Grimm Forum

Full Version: Who was the smartest character?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
In your opinion who was the smartest/intellectual character in the series? Why do you think so?
Renard by a hundred miles. He always had some scheme going, always appeared confident and in charge, and always made his ladies look good.
(10-22-2017, 08:02 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Renard by a hundred miles. He always had some scheme going, always appeared confident and in charge, and always made his ladies look good.

You are right but he had a more privileged upbringing he is after all a royal Bastard.
(10-22-2017, 08:16 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2017, 08:02 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Renard by a hundred miles. He always had some scheme going, always appeared confident and in charge, and always made his ladies look good.

You are right but he had a more privileged upbringing he is after all a royal Bastard.

Thank you. Kenneth had a more priviledged upbringing as well as he didn't treat ladies the same way Renard did. For instance, Renard would have never turned pregnant Adalind loose on the streets with nothing. Kenneth did and had no problem doing it.
(10-22-2017, 07:51 AM)wesen Wrote: [ -> ]In your opinion who was the smartest/intellectual character in the series?
Renard hands down.

(10-22-2017, 07:51 AM)wesen Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you think so?
Seasons one through four.
Are you kidding me? What is smart? Is it being knowledgeable? Maybe. Seam was knowledgeable, so was Monroe and Rosalee, even Adalind was in her Hex knowledge. They were all very knowledge in their own way.

IMO, Smart is more than being knowledgeable, it’s how you use that knowledge. Sean might have been the most knowledge of them all, maybe even Ken. SO WHAT? This is so easy. Nick is the smartest, period. It doesn’t matter how much knowledge you have, it’s how you use it that counts, makes you smart!

Nick outsmarted all the royals, including Sean. He got the (The Scobies), Meisner even, in the end, Eve/Juliette to gain his trust and was able to use their knowledge to supplement his. This is how a “SMART MAN”, overcame all the obstacles that came his way.

Disagree as much as to your heart’s content. He is the main Grimm. The show is based on his character. He is written as such to be the winner, hence, the smartest.
Renard knows how to make his ladies look good. THAT's a smart man.
(10-22-2017, 09:45 AM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]Are you kidding me? What is smart? Is it being knowledgeable? Maybe. Seam was knowledgeable, so was Monroe and Rosalee, even Adalind was in her Hex knowledge. They were all very knowledge in their own way.

IMO, Smart is more than being knowledgeable, it’s how you use that knowledge. Sean might have been the most knowledge of them all, maybe even Ken. SO WHAT? This is so easy. Nick is the smartest, period. It doesn’t matter how much knowledge you have, it’s how you use it that counts, makes you smart!

Nick outsmarted all the royals, including Sean. He got the (The Scobies), Meisner even, in the end, Eve/Juliette to gain his trust and was able to use their knowledge to supplement his. This is how a “SMART MAN”, overcame all the obstacles that came his way.

Disagree as much as to your heart’s content. He is the main Grimm. The show is based on his character. He is written as such to be the winner, hence, the smartest.

When I just now started reading this new thread, I skimmed the posts - yours last, and was shocked as ykw to see you chose who I chose - Nick. He was the kind to think adeptly and bring people together to put his ideas into action - he knew very well how to fly by the seat of his pants and to think standing up... and yes, yes, I know he was 'written' that way. fwiw
I wouldn't pick Renard. All of his schemes seem to flop and go bad. Monroe seemed to know and understand his world--the wessen world--better than anyone. Nick was a quick learner, read the tales of others, learned by experience and forged his own unique path weaving between the two realities of his life. He had good street smarts, did not trust HW, BC or Renard. His schooling wasn't as good as Renard but he was smarter.
(10-22-2017, 09:54 AM)silver Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2017, 09:45 AM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]Are you kidding me? What is smart? Is it being knowledgeable? Maybe. Seam was knowledgeable, so was Monroe and Rosalee, even Adalind was in her Hex knowledge. They were all very knowledge in their own way.

When I just now started reading this new thread, I skimmed the posts - yours last, and was shocked as ykw to see you chose who I chose - Nick. He was the kind to think adeptly and bring people together to put his ideas into action - he knew very well how to fly by the seat of his pants and to think standing up... and yes, yes, I know he was 'written' that way. fwiw

We have "HOPE" for you silver. Don't drink the kool-aid.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9