Grimm Forum
Did Adalind raped Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Adalind raped Nick? (/Thread-Did-Adalind-raped-Nick)

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MarylikesGrimm - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 10:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: That's because nothing better has come along. Adalind likes being associated with royalty. She would have still been with the royals if she could have gotten her way. She wasn't always tortured by the royals.

The Royals betray everyone including each other. The royals always planned to betray Adalind right from the beginning because that is what they did to everyone we saw in the show.

That is why Juliette never went to Europe.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MANTItotheCore - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 10:44 AM)Purity Wrote: [quote='rpmaluki' pid='54303' dateline='1491662393']
He does love Juliette still but is no longer in love with her. His heart has moved on to Adalind despite everything that happened between them. It's impossible for me not to think he's love with Adalind after watching them from season 1 to 3. That is a very dark and turbulent past, even more so than Adalind and Renard when they turned on each other. I think this is what Nick had been struggling with between German and the end of S5, reconciling falling in love with an enemy, why it took him forever to finally tell her he loved her even though it was very apparent he did.
Nick and Adalind are exactly the same but on a greater level because of the historical violent relations between Grimms and hexenbiests. It made me glad when his mother told him to take care of her grandson instead of berating him over falling in love with one of the worst wesen around.

He's found happiness with Adalind and the kids but still sees Eve as being unhappy because he has what he's always wanted and in comparison, she has nothing as some fans have attested. Honestly, I don't know what it would take for Nick to be free of his guilt. That last episode with everyone dying around him is bound to have an effect on him. We've already seen that he and Trubel continue to have nightmares about the things they do. I think Grimms suffer prolonged PTSD or something similar that stays with them till the day they die.

I think that's why Adalind was good for him in that she was supportive of him without making even more demands on him than he could handle. Nick finds in Adalind what he couldn't in Juliette and whatever Juliette needed in a boyfriend/husband, she could never have found it in Nick. They were like oil and water, unable to mix and build something permanent together. Not to say Juliette wasn't a supportive girlfriend, she was, right to the end but it was hampered by the conflict that came with her making concessions for him at her expense and they both paid dearly for it.

What can I say rpmaluki, but yet again another bulls eye. Same thoughts of mine, same approach to the Nadalind/Nickette perspective. @Mary.

This is pretty much where I stand on the 'ships. I was perfectly fine with Juliette/Nick in the beginning... even more so when she first got her Biest and helped out Monroe with the Wesenrien situation. I thought would become a power duo, but her character went Biest crazy....completely! Then, Adalind began to change with the birth of Diana. She didn't want to do the sleep with Nick thing, she was essentially forced into it by Victor in an attempt to get her child back. When A got pregnant with Kelly, she continued down a more naturing path. She knew that she had no desire to be anything other than a mother. I think their history made us all skeptical that N&A would work and that A would flip out again, but she didn't and N&A worked in the end. And I approved of the place JuliEve wound up, too. Everyone's happy... except the Juliette fans, but that's cool too.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Mrtrick - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 09:46 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 09:44 PM)Mrtrick Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 09:19 PM)irukandji Wrote: The last I heard, Renard was Diana's dad, not Nick. So is Nick really with Adalind 20 years later?

Nick is the main character, so they're not going to be talking about what Renard was doing, in the final scene. The whole point of that epilogue was Nick's legacy. His family. Not some other guy who isn't even a Grimm. Diana being there and calling him Dad, is meant to highlight that she is as much a part of him as Kelly, is by this point. And the writers have said that they're all a big happy family, fighting the good fight. And if you intend to bring up the idea that the generalization of that statement could include Renard, I would say that, as it specifically relates to the scene, if they don't mention Monroe, Rosalee, Eve, Trubel, Hank or Wu, they sure aren't going to bring up Renard.

Funny how Kelly referred to him as "my dad". If Diana felt he was her father, wouldn't the wording be "our dad"?

Because saying, "Our Dad and Mom" is how people talk in casual conversation? Or maybe she should have said "Mom and Stepdad are waiting", cause that rolls off the tongue. Kelly would have heard Diana call Nick "Dad" before, so using it in a familiar parlance would have needed no qualification for him. Why is the idea that people would call both Nick and Sean "Dad", rubbing some people the wrong way? It's in no way dismissive of Diana's relationship with Sean. It just means she's also close to Nick. Which is a good and healthy thing.

And for those who've been saying that they can't be close because they never reached that point on the show, I would say that the last interaction she has with him is a warm embrace. And when Nick is telling his mother that he wants his friends back, and Adalind, and Kelly, he also specifically name checks Diana. Also consider the fact that she's just a little girl at this point. A whole heck of a lot can happen in twenty years. Namely maturity. Who do you think taught her the Grimm trade? Given that she's older than Kelly and didn't have to wait for her powers, Diana was probably out in the field with Nick, years sooner. Quality daddy, daughter time. But the option some of you seem to want to imply is that they never bond in any way. Which would mean that Nick doesn't even try to get close to her. Despite the fact that it would mean the world to Adalind, he never makes any effort to be a father in her life? That would be heartbreaking. And so mind bogglingly unlike Nick that one would have to assume some sort of Invasion of the Body Snatchers event transpired. There's no way that Nick doesn't treat Diana as if she's his own. And there's no iteration the writers would intend, that has Adalind with Renard. Not with how creepy and possessive he was toward her during the Black Claw mess. They respect her too much for that.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 10:33 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 10:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: That's because nothing better has come along. Adalind likes being associated with royalty. She would have still been with the royals if she could have gotten her way. She wasn't always tortured by the royals.

The Royals betray everyone including each other. The royals always planned to betray Adalind right from the beginning because that is what they did to everyone we saw in the show.

That is why Juliette never went to Europe.

I'm just saying if something better came along, Adalind isn't going to pass it up to stay domestic whatever in a fome in the warehouse district.

(04-08-2017, 10:34 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: And I approved of the place JuliEve wound up, too. Everyone's happy... except the Juliette fans, but that's cool too.

Eve and Elizabeth Tulloch fans are happy that they were happy at the end of Grimm.
Since Elizabeth Tulloch and David G. had fun making Grimm that helped them fall in love and I am glad they are getting married.

(04-08-2017, 10:40 PM)irukandji Wrote: I'm just saying if something better came along, Adalind isn't going to pass it up to stay domestic whatever in a fome in the warehouse district.

Adalind turned down Sean already on screen multiple times and he has a lot more money than Nick.

Do you own any Irukandji jellyfish? A birdy pointed it out to me.

Irukandji jellyfish (/ˌɪrəˈkændʒi/ irr-ə-kan-jee) are the smallest and one of the most venomous jellyfish in the world. They inhabit the marine waters of Australia, Florida and the U.S.A. They are able to fire their stingers into their victim, causing symptoms collectively known as Irukandji syndrome. Their adult size is roughly a cubic centimetre (1 cm3). There are about 16 known species of Irukandji: Carukia barnesi, Malo kingi, Malo maximus, Malo filipina and Malo bella are the best-known.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 10:38 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: Why is the idea that people would call both Nick and Sean "Dad", rubbing some people the wrong way? It's in no way dismissive of Diana's relationship with Sean. It just means she's also close to Nick. Which is a good and healthy thing.

Just relating this from my own side of the family, my brother married a lady who had two daughters. The younger daughter lived with him and his wife. One day his wife got the brilliant idea that her younger daughter should start referring to him as "Dad". This came up while my parents were visiting and my mother pointed out that he was not her dad. My brother agreed.

He's a great father figure, much better than some real fathers. He supported this young girl just as any father would. But he never considered himself her father. He was a father figure and she referred to him by his name. Both were fine with that arrangement. It was his wife who had the issue with it.

Diana was no toddler or infant when she came into Nick's life. She herself made it plain who she considered her father, and it was not Nick. He was lucky she didn't kill him for that little stunt. It's no stress on either of them if she continues to call him Nick and Sean "Dad". They can still be as close as they want. There's no law that says they can't.

(04-08-2017, 10:41 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 10:34 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: And I approved of the place JuliEve wound up, too. Everyone's happy... except the Juliette fans, but that's cool too.

Eve and Elizabeth Tulloch fans are happy that they were happy at the end of Grimm.
Since Elizabeth Tulloch and David G. had fun making Grimm that helped them fall in love and I am glad they are getting married.

(04-08-2017, 10:40 PM)irukandji Wrote: I'm just saying if something better came along, Adalind isn't going to pass it up to stay domestic whatever in a fome in the warehouse district.

Adalind turned down Sean already on screen multiple times and he has a lot more money than Nick.

Sean isn't a better deal than Nick. I'm saying if someone better came along with a royal background, I could see Adalind leaving Nick.

(04-08-2017, 08:38 PM)Juliette Wrote: Thank you irukandji, that is the question I had ask myself, too. It's so quiet around Adalind and that's scary.

You're welcome, Juliette. Thank you for the kind words. Here's another question to ponder. If Adalind and Nick were such a great and loving couple, why didn't they have more children?

(04-08-2017, 09:28 PM)Tara Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 09:19 PM)irukandji Wrote: The last I heard, Renard was Diana's dad, not Nick. So is Nick really with Adalind 20 years later?

irukandji, I really like that. And it's a good question : )

Thanks, Tara. As we're talking about Nick and Adalind, the great loving couple, I'll ask you this question as well. If they were so loving, why didn't they have more children?

(04-08-2017, 10:25 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 10:22 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 10:17 PM)irukandji Wrote: The blood ties are with the children, not with the mate or partner.

Again we agree that Adalind never would betray Sean or Nick since she has no motive. Eve and Trubel has real motive to betray Sean.

Let me pose a theoretical question. Suppose in the next year or so, a prince from another royal family comes to Portland, sees Adalind walking down the street and likes what he sees. He offers her and her children safe haven and lots of money. Most importantly, this royal prince offers her her own home, something she has never had. Now Adalind's still young and can have children. She loves being with the royals. I'd bet money that she'd betray Nick over that because the prince is offering her something that she has never had and that is her own home.

Adalind doesn't love being with the royals. They were a means to an end. And having gobs of money and a mansion has never been her driving impulse. First it was about pleasing Renard. Then it was about revenge and getting back the part of herself that was stolen. And finally it's been about her children. She doesn't need a safe haven because it's hard to top the one she has. Full of people who love her and would lay down their lives for her. Adalind has said before, when discussing finances with Nick, that she likes to contribute, so becoming some kept woman in a Bavarian Castle wouldn't appeal to any perceived vanity you think she has. And Nick and Adalind are not going to stay in the FOME. That was always meant to be a temporary measure until looming dangers passed. With Zerstorer and Black Claw finished, and with the Royals in utter disarray, there's no reason for them not to start looking for a proper house to raise their kids in. Adalind doesn't need some prince to sweep in and give her a house. She and Nick will find something that suits them just fine. In the scheme of things, Adalind is more likely to start her own law firm than take handouts from some fancy dude in a Rolls Royce. She already got her Prince Charming in Nick. A guy she fell in love with because he wasn't like any of those other jerks.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - rpmaluki - 04-08-2017

In Adalind's view, Nick has treated her better than any other man she's known, men who had more money, men who were princes, despite her terrible past misdeeds against him directly and some of those he loved. She loves him and he absolutely loves her back. The Royals on this show aren't your fairytale "prince charming" kind. They are vindictive, violent, treacherous and selfish, loyal to no one but themselves. They've been depicted as antagonists who had nefarious plans for the seven keys leading to an unknown treasure of great power. None of the men we've seen could offer Adalind something better than what she already has. She's not interest in power anymore. She can always make more money for herself by getting back to work and she could buy her own home if the loft doesn't do it for her anymore. She honestly has it good with Nick.

(04-08-2017, 10:57 PM)irukandji Wrote: As we're talking about Nick and Adalind, the great loving couple, I'll ask you this question as well. If they were so loving, why didn't they have more children?
How does not having more children mean they love each other less?

(04-08-2017, 10:57 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 10:38 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: Why is the idea that people would call both Nick and Sean "Dad", rubbing some people the wrong way? It's in no way dismissive of Diana's relationship with Sean. It just means she's also close to Nick. Which is a good and healthy thing.

Just relating this from my own side of the family, my brother married a lady who had two daughters. The younger daughter lived with him and his wife. One day his wife got the brilliant idea that her younger daughter should start referring to him as "Dad". This came up while my parents were visiting and my mother pointed out that he was not her dad. My brother agreed.

He's a great father figure, much better than some real fathers. He supported this young girl just as any father would. But he never considered himself her father. He was a father figure and she referred to him by his name. Both were fine with that arrangement. It was his wife who had the issue with it.

Diana was no toddler or infant when she came into Nick's life. She herself made it plain who she considered her father, and it was not Nick. He was lucky she didn't kill him for that little stunt. It's no stress on either of them if she continues to call him Nick and Sean "Dad". They can still be as close as they want. There's no law that says they can't.

(04-08-2017, 10:41 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

Sean isn't a better deal than Nick. I'm saying if someone better came along with a royal background, I could see Adalind leaving Nick.

(04-08-2017, 08:38 PM)Juliette Wrote: Thank you irukandji, that is the question I had ask myself, too. It's so quiet around Adalind and that's scary.

You're welcome, Juliette. Thank you for the kind words. Here's another question to ponder. If Adalind and Nick were such a great and loving couple, why didn't they have more children?

(04-08-2017, 09:28 PM)Tara Wrote:

irukandji, I really like that. And it's a good question : )

Thanks, Tara. As we're talking about Nick and Adalind, the great loving couple, I'll ask you this question as well. If they were so loving, why didn't they have more children?

If Diana calls Nick "Dad", it's because she wants to. Not because someone told her to. That makes it about her feelings and nobody else's. Given that Nick and Sean are co-parents to this young woman, it's her feelings that settle the issue. If Sean is jealous about it, then he should get over himself.

And we don't know if Nick and Adalind have more kids. Since they would be younger than Kelly and Diana, it's unlikely they would be out in the field much by this point. They could still be in high school or junior high. But given Adalind's rampant fertility, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a couple more. Of course it's no given that they would even have powers.

(04-08-2017, 10:57 PM)irukandji Wrote: As we're talking about Nick and Adalind, the great loving couple, I'll ask you this question as well. If they were so loving, why didn't they have more children?
How would anyone know if Adalind and Nick did or did not have more children? A younger child might not be a Grimm yet or old enough to do risky fighting.