Grimm Forum
Looking at Grimm as far a being politically correct - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Looking at Grimm as far a being politically correct (/Thread-Looking-at-Grimm-as-far-a-being-politically-correct)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Looking at Grimm as far a being politically correct - rpmaluki - 04-21-2017

I don't know a scientific way of saying Nick (read:the stick) folded space and time between the past (coming back through the mirror the first time when Diana opened the portal) and the future (where Zerstörer is dead, Adalind's ring off and all the dead people are suddenly alive again) so it appears as though he went back in time. It's a loop, like someone else has said, where the end somehow ended up at the beginning.

RE: Looking at Grimm as far a being politically correct - MarylikesGrimm - 04-21-2017

(04-21-2017, 10:31 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't know a scientific way of saying Nick (read:the stick) folded space and time between the past (coming back through the mirror the first time when Diana opened the portal) and the future (where Zerstörer is dead, Adalind's ring off and all the dead people are suddenly alive again) so it appears as though he went back in time. It's a loop, like someone else has said, where the end somehow ended up at the beginning.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/01/grimm-showrunners-explain-series-finale-the-end-and-answer-lingering-questions

IGN: What were the logistics of Nick coming through the portal at the end? Was that another instance of him going through to the Other Side and leaving behind the reality where all these characters are dead, or did he get a hard reset?

KOUF: Yeah, it was a hard reset. When the Zerstörer died, it was as though he never came through, so it reset to that point.

IGN: You had me thinking you were going that route for a bit! How did you come up with this idea for what the Other Side of the mirror would be?

KOUF: The Other Place is the place where Wesen have the power and humans are cowering and running for their lives.

GREENWALT: This notion is that Hell can be quite beautiful. It doesn't have to be a fiery pit of despair, but a place that these inner demons that have plagued humanity from time immemorial actually reign supreme. That would be Hell. We have plenty of it in our own world today. It's less an alternate reality and more Hell on Earth.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from irukandji: But the real solution to the homicidal offspring would be another alternate reality irukandji: end

Nick never created multiple realities based on the G&K views. IMO the staff does not have the power to create multiple realities either.

Diana could have her memories the same way she remember "the Other Place" and she was the one who opened the portal and was holding the stick that is now part of the staff.

RE: Looking at Grimm as far a being politically correct - rpmaluki - 04-21-2017

I know they said it's a reset but they never explained how it was reset. It looks like a loop happened, everything Nick and Diana experienced actually happened, they both remember it but they are back at Monroe's, just before Zerstörer was supposed to come out but he can't because Nick killed him in what is that moment's future. It's a case of the future affecting the past/present instead of the other way round, which is typical of this sort of time displacement as seen in movies like The Terminator or Back to the Future where the past affects the future.

RE: Looking at Grimm as far a being politically correct - MarylikesGrimm - 04-21-2017

(04-21-2017, 10:35 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 10:31 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't know a scientific way of saying Nick (read:the stick) folded space and time between the past (coming back through the mirror the first time when Diana opened the portal) and the future (where Zerstörer is dead, Adalind's ring off and all the dead people are suddenly alive again) so it appears as though he went back in time. It's a loop, like someone else has said, where the end somehow ended up at the beginning.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/01/grimm-showrunners-explain-series-finale-the-end-and-answer-lingering-questions

IGN: What were the logistics of Nick coming through the portal at the end? Was that another instance of him going through to the Other Side and leaving behind the reality where all these characters are dead, or did he get a hard reset?

KOUF: Yeah, it was a hard reset. When the Zerstörer died, it was as though he never came through, so it reset to that point.

IGN: You had me thinking you were going that route for a bit! How did you come up with this idea for what the Other Side of the mirror would be?

KOUF: The Other Place is the place where Wesen have the power and humans are cowering and running for their lives.

