Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-20-2017

I don't get the question, Mary. I haven't watched the episode.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 05:22 AM)irukandji Wrote: I don't get the question, Mary. I haven't watched the episode.

It was suggestion of something G&K might to annoy some viewers and leave things open.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Grimmbiest11 - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 04:36 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 02:59 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 01:06 AM)izzy Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 12:29 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: I get all that Izzy, I was merely saying to dispute the facts presented by the writers on record is ridiculous. It's the vague stuff open to different interpretation that we can debate on. But when something is presented as a fact, like Kelly's paternity then someone comes and says Kelly is not Nick's kid it's plain ridiculous.
I get the need to flex the intellectual muscles but this paternity issue isn't something you can argue circles around. Kelly is Nick's kid, it is what it is.

Out of curiosity where was it concretely stated that Nick is Kelly's biological father? I easily may have missed that. Did they mention a DNA test somewhere? If so I would agree with your assertion. But lying and deceit are tools of the lawyer and hexenbiest trade.

Adalind telling Nick this is your baby is not the same as it actually being his. And questioning that is not incongruent with how her character has been portrayed nor the relationship.

http://www.mytakeontv.com/2015/12/11/claire-coffee-spills-the-tea-on-grimm-s5/
This is the interview Claire gave. She says the writers told her they were writing her pregnancy in the storyline and kid was going to be Nick's kid.
I will also get other interviews for you if this doesn't suffice

What makes that any any truer than the other teasers and statements cast members and the creative team have made?

That is a major issue with these people. Look at the big hoopla Claire herself made not so long ago when she released part of her script.

It's because G&K also came on record at Comic Con that Kelly is Nick's kid, unfortunately I don't have the video.
Yes they said Juliette is dead but it was rebuffed when Eve came back. Well Eve herself believes Juliette is gone/does not exist anymore. G&K never specified what type of death it is, they just said she is dead, she is not coming back. Obviously they were not talking about physical death, that's the loophole.

Thus far they haven't rebuffed or cast doubt on Kelly's parentage. Perhaps you guys wanted a DNA test but that's not how it was written.

(03-20-2017, 05:37 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Thus far they haven't rebuffed or cast doubt on Kelly's parentage. Perhaps you guys wanted a DNA test but that's not how it was written.

They didn't rebuff the absurd Juliette is dead fakery either. Instead they made her Eve so they didn't have to deal with it.

While Nick assumed he was Kelly's father, there has been no definitive proof as far as the series is concerned. I think that was deliberate. If Grimm had been given a full season six or even seven, I think that would have been a storyline.

Aside from that, debating Kelly's father isn't all that big of a deal. People to this day are still debating that Juliette knew and participated in Kelly's murder, even though she denied it to Nick.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-20-2017

It can't really be the storyline if the writers intended for Nick to be the father from the very beginning. From what's been posted on this thread, the writers purposefully wrote Claire's pregnancy into the show to create unnecessary drama.

(03-20-2017, 06:22 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: It can't really be the storyline if the writers intended for Nick to be the father from the very beginning. From what's been posted on this thread, the writers purposefully wrote Claire's pregnancy into the show to create unnecessary drama.

The point is Kelly's paternity has never been established. It's only been brought up through interviews and Adalind, who told Nick he was the father. She herself completely forgot that and in fact stated she wasn't with anyone. I know they wrote Claire's pregnancy into the story but that doesn't completely make the child Nick's. Adalind could come up to Nick at any time and tell him Kelly isn't his. There's nothing in the story to definitively prove he is Kelly's father.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - New Guy - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 05:37 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: It's because G&K also came on record at Comic Con that Kelly is Nick's kid, unfortunately I don't have the video.
Yes they said Juliette is dead but it was rebuffed when Eve came back. Well Eve herself believes Juliette is gone/does not exist anymore. G&K never specified what type of death it is, they just said she is dead, she is not coming back. Obviously they were not talking about physical death, that's the loophole.
Hi Grimmbiest,
You mention that there are various types of death. Here is what the Macmillan Dictionary says:
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/thesaurus-category/american/types-of-death
Quote:Types of death - synonyms or related words
Using the thesaurus

accidental death
noun
a death that was not caused on purpose: used for reporting the decision of a coroner (=an official who examines the cause of someone’s death)

carbon monoxide poisoning
noun
a serious condition in which someone breathes in a lot of carbon monoxide so that their blood cannot carry oxygen around their body, and they quickly die

fatality
noun
formal a death caused by an accident, war, violence, or disease

martyrdom
noun
a martyr’s pain or death

poisoning
noun
an occasion when someone is affected by poison

starvation
noun
a situation in which a person or animal suffers or dies because they do not have enough to eat

