Grimm Forum

Full Version: What are some goofs you noticed on Grimm.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here are 3 of the goofs I considered production mistakes.

1st.) During the first 2 seasons we see Monroe drive a yellow Volkswagen bug. Not a modern one but a nice pale-yellow vintage one.
S3, E11, The Good Soldier. As Monroe and Rosalee pull up to Rosalee’s mom house. They are sporting a brand-new brown, Fiat 500.
S3, E13, Revelation. Monroe is back to driving his pale-yellow bug. And again, in S3, E18, The Law of Sacrifice. The same bug is parked in his driveway
S5, E1, The Grimm Identity. Monroe shows up at Chavez’s house to get Nick to back off with his pale-yellow Volkswagen.

2nd.) In one of the episodes we see Monroe’s family crest AKA “Coat of Arms” and the name below it is Blutbad. Is it possible that his sir name is also his Wesen species?

3rd.) The last scene, when Kelly is writing in a Grimm book about his father’s exploits. The flat screens were current technology being used circa 2016-2017. If that was to have taken place 20 years ahead, it would take us to circa 2047. Do you really think 20 years from now, the flat screen and software display will be the same? Was it the same 20 years past, circa 1997?

These are some of the goofs I have noticed throughout the series. I could probably think of more, but then there would be nothing left for others to add. Pleas add your goofy observations. Please make them based on actual scenes of the show, not your wonderful imaginable re-writes.

Better yet, if you can explain them and debunk the goofs.
I also noted the new trailer was date to now not 20 years from now. The two cars I didn't see as a goof they were just a two car family and use Rosalee car somethings and his other times. I always wanted to know why Monroe never painted the left rear fender on the VW? He worked to repair old clock and watches so why leave the fender?

In season the start of season five when NIck wakes up the window Juliette broke with NIck's head is repaired later it isn't.

Over the seasons who do you think did all the repair work on the house?? Bud and crew and did they do it so fast, we never see a scene where it is under repair only repaired. I see that as a goof point.
I think it was the " troop of Chavez"-5×1- as well as cleaned the garage- 5×1-
It was never mentioned whether the body of Chavez.
Monroe and Rosalee had two cars, which they drove interchangeably (although the Fiat did appear to be mostly Rosalee's).

Aunt Marie's trailer was nearly 40 years old when it passed to Nick. It wasn't terribly well maintained, but today there are plenty of 40-year-old Airstreams that are kept in "like new" condition. The "new" trailer could have been bought and kitted out any time during the 20 years that passed after the last scene in Monroe's house. No reason to assume that it's brand spanking new just because it's not battered.

The two biggest "goofs" in Grimm are the absurdly mangled organization of the PPB (a captain running an entire precinct) and the incredibly compressed size of the Portland metropolitan area (everywhere Nick and Hank have to go is a "be there in 15," even if they're 40 miles from downtown PDX).
When J torched trailer - it appeared that the closet full o' weapons was partially destroyed, but when the guys come to see what happened, it appeared to be totally untouched as the doors swung upon, I definitely thought they should've made the story/camera work equal what really happened. That was disappointing they did it that way.
(10-20-2017, 11:02 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Monroe and Rosalee had two cars, which they drove interchangeably (although the Fiat did appear to be mostly Rosalee's).

Aunt Marie's trailer was nearly 40 years old when it passed to Nick. It wasn't terribly well maintained, but today there are plenty of 40-year-old Airstreams that are kept in "like new" condition. The "new" trailer could have been bought and kitted out any time during the 20 years that passed after the last scene in Monroe's house. No reason to assume that it's brand spanking new just because it's not battered.

The two biggest "goofs" in Grimm are the absurdly mangled organization of the PPB (a captain running an entire precinct) and the incredibly compressed size of the Portland metropolitan area (everywhere Nick and Hank have to go is a "be there in 15," even if they're 40 miles from downtown PDX).

I have actually seen one Airstream's restored from way back. They seem to keep their value if they are maintained or restored.
(10-21-2017, 12:36 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]The show always seemed to mess up the timelines.

That's the biggest goof for me. Nothing seems to flow consistently because they mixed reel time with real time.
(10-21-2017, 02:06 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]They weren't math experts thats for sure just look at the pregnecy dates on the show.

Haha, I am so glad someone brought this up.

They goofed up on the trailer big time. While it's fun to think Nick was able to actually tow it to this somehow secluded spot on private land, that's not really believable.
(10-21-2017, 10:33 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2017, 10:12 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2017, 02:06 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]They weren't math experts thats for sure just look at the pregnecy dates on the show.

Haha, I am so glad someone brought this up.

They goofed up on the trailer big time. While it's fun to think Nick was able to actually tow it to this somehow secluded spot on private land, that's not really believable.

Another big one for me is how much power a police captains have in the show in real life they don't have anywhere near as much power they certainly don't run a whole percent.

I won’t question if a captain can, but looking at Portland’s actual 3 police precinct, the one Sean was running is more than just a Police precinct but more of a Police Headquarters. Maybe it isn’t housing the clerical departments but I do believe is home to specialized and other support units.
When Nick and Adalind returned to the fome. When they were talking about how she was glad to be back with him and he responded that he had almost gone crazy without her. At first he was accross the table from her then suddenly he was sitting on the same side as her holding her hand.
Pages: 1 2