Grimm Forum

Full Version: S3E22 - Blond Ambition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Yes indeed, I don't really care for the 'Truble' nickname either. Were this young lady 'my young apprentice' I would tell her that life will bring you all the trouble you want, and then some. No need to go looking for it.Angel
(05-19-2014, 03:38 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2014, 05:24 PM)Berkilak de Hautdesert Wrote: [ -> ]And I'm also wondering what Adalind is going to do when she discovers the Royals DON'T have her baby. And if the Royals will have discovered anything about the mystery woman (i.e., Nick's Mom) involved in all this.

Welcome to the Forum! Smile

I'm still wondering why the Royals wanted Adalind to take the Grimmness from Nick at all. How do they benefit?
Eric wanted Nick either on his side or destroyed, so he couldn't support Sean anymore. Now Victor has Sean heavily wounded, perhaps dying, so I guess Eric is revenged Confused.
What business does Victor have with Nick?

Adalind is on her way to Vienna, this is going to be dangerous. I guess Victor has no use for her anymore, and a furious Hexenbiest isn't conveniant to have in your castle. I won't miss her. Angry

I think that he wanted her take away Nick's powers to just get him out of the picture. He's a tough Grimm, killed pretty much every assassin sent after him, and by taking away his powers, he is weaker, and so not as valuable anymore.
LOL! i like the play on her name of the nickname, but yeah, why would she nickname herself that?? she lived on the streets isn't there enough trouble there without putting a bullseye on your back.

IMO, adalind is a great bad....er girl LOL! she has been one thorn in nick's side that he has not been able to get rid of, even when he took her powers away she still caused mayhem!! come now! how can you hate that LOL!!

i am not so worried about adalind being hurt, if i was viktor i would go and hide under my bed, that bitch is coming for him LOL!!

she may just get the info and get her revenge on viktor for lying to her.

i agree with fuchsbauer, nick has been one grimm that has cause just too much trouble, if eric wanted him destroyed, well, he doesn't have to kill him to destroy him, he could just take what makes him a grimm.
In these threads I've heard a few remarks about whether Juliette will be able to forgive Nick for what happened with Adalind/Juliette in the season finale.

Now, all jokes aside, if that could happen in the real world, then Nick was raped! Just as if some dirtbag slipped a young woman a date rape drug and she was not aware of what she was doing!

I would hope a woman would be sympathetic under such circumstances.
(05-26-2014, 07:25 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]In these threads I've heard a few remarks about whether Juliette will be able to forgive Nick for what happened with Adalind/Juliette in the season finale.

Now, all jokes aside, if that could happen in the real world, then Nick was raped! Just as if some dirtbag slipped a young woman a date rape drug and she was not aware of what she was doing!

I would hope a woman would be sympathetic under such circumstances.
I agree 100%... However, I will not go further into a rant about this subject as I don't wish to turn this into some kind of political or philosophical debate about the definition of such crimes.
I agree about the Adalind/Nick situation, as well. Unfortunately, I dont think the writers have the patience or inclincation to address the situation with the care it really needs. Juliette was also supernaturally deprived of consent in the Renard situation last season, but that didn't stop the show from advertising that story as something sexy and forbidden, as if they were having an affair. Worse yet was when Monroe and Nick treated the revelation about Juliette and Renard as if she were cheating -- I found that disgusting and offensive, and it was almost enough to turn me off the show entirely.

I think the trouble here (at least for me) is that the writers are using the supernatural, fantastic elements of storylines like these as a grey area to avoid addressing the uglier ramifications of them, when in fact that grey area doesn't really exist. Love spells and supernaturally-induced lust or attraction *are* present in fairy tales, but I don't think that a show that exists in today's culture can make use of them as something purely fictional and fantastic without addressing the questions of consent and violation they raise in real-world situations. The fact that it's fantasy and fiction doesn't give them a free pass to be flippant about stories like these -- it's too loaded an issue.
(05-27-2014, 07:02 AM)virgo79 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree about the Adalind/Nick situation, as well. Unfortunately, I dont think the writers have the patience or inclincation to address the situation with the care it really needs. Juliette was also supernaturally deprived of consent in the Renard situation last season, but that didn't stop the show from advertising that story as something sexy and forbidden, as if they were having an affair. Worse yet was when Monroe and Nick treated the revelation about Juliette and Renard as if she were cheating -- I found that disgusting and offensive, and it was almost enough to turn me off the show entirely.

