Grimm Forum

Full Version: S5E14 - Lycanthropia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Who shot Doyle's mother? Was it Nick, Hank, Wu, or all three?
I liked it. While it doesn't move the overall plot forward a lot, it's nice to have a few wesen-of-the-week worldbuilding episodes in every season as well. At least we don't have to look past people speaking atrocious German for once (Took out a lot of tension out of the recent episodes set in Germany for me, as a German, though props to the Priest, was that an actual German speaker?). The twist with the mother being the Lycanthrope was nice, I had expected the guy to get out, but not that it wasn't him!

Also, Renard will be suffering of his family complexity addiction, which will cause much confusion in future episodes XD. Why make a decision and clear stuff up with team Grimm if you can be a mysterious wildcard?
Meisner told Sean in the office that he made a deal with Viktor and the resistance. That is why Sean told Adalind Diana was with the resistance. I Don't think at the time Meisner was in the helicopter he was with HW.

After the restaurant Nick told Sean about Eve, Meisner and HW. After Marwan and Sean meet with Meisner he knew he was with HW.
Greetings Grimmsters,
I am writing my post at the nine vote mark. Based on the commentary above I an surprised that most either liked or loved this episode. As usual there were two plots running, Wesen of the Week (WOW) and BC/HW.
The WOW had potential to startle and surprise, but was blah and predictable. The only WOW issue is how that scratch will affect Wu.
Someone commented about the BC/HW plot was sold as world domination. Yet this episode has the wigged wonder break into Rachel's apartment and take two pictures on her cell phone. That was as boring as Sean the schemer tricking Adalind to get votes. I would have given kudos if Adalind had bent all his fingers an toes backward, but all we got was the moving glass trick. Diana in Diapers already did that one.
I am beginning to wonder why I watch Grimm. The show has lost it's pizazz.
New Guy
What I'm baffled about are proclamations on Twitter and Facebook that FrankenEve is a "badass." Breaking into somebody's apartment and taking snapshots of a poster seem like awfully low standards of badassery.

As for Wu, hasn't he seen a horror movie in his entire life? Even a complete stranger to the genre knows getting scratched/bitten by a monster is always bad! This is another case of the writers forcing the characters to behave like utter imbeciles for the sake of moving the plot in the direction they want it to go.
(03-26-2016, 01:54 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Who shot Doyle's mother? Was it Nick, Hank, Wu, or all three?
I watch that twice now and just can't tell for sure but looked to be Wu and Hank, I say that because I can't tell when Nick put the crossbow down and pulled his gun.
Now, I'm scared for Wu after this episode.
(03-26-2016, 03:47 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]I watch that twice now and just can't tell for sure but looked to be Wu and Hank, I say that because I can't tell when Nick put the crossbow down and pulled his gun.

I thought all three of them shot at her, which almost seems like overkill. Wu had his gun pointed on her, so there was no need for Nick or Hank to join in.

But here's the dilemma in my mind. I can think of at least two other instances where Nick decided to let the wesen go, despite the fact that they had killed previously. One was the frog girl, the other was the maiden in the episode earlier this year. The frog girl, like Doyle's mother, couldn't help it. The maiden was let off personally by Nick because it wasn't her choice to kill, but her father's.

Doyle begged Nick not to kill his mother. I don't understand why Nick and company would let Monroe diddle back and forth with her, yet when Doyle said he could handle her (paraphrasing), they open fire the minute she started at him. What happened to all of this compassion Nick is supposed to have? It seems like it only comes out if the wesen are pretty and blonde.
(03-26-2016, 12:21 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]Unlike some of you I rather enjoyed this episode. It was one where they covered quite a bit of info without making it feel rushed.

Some points as they occurred in the episode:

There is a ladder going down into the shaft behind the door. A shaft over 1,000 feet deep. Now why the hell did someone put that there? Dodgy

The meeting between Adalind and Sean was rather cold. She was not taking any of his bullsh%^ or buying any of his 'oh so suave' crap! Good for her. Smile It