Grimm Forum

Full Version: Who was the smartest character?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(10-28-2017, 09:51 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]It's been stated in the show that he went to the finest of schools his mother left Europe on a private Royal jet. You shouldn't being able to afford the houses he lives in on a captains salary some captains in real life barley get paid more than Dectectives .

Apart from the queen trying to have him and his his mother killed, and his family's resentment of him, Sean's lived a plush life. And then he decided to become a cop instead of joining his family fold and do sse he was bid by his father and half brother. That's about as pedestrian as his life got, the half royal prince disappointing his family at every chance he could get. No matter how regular he seemed on the olutside, Sean had far greater ambitions for himself since he thought he was better than his family.
He wouldn't have had a plush life working his way up to police captain.
(10-28-2017, 10:11 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]He wouldn't have had a plush life working his way up to police captain.
Yes he could. What he does for a living has not changed how he lives or how he's lived since escaping Vienna. Renard hasn't lived a regular run of the mill life as a cop or captain.

I believe Erik looked down on him for his job, not how he lived.
(10-28-2017, 09:26 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2017, 09:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think so. No one's called Nick a bastard. There's a stigma attached to that.
Sure, if he wanted to be king.

I doubt people are bemoaning their illegitimacy as a hardship in this day and age when broken homes are now the norm/rule and not the exception. Bastardry on a show like Game of Thrones is something that's significant due to the plot and era. le the other didn't.

Nah, it doesn't matter on GoT either. Bastards can become King because a 10-year old girl shames a bunch of grown men and they can take over Dorne by murdering the royal family and not be contested.
(10-28-2017, 11:41 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2017, 09:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think so. No one's called Nick a bastard. There's a stigma attached to that.

I doubt people are bemoaning their illegitimacy as a hardship in this day and age when broken homes are now the norm/rule and not the exception. Bastardry on a show like Game of Thrones is something that's significant due to the plot and era. le the other didn't.

Nah, it doesn't matter on GoT either. Bastards can become King because a 10-year old girl shames a bunch of grown men and they can take over Dorne by murdering the royal family and not be contested.
It makes me wonder about the rest of A Song Of Ice And Fire is like since I haven't read past part 2 of A Storm Of Swords.

They are two separate entities at this point.
(10-28-2017, 11:46 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2017, 11:41 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]

It makes me wonder about the rest of A Song Of Ice And Fire is like since I haven't read past part 2 of A Storm Of Swords.

They are two separate entities at this point.

I haven't read past the chapter where Dany gets the Unsullied but I highly doubt it. I do know that the books are so much more consistent and tends not to break it own rules.
(10-28-2017, 12:05 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]Book Jamie is so much better than show Jamie that's for sure he's already free of his sisters clutches along time ago in the books. Plus book Jamie hasn't raped anyone and ruined his redemption arch.
I love book Jon, Jaime and Stannis.
(10-28-2017, 10:22 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2017, 10:11 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]He wouldn't have had a plush life working his way up to police captain.
Yes he could. What he does for a living has not changed how he lives or how he's lived since escaping Vienna. Renard hasn't lived a regular run of the mill life as a cop or captain.

I believe Erik looked down on him for his job, not how he lived.

rp, in one of the episodes, after his mother saved his ass from death, he thanked his mom for the fortune she gave him or was using. It's there in the damm script.

S4, E5, Cry Luison. Scene: Renard walks around his new home and talks to his mother.
Elizabeth: Your new home must have cost a small fortune.
Renard: Thank God you had one. Security here is far better than what I had before.
Elizabeth: Good, because I can only save you that way once.
Renard: I know what that must've cost you. I'm very grateful. Did you happen to meet the young woman staying with Nick and Juliette?

Here we go again with an inattentive poster contradicting the facts and creating a baseless opinion as a valid observation, then demanding respect for the invention and for the rest to believe it. Talk about insulting.

Besides the scrip, anyone can easily see that his standard of living was way beyond a police captain salary. Can't wait to see how the actual lines will be reinterpreted to mean he is a pauper.
(10-28-2017, 10:22 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]Yes he could. What he does for a living has not changed how he lives or how he's lived since escaping Vienna. Renard hasn't lived a regular run of the mill life as a cop or captain.

Based on what?
GL rp on keeping your sanity. May I recommend a nice Woodbridge Moscato wine. Its fairly priced, California White Moscato type It will greatly help.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9