Grimm Forum

Full Version: Game Of Thrones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
From what I heard about that KITN scene from the producers and the actress, Sansa reaction to the north's declaration wasn't an "Uh oh, now Jon is in LF's cross hairs, must find a way to stop LF" But more like "Oh snap, my bastard brother has risen to power when I'm the true born, the one who saved everybody by calling for the soldiers of the Vale, perhaps I should have listened to LF" But the scene wasn't well scripted because how can the north pick a bastard, like ever? And the producers have a penchant for the melodramatic instead telling things like they are. That scene confused the viewers because we all saw it as Sansa supporting her brother but the writers likely had something completely different in mind so the truth got lost in translation. What it serves now is to give them time to rework Sansa and Jon's relationship because what's happening in the north is a figment of their imagination not based on the books.
It is hard to figure out what Sansa was thinking when she contacted Little Finger. Before contacting him she had already turned down his help. She contacted him after fearing Jon was not going to win back winterfell from Ramsey. She must have made a deal with him. If not more then promise the alliance of the North. After the battle Little Finger makes it known he wants Sansa she turns him down. He then asked about the alliance she turns that down. He finally reminds her she is the true Stark and Jon is a bastered. He seems to be saying you are the true ruler and through her he can sit on the iron throne. But while they where naming Jon. Sansa had a look like she was now thinking about her on the throne. To do that Little Finger knows she would need the help of the vale.
How was Sansa even allowed to marry Ramsay? Who would acknowledge it? They say it's because Tyrion and Sansa never had sex but how would anyone know that's the truth especially considering Tyrion's reputation?

Even if that is to be believed, they would still need an annulment. Lysa told Sansa "They'll execute that dwarf and you'll be free to marry Robin. You'll be the Lady of the Vale." She strongly implied that Tyrion would need to die before Sansa can marry again. Lysa didn't say Sansa could marry Robin because she never had sex. She could have forced them to marry at any point regardless of Tyrion's status if that was the case. That makes the entire marriage invalid but that was conviently ignored so Sansa could marry Ramsay and be fridged so Theon could get his redemption and cement Ramsay's status as the ultimate villain which was not needed.
I have been thinking about Sansa's marriage to Tyrion, legally she's still married to him in the books but isn't on the show, so am I to assume it will be annulled in the books to maybe match the show? And on the show,with Ramsay dead, she can't really be Lady of Winterfell when she was Lady Bolton. What is actually her status?
I can go on for days explaining how Sansa's story makes absolutely no sense and should not be handwaved just because she fed Ramsay to dogs. She even needed the help of the man who pimped her out in the first place to Ramsay and is still influenced by him as said by the showrunners themselves. That scene of her chewing him out was so hollow because the true point of that scene was to show that he still has influence over her and we all knew she would need him anyway.

I don't even know why I said Sansa has a story. She does not have an arc. Sansa just does whatever the scene requires her to do. She's a blank slate to be used however the writers want to use her.

Sansa should still be married to Tyrion because the marriage needs to be annulled. No one would ever acknowledge her second marriage as legitimate. Littlefinger, Sansa, and Roose were turned into complete dolts in order to serve Ramsay's arc just like Stannis was defeated by Ramsay and his "20 good men" in order to prop him up. I think I may just copy some of the responses I wrote in other forums after I finish watching football. They will entail how I feel about Sansa, Littlefinger, Ramsay, and maybe more.
What this show did to Stannis saddens me. While reading the books, for all his faults I thought he was one of the few good ones in all of Westeros but clearly D&D had other ideas. He, Jon and Jaime are my favorites for the people they are despite the circumstances. Of the three Jon is the one whose character is the least assassinated on the show and that's not saying much since they nearly butchered him with their indifference in the beginning of the show.
Tyrion isn't exempt from subpar writing either. I think he's become overrated as well. I guess it's time for me to let loose on him too.

Tyrion annoys me because he continuously escapes dangerous situations unscathed. Tyrion being such a fan favorite is the worst thing to ever happen to his character because the writers let this influence their writing. I'll just talk about the last two seasons alone.