GREENWALT: This notion is that Hell can be quite beautiful. It doesn't have to be a fiery pit of despair, but a place that these inner demons that have plagued humanity from time immemorial actually reign supreme. That would be Hell. We have plenty of it in our own world today. It's less an alternate reality and more Hell on Earth.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
from irukandji: But the real solution to the homicidal offspring would be another alternate reality irukandji: end

Nick never created multiple realities based on the G&K views. IMO the staff does not have the power to create multiple realities either.

Diana could have her memories the same way she remember "the Other Place" and she was the one who opened the portal and was holding the stick that is now part of the staff.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parallel universes are very different in physics so these ideas were made up by G&K. The cat example is used in physics to explain how probability and statistics work the atomic level not large scale parallel universes.

RE: Looking at Grimm as far a being politically correct - izzy - 04-21-2017

(04-21-2017, 05:41 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Let me see, Nick and Adalind should be sterilized in order to prevent a next generation of murderers. If we follow that logic, than all Grimms should be sterilized. Problem solved. No more Grimms after a time. Of course, we would still have the problem of evil and criminal wesen running around freely, but the kehrseite officers of the law could handle that. Merely appear in court and testify that the offender suddenly turned into an animal and ripped a victim's throat out or turned into an animal and tried to kill them so they had to shoot. Most juries would accept that.

There is no logical and correct answer to insisting on justice and strict societal adherence of the real world in the world of Grimm, imo. Just living with compromise in an unjust environment. How uncomplicated life must be to be a happily uninformed kehrseite in Portland's Grimm.

Here's my take and one of my last postings. Nick's a hero. Nick never used his position to make a fortune, never stole anything from a criminal situation, never tried using his gifts to rise through the ranks, and was a basically good man who made life and death decisions as part of his daily routine simply because of who he was. He was the best Grimm of his lineage, imo. I think he's dead.

Not really. Renard told us most crime (I think the phrase was almost all of it) was committed by wesen Nick and Hank were detectives who were solving crimes before becoming aware of the alternate wesen world, ergo modern police methods must have been bringing a satisfactory number of wesen criminals to justice or the FBI would have been all over Portland.

I have yet to see where the world need Grimms or Grimms are a force for the good and Nick particular is a degenerate who works against the very foundation principles of our nation. Nick is a cop who used his position on the police force to murder a prisoner. Nick is a cop who murdered a guy in a bar and got his fellow officers to cover it up. Those were humans, not wesen he murdered. Nick a hero, you must be joking. A hero has his cop buddy pat a perp down to make sure he doesn’t have a weapon, takes him to a place so Nick the big brave hero can murder the guy with a concealed weapon? That is the act of a hero? That is the act of a coward. Nick is suppose to be a super human, big bad Grimm, and yet he packs a weapon to take on a mere human. Kenneth had the stones, he stood toe to toe with the coward Nick, knowing he was going to die, he did not cower, he did not plead, he stepped forward and toed the line with Nick like a man.

So in summary, this, the world needs Grimms seems a bit ridiculous to me. Wesen crimes are in general being solved. As we learned the Federal Government is aware of wesen, they just at present (like with many things) choose not to assist local law enforcement. When the Feds thought there was a legitimate wesen problem, they acted, and note they chose to be active locally. Now with almost pervasive surveillance, exo-skelton military armored fighting men (yep they exist now) the whole Grimm thing boils down to exactly what it is, a bunch of vigilante murders who run around dispensing what they think is justice while simultaneously depriving citizens of their Constitutional rights.

RE: Looking at Grimm as far a being politically correct - Hell Rell - 04-21-2017

Except the Federal Government allowed this particular agency to create Eve and have her "interrogate" suspects by any means necessary. Would you approve of that method? Doesn't having that type of thing be government sanctioned make it worse in your eyes? I highly doubt HW was doing things by the book.

Grimms are terrible yet they recruited two of them that we know of and at least one other that Trubel worked with overseas. Trubel told Nick and Adalind that she was "doing what Grimms do" when she was traveling around the globe for HW. It seems that the government recognizes the need for Grimms themselves.