I think the trouble here (at least for me) is that the writers are using the supernatural, fantastic elements of storylines like these as a grey area to avoid addressing the uglier ramifications of them, when in fact that grey area doesn't really exist. Love spells and supernaturally-induced lust or attraction *are* present in fairy tales, but I don't think that a show that exists in today's culture can make use of them as something purely fictional and fantastic without addressing the questions of consent and violation they raise in real-world situations. The fact that it's fantasy and fiction doesn't give them a free pass to be flippant about stories like these -- it's too loaded an issue.

You mention that love spells/potions are used in some of the ancient fairy tales. As I recall, none of those stories end well. So, in some respects at least, it would seem the ancient story tellers had a better understanding of how wrong and harmful such compulsion would be than do these modern writers.
Hi, new to this forum, after having Grimm marathon during heavy raining spring months. Anyway, I am gobsmacked by all the Adalind hate. Nick's family member killed her mother, Nick stole her powers and thus her whole identity, and is currently in a middle of a plot that deprives her of her child. Aaaand instead of a bloodbath retaliation worthy of a hexenbiest, the worst thing that happened to him was one season of love troubles, and now this free quickie 'rape' non issue (de-powerization consequences aside). Actually, there is this rumor -gasp- some men find hot blondes stalking them for sex exciting! Angel
(05-27-2014, 03:46 PM)Lavinia Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, new to this forum, after having Grimm marathon during heavy raining spring months. Anyway, I am gobsmacked by all the Adalind hate. Nick's family member killed her mother, Nick stole her powers and thus her whole identity, and is currently in a middle of a plot that deprives her of her child. Aaaand instead of a bloodbath retaliation worthy of a hexenbiest, the worst thing that happened to him was one season of love troubles, and now this free quickie 'rape' non issue (de-powerization consequences aside). Actually, there is this rumor -gasp- some men find hot blondes stalking them for sex exciting! Angel

Hello Lavinia, and welcome.

OK, we can make jokes about ALL men being hounds, etc. But, you know, some of us are not led around by our penises like dogs on a leash.

This is a fantasy show, but if it could happen in real life, and it happened to me, I would be pissed. Don't claim I would feel violated in the same sense a woman would be, but I would Not Be Happy!Angry

I was raised to never harm a woman, but I'd be really tempted to pop a cap on Adalind. If for no other reason then because she's really screwing things up between me and my lady.Angry

As for Adalind being a victim, she started all this in the very first episode by trying to kill Marie. If she really wanted revenge for all the crap that's happened to her she would have gone after Renard and her mother in season 2. They put her up to all this in the first place.

And, I don't buy the whole Adalind as "Mother of the Year" deal either. She was willing to sell the child to the highest bidder. That's pretty low. All this 'anguish' over the child being taken from her is just because she can no longer use her to get power and wealth from the royals.

Little Baby Beelzebub seems to know this as well, thus her preference for being with Kelly.Tongue
(05-27-2014, 03:46 PM)Lavinia Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, new to this forum, after having Grimm marathon during heavy raining spring months. Anyway, I am gobsmacked by all the Adalind hate. Nick's family member killed her mother, Nick stole her powers and thus her whole identity, and is currently in a middle of a plot that deprives her of her child. Aaaand instead of a bloodbath retaliation worthy of a hexenbiest, the worst thing that happened to him was one season of love troubles, and now this free quickie 'rape' non issue (de-powerization consequences aside). Actually, there is this rumor -gasp- some men find hot blondes stalking them for sex exciting! Angel

Hey, welcome to the forum, Lavinia, and the conversation. Smile

I really like Adalind as a character; she definitely falls into the "love to hate" category for me. Her motivations are pretty understandable too -- of course she wants baby Diana back; unconditional love isn't something Adalind really has -- which makes her more of a complex person than the baddies we see week to week.

That said, I'll have to agree to disagree with you on the dub/non-con scene being a non-issue. It's a double standard in fiction (and in real life; trigger warning for link to tvtropes.org page on said fictional double standards) to say that a guy is "lucky" when he was actually sexually assaulted. If Nick had impersonated, say, Renard in order to remove Adalind's powers with sex instead of a kiss, that storyline would have been rightfully decried. (And the way Nick canonically removed Adalind's powers was a bit ... not good anyway, imo.) Reverse the genders and it's easy to see how creepy it is.

I'm not saying that it can't be done as a storyline, just that it should be called what it is. (Honestly, I would like to see it addressed in show with all the problematic parts attendant but I fear it'll probably be the same ol' tune.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9