Tyrion is a dwarf in a foreign continent and he doesn't even have his family name to protect him anymore. He was able to walk into a brothel and get an offer from a prostitute for sex when she correctly deduced that he couldn't pay for it. He was able to avoid skin contact with the stonemen when he was on a small boat with only Jorah to fight them off. That's just ridiculous! He then gets captured by pirates and is made a slave. The audience knew Tyrion was in no danger because being sold into slavery as a dwarf in a foreign nation only provides him another opportunity to show his wit, talk about how big his dick is, and talk the pirates into doing exactly what he wants them to do because he knows how to do their job in their territory better than they do. He even gets to beat one of them with his chains while they laugh it off. One of the others who were caught cuts his chains off at the right moment so he can go out and meet Daenerys who just so happened to go to the same arena he was scheduled to fight in so he doesn't get beat to death like he should.

Tyrion manages to get Dany to take him into her service after a brief meeting by convincing her she was worthy of his service. He's so intelligent that he had better ideas on how to govern Meereen than Dany and anyone who's actually been in Meereen for the few seasons they've been there.

Season 6 rolls along and Tyrion tells Missandei he knows what it's like to be a slave until Missandei tells him how stupid and offensive that notion is. This isn't surprising because this is the same guy who told Sansa that he knew how she felt without considering that she was a young girl who was being forced into the family that killed her father, planned to kill her brother, and take her family's inheritance away from her while still being forced to be around them and remain at their mercy. This is painted as Tyrion being a compassionate guy and not the asshole other characters would be called if they had said something similar.

Of course, Tyrion causes Meereen to come under heavy attack and is helpless to stop it until Dany arrives with her dragons and the Dothraki. I feel obligated to say that Dany isn't exempt from being annoying in this situation either but this is about Tyrion. He gets a semi-stern talking to from Dany for this minor faux pas and is named Hand of the Queen in the next episode despite the tiny faux pas. It was interesting to see that Tyrion and Dany had a similar relationship to Stannis and Davos despite barely knowing each other since she flew off on Drogon shortly after they had met.

I almost forgot Tyrion's greatest moment of the season. He gives a short exposition on how dragons may be smarter than humans right before he goes to unchain them. Great timing! He manages not to get roasted alive by these gigantic chained beasts because he's so wonderful and they knew he was a friend of Dany despite never seeing him with her.

The show gets praised for its "realism" and it gets used as a defense whenever some less than pleasant things happen to other characters not named Tyrion. The same things could happen to him but the rules don't apply to him so I guess it can't be helped. He's just too great of a guy to abide by them.
He and Cersei are the show's special snowflake and it's annoying.
I have watched the series from episode one. I probably never would have watched it had my son not encouraged me to do so. I love the series and can't wait for it to return for its final season.

I am currently reading book 4 of the series. I didn't think there was a lot of difference between the series and the books to the point where I'm at. There is a difference now, because Ramsay is planning on marrying Arya rather than Sansa.

After the infamous Sansa got raped scene, I was looking up articles on Game of Thrones to see how the series was going to end since the last two books have not been published yet. I was surprised instead to find more than a few articles describing fans' outrage at the rape and how this completely differed from the book. In one of the articles, Martin himself was apparently okay with the change.

I also found that Martin had collaborated with HBO in developing an ending for the series, which implied the ending may not be the same as the books.

I admit, I am among the viewers who like Tyrion. He is my favorite. I haven't read anything in the books so far that makes him different from the screen version with one exception and that is his scar. In the book, it is horrible. On the screen, he still has his nose. I would have liked to have seen HBO not cop out on that detail.

As for Tyrion coming on to the scene and Dany believing him right from the start, I really didn't find that so hard to fathom. Jorah became a trusted advisor and protector. Ser Barristan saved her life and also became a trusted advisor and protector.

I have to say I never questioned why Tyrion didn't get touched by the stonemen. I just assumed that Jorah was such a good protector, he could protect anyone from just about anything. I didn't question Dany's ability in trusting Tyrion because we knew him as a character who could be trusted. I simply assumed like Jorah and Barristan, Dany was able to tell sincerity from him as welll as she's able to detect lying in others.
What I found is people focus on the detail instead on the concept. It is not the details of what happens. The actions are only meant to define the character. Take the Sansa rape scene. The purpose was to show she was in an abusive realationship. They could have used any number of actions and it would not has changed the story.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7