(04-21-2017, 11:11 AM)izzy Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 05:41 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Let me see, Nick and Adalind should be sterilized in order to prevent a next generation of murderers. If we follow that logic, than all Grimms should be sterilized. Problem solved. No more Grimms after a time. Of course, we would still have the problem of evil and criminal wesen running around freely, but the kehrseite officers of the law could handle that. Merely appear in court and testify that the offender suddenly turned into an animal and ripped a victim's throat out or turned into an animal and tried to kill them so they had to shoot. Most juries would accept that.

There is no logical and correct answer to insisting on justice and strict societal adherence of the real world in the world of Grimm, imo. Just living with compromise in an unjust environment. How uncomplicated life must be to be a happily uninformed kehrseite in Portland's Grimm.

Here's my take and one of my last postings. Nick's a hero. Nick never used his position to make a fortune, never stole anything from a criminal situation, never tried using his gifts to rise through the ranks, and was a basically good man who made life and death decisions as part of his daily routine simply because of who he was. He was the best Grimm of his lineage, imo. I think he's dead.

Not really. Renard told us most crime (I think the phrase was almost all of it) was committed by wesen Nick and Hank were detectives who were solving crimes before becoming aware of the alternate wesen world, ergo modern police methods must have been bringing a satisfactory number of wesen criminals to justice or the FBI would have been all over Portland.

I have yet to see where the world need Grimms or Grimms are a force for the good and Nick particular is a degenerate who works against the very foundation principles of our nation. Nick is a cop who used his position on the police force to murder a prisoner. Nick is a cop who murdered a guy in a bar and got his fellow officers to cover it up. Those were humans, not wesen he murdered. Nick a hero, you must be joking. A hero has his cop buddy pat a perp down to make sure he doesn’t have a weapon, takes him to a place so Nick the big brave hero can murder the guy with a concealed weapon? That is the act of a hero? That is the act of a coward. Nick is suppose to be a super human, big bad Grimm, and yet he packs a weapon to take on a mere human. Kenneth had the stones, he stood toe to toe with the coward Nick, knowing he was going to die, he did not cower, he did not plead, he stepped forward and toed the line with Nick like a man.

So in summary, this, the world needs Grimms seems a bit ridiculous to me. Wesen crimes are in general being solved. As we learned the Federal Government is aware of wesen, they just at present (like with many things) choose not to assist local law enforcement. When the Feds thought there was a legitimate wesen problem, they acted, and note they chose to be active locally. Now with almost pervasive surveillance, exo-skelton military armored fighting men (yep they exist now) the whole Grimm thing boils down to exactly what it is, a bunch of vigilante murders who run around dispensing what they think is justice while simultaneously depriving citizens of their Constitutional rights.
The Federal Government (HW) was trying to hire all the Grimms to work for them and it worked out well with the other Grimms. If Nick went to work for HW he would be supervised by a human (not Sean) who understood the wesen world and it should start reducing the crime rate.

RE: Looking at Grimm as far a being politically correct - speakeasy - 04-21-2017

(04-21-2017, 11:11 AM)izzy Wrote:

I respect your right to have an opinion.

RE: Looking at Grimm as far a being politically correct - izzy - 04-21-2017

(04-21-2017, 11:53 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I respect your right to have an opinion.

Awww shucks, that is so cute : )

RE: Looking at Grimm as far a being politically correct - irukandji - 04-21-2017

(04-21-2017, 05:42 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 04:36 AM)irukandji Wrote: All I'm saying is he can create another reality where the children do not exist, and change things so they're not homicidal maniacs who love to go on hunts that end in killing.

I see that as murdering children. Alternative realities do have bad effects but I am sure how much physic people here want to hear. IMO there are always costs when turning yourself into a god.

What about the adults who were brought back to life in Nick's alternate reality? You see it as murder if he goes back to the beginning but there's no issue with bringing the dead back to life?

Isn't that playing god? The only one benefitting from bringing these people back to life is Nick.