untimely
adjective
used about the death of someone who dies at a time that makes their death extremely sad or unexpected, especially because they are young

asphyxiation
noun

an early grave
death before the natural age that you would expect

at the hands of someone
if you suffer or die at the hands of someone, they make you suffer or die

a watery grave
a place where someone drowns (=dies under water)

death by misadventure
formal death caused by an accident

the supreme sacrifice
the act of dying for your country or your beliefs, or to save other people
IMO, Nick attempted to kill her "at the hands of someone." He seemed to be choking her but she did not die from "asphyiation - to kill someone by preventing them from breathing, or to die when someone prevents you from breathing." It seems Trubel brought her "untimely" death by two crossbow bolts but Chavez and crew removed the corpse before an autopsy was performed to confirm the "catagory of death."
http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/the-four-manners-of-death.html
Quote:These four categories of death are:

Natural Causes: Quite simply when the body ceases to function of its own accord or if there are mitigating medical factors such as terminal illness, heart disease or the like, which would bring about death - this is generally referred to as death by natural causes.

Homicide: The taking of one human life by another human being by means of pre-meditated murder. The term pre-meditated means to have purposely planned and executed the murder of another human being in cold blood whilst trying to elude capture by the authorities.

Accidental Death: As the term would suggest the death of an individual by means other than natural death, murder or suicide. Accidental death can sometimes be manslaughter - murder but committed out of an involuntary act of violence towards another. Likewise accidental death can also be categorised as death by misadventure. This means that the victim has died by accident either whilst doing something they should not have been doing or by taking risks that would put them in mortal danger. A lot of extreme sports participants have died and their deaths have been classified as death by misadventure because of the extreme nature of their pastimes.

Suicide: The deliberate taking of one's own life due to extreme emotional distress often brought about by severe depression. Suicide is neither accidental nor is it classified as death by misadventure simply because the individual has set about on a course of action that would end with their own inevitable death. Normally this would occur by means of drug overdose, the cutting of one's wrists to induce uncontrollable bleeding, or indeed stepping out in front of a moving vehicle.
IMO, if coroner examination had been performed (LOL, in Grimm, not a chance) the finding would categorize her death a homicide, similar to this case:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-crossbow-deaths-1.3739824
Gruesome!
This is interesting:
http://www.lordsandladies.org/crossbow.htm
A crossbowman could kill a Knight in full armour
Modern crossbows can be powerful:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2348313/Man-44-shot-dead-crossbow-bolt-confronted-man-home.html
Quote:Darrell Farnham was found dying at his home in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, at around 10.45pm on Sunday after being hit with a crossbow bolt which passed straight through his body.

N G

(03-20-2017, 06:28 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 05:37 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: It's because G&K also came on record at Comic Con that Kelly is Nick's kid, unfortunately I don't have the video.
Hi Grimmbiest,
You mention that there are various types of death. Here is what the Macmillan Dictionary says:
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/thesaurus-category/american/types-of-death
Quote:Types of death - synonyms or related words
Using the thesaurus

accidental death
noun
a death that was not caused on purpose: used for reporting the decision of a coroner (=an official who examines the cause of someone’s death)

carbon monoxide poisoning
noun
a serious condition in which someone breathes in a lot of carbon monoxide so that their blood cannot carry oxygen around their body, and they quickly die

fatality
noun
formal a death caused by an accident, war, violence, or disease

martyrdom
noun
a martyr’s pain or death

poisoning
noun
an occasion when someone is affected by poison

starvation
noun
a situation in which a person or animal suffers or dies because they do not have enough to eat

untimely
adjective
used about the death of someone who dies at a time that makes their death extremely sad or unexpected, especially because they are young

asphyxiation
noun

an early grave
death before the natural age that you would expect

at the hands of someone
if you suffer or die at the hands of someone, they make you suffer or die

a watery grave
a place where someone drowns (=dies under water)

death by misadventure
formal death caused by an accident

the supreme sacrifice
the act of dying for your country or your beliefs, or to save other people
IMO, Nick attempted to kill her "at the hands of someone." He seemed to be choking her but she did not die from "asphyiation - to kill someone by preventing them from breathing, or to die when someone prevents you from breathing." It seems Trubel brought her "untimely" death by two crossbow bolts but Chavez and crew removed the corpse before an autopsy was performed to confirm the "catagory of death."
http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/the-four-manners-of-death.html
Quote:These four categories of death are:

Natural Causes: Quite simply when the body ceases to function of its own accord or if there are mitigating medical factors such as terminal illness, heart disease or the like, which would bring about death - this is generally referred to as death by natural causes.

