Grimm Forum

Full Version: Grimm Season 5 deleted scenes ... enjoy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(01-01-2017, 01:05 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2016, 11:56 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]The deleted scenes where replaced with others. So you could not make a director's cut with them in. The fact that there where scenes the defined Nick and adalind. Further supports the writer decided to not go with a Nick and adalind end game

Most likely there is no end game since the show name is GRIMM and important characters are going to be dying. G&K says they did not want 22 shows for season 6 since they felt they had run out of good ideas.
I agree with your signature, so true and often disregarded by fans.
(01-01-2017, 01:34 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with your signature, so true and often disregarded by fans.

Thank you
(12-31-2016, 11:46 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]I've always thought more shows should do this. They should just release a version where all of the deleted scenes are kept in where they would've originally been placed. Many fans would like that and they would even accept the crappy ones. They would always have the edited version anyway so what's the harm?

I suppose egos could come into play if a writer thinks certain scenes were horribly written or an actor doesn't want in released to the world but it's something I'd be interested in. A lot of scenes are cut for time so these are the ones that can help to improve the story that's being told. There are definitely scenes that are left in that really need the deleted ones to help make sense of them.

What might be a better solution is to add the episodes with commentaries. I bought the movie, From Hell, shortly after it came out on DVD as I like its premise of Jack the Ripper. On one side was the movie, on the other was also the movie, only it wasn't the entire movie. Instead it was a lengthy commentary complete with scenes from the movie and deleted scenes too.

The commentary on From Hell was quite interesting with regard to the vision the director had for the movie. I learned quite a few things about the scenes that were in the movie that I never would have caught watching it straight through. There were some interesting comments on the deleted scenes and why they were cut.

I generally find the commentaries boring, but it might be interesting to find out what direction the creative team intended to take on Grimm and the reasons for changing their vision.
Commentaries are very informative I think.
I’ve been comparing the deleted scenes and those that aired, and I don’t think any scenes expressed more than Nick & Adalind becoming more comfortable and open with one another. Nick enjoying a sneak peak of Adalind’s cute little ass is nothing more than it is. He can appreciate it without putting a ring on it. No doubt N/A shippers would be sending out wedding invitations, but viewed for what it is, the deleted scenes only added to the hint of a possible N/A endgame, they didn’t come close to confirming it. But this is what happens when grown men view adult interaction with the maturity of twelve year old girls - sexual attraction equates love. It’s why Adalind wore big sweaters & comfortable pajamas in the fome with Nick and tight dresses & lingerie in the mansion with Renard. How do we know a significant change has occurred without a stark contrast.

Nick’s sudden mistrust of Adalind, Adalind in love with Nick, and Eve suddenly effected by her concern/feelings for Nick, is G&K creating a contrived scenario to provide Nick trauma & angst, and forcefully retrofitting it instead of utilizing the storyline/arc to it’s fullest benefit. What G&K did with Nick, Adalind, and Eve is as contrived and unnecessary as Meisner’s shirt coming off during a fight. And the sad reality is, the possibilities were endless with the season arc. G&K didn’t have to contrive drama & angst for Nick or any of the characters, it was there for the taking.

And what really gets my goat is that again, the female characters are made submissive and exist only for the benefit of the male ‘hero’. Regardless of how Juliette became Eve, she had become more than Nick’s helpmate, she was independent, in charge, and was respected & trusted by her team - not because of who she was with, but because of who she was. But rather than let her keep her achievement, Eve is relegated to following Nick’s asinine lead. And Adalind, OMG, just scrape my face on the sidewalk and be done with it. Adalind responds to Nick with reason & caution and works to maintain a congenial & safe environment for herself and her son, then snap, she’s so in love with Nick that her love alone is enough for both of them, begs for intimacy, and constantly fears he’ll get rid of her.
I had not even noticed the difference in what she wares around Sean compared to what she wares around Nick.
(01-01-2017, 07:43 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]But this is what happens when grown men view adult interaction with the maturity of twelve year old girls - sexual attraction equates love.

Big Grin Big Grin hahaha ... I could not stop laughing at this.
(01-01-2017, 07:59 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]I had not even noticed the difference in what she wares around Sean compared to what she wares around Nick.

I had noticed. Adalind is in high heels for Sean but not for Nick. Adalind dresses for BC, law office, Sean and Nick all different styles. When filming for 11 and 12 she was dressed like for Sean.
(01-01-2017, 11:34 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2017, 07:59 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]I had not even noticed the difference in what she wares around Sean compared to what she wares around Nick.

I had noticed. Adalind is in high heels for Sean but not for Nick. Adalind dresses for BC, law office, Sean and Nick all different styles. When filming for 11 and 12 she was dressed like for Sean.

I noticed the nightgown when they showed the background scenes for Adalind in the mansion. This is also something that made me think Adalind would go back to Sean. She's always had a penchant for style and wealth. I think that's why the royals appealed to her so much. It makes sense that she would go to Sean to fill her need for style rather than staying in a dingy fome with Nick. The other thing goes back to something Robyn said. It takes work to be beautiful and dress the part. It takes nothing to walk around the house in baggy clothes that can also substitute for pajamas.
I think if G&K had any interest in developing the character Adalind instead of positioning her as needed, Adalind would be consciously settling for Nick instead of convincing herself she was in love with him. For a long time I couldn’t understand why Adalind pretended Nick & the others didn’t take Diana from her while hating Renard for giving Diana to Kelly.

But one big difference in Renard and Nick, for Adalind, is that one kept his child with him despite the circumstances while the other gave his child away because of the circumstances. I think if Adalind could believe that Renard would now protect, and love, both her children she might stay with him by choice.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7