over something I would have liked to see - and then I wrote it.

Have you written other fan fics about Grimm?
You're welcome irukandji <3 and I am glad over it. It means a lot to me. With the time I have learned how to handle "rude" comments sometimes and you need to be thick-skinned - and don't let every mean comment reach you. Writing is a thing you need to learn and progress by doing and practise. And I keep it as my hobby - one of my favorite pastimes activities. Not every day of course just now and then when I have got an idea. But first and foremost I like to write for myself it's shall not be rude but I like to write over something I would had liked to see on the series. Of course I like to share my ideas.

And a well-intentioned tip for those who start writing and maybe reading this topic - find a beta reader and try to get to know each other as much as possible - where you have a good feeling - you have to be able to trust yours - if that's the case, some comments may anger you still but is not so bad as if you do not have one. My correctur reader got one of my best friends. Then you know you have did everything in your power to make it the best. And keep in mind - not everyone will like your story, because of the couple and so on. And if you have any question don't be shy and do not be hesitate to write to me.

Quote:In the case of the stories I have write for - as example the one with Nick and Juliette - that was one of these scenes I didn't enjoy and I have think over something I would have liked to see - and then I wrote it.
Quote:Have you written other fan fics about Grimm?

Quote:Yes, I did write a few Grimm stories. Grimm Story The third replay there are the story I have written for Grimm.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6