Homicide: The taking of one human life by another human being by means of pre-meditated murder. The term pre-meditated means to have purposely planned and executed the murder of another human being in cold blood whilst trying to elude capture by the authorities.

Accidental Death: As the term would suggest the death of an individual by means other than natural death, murder or suicide. Accidental death can sometimes be manslaughter - murder but committed out of an involuntary act of violence towards another. Likewise accidental death can also be categorised as death by misadventure. This means that the victim has died by accident either whilst doing something they should not have been doing or by taking risks that would put them in mortal danger. A lot of extreme sports participants have died and their deaths have been classified as death by misadventure because of the extreme nature of their pastimes.

Suicide: The deliberate taking of one's own life due to extreme emotional distress often brought about by severe depression. Suicide is neither accidental nor is it classified as death by misadventure simply because the individual has set about on a course of action that would end with their own inevitable death. Normally this would occur by means of drug overdose, the cutting of one's wrists to induce uncontrollable bleeding, or indeed stepping out in front of a moving vehicle.
IMO, if coroner examination had been performed (LOL, in Grimm, not a chance) the finding would categorize her death a homicide, similar to this case:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-crossbow-deaths-1.3739824
Gruesome!
N G
Lol your post is funny. I can only assume they meant spiritual death, I notice you didn't touch on that one.

(03-20-2017, 06:15 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 05:37 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Thus far they haven't rebuffed or cast doubt on Kelly's parentage. Perhaps you guys wanted a DNA test but that's not how it was written.

They didn't rebuff the absurd Juliette is dead fakery either. Instead they made her Eve so they didn't have to deal with it.

While Nick assumed he was Kelly's father, there has been no definitive proof as far as the series is concerned. I think that was deliberate. If Grimm had been given a full season six or even seven, I think that would have been a storyline.

Aside from that, debating Kelly's father isn't all that big of a deal. People to this day are still debating that Juliette knew and participated in Kelly's murder, even though she denied it to Nick.

What proof do you think would suffice to establish Nick's paternity since you don't believe what the story writers themselves have said?

Here's what G said after Juliette's return in S5.
TVLINE | David and Jim, how long have you known you were going to bring Bitsie back?
GREENWALT | A long time… But to keep my word, [Juliette] is dead. She’s coming back, but it’s not really Juliette anymore. It’s this new character, Eve, who has not been brainwashed exactly, but she’s been through some incredibly tough training where they broke her down to nothing. She’s basically a super Hexenbiest weapon for Hadrian’s Wall to fight Black Claw.
She has a big scene with Nick in Episode 7, and she’s just a completely different person who doesn’t even relate to Juliette anymore — because, to her, Juliette’s dead.

Later in season 6 again Eve says Juliette is gone with emphasis, she talks about Juliette as if she's someone else.
But we insist they 'lied' that she's dead. Death has more than one meaning, a person can be dead inside and still physically exist. We interpreted it as physical death because she was shot with arrows and seemingly took her last gasp which could've been just a coma cause by pain and injury.
While i think it's incredulous and more could've been done it is what it is, they're not gonna change the storyline because I don't agree with it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - New Guy - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 06:31 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Lol your post is funny. I can only assume they meant spiritual death, I notice you didn't touch on that one.
Hi Grimmbiest,
The crossbow homicides I mention are (supposedly) real, not spiritual. Only in a fantasy like Grimm can a character be shot twice by a crossbow, be declared dead and show up in a later episode. By the way, do you know of any Grimm fairy tale where a character is killed, but comes back? Likely, Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm recognized that death is permanent and characters like the big bad wolf ended up "indeed dead." Cool
N G

(03-20-2017, 06:51 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 06:31 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Lol your post is funny. I can only assume they meant spiritual death, I notice you didn't touch on that one.
Hi Grimmbiest,
The crossbow homicides I mention are (supposedly) real, not spiritual. Only in a fantasy like Grimm can a character be shot twice by a crossbow, be declared dead and show up in a later episode. By the way, do you know of any Grimm fairy tale where a character is killed, but comes back? Likely, Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm recognized that death is permanent and characters like the big bad wolf ended up "indeed dead." Cool
N G

Lol N G, you're too funny. who told you she was physically dead after the arrows shot her. They just implied it, she probably lapsed in a coma due to severe injury.
It happens on TV all the time, people walk unscathed from bomb explosions, no hearing problems, just a toss and and a forehead scratch. You can't apply real life to some television scenarios because it's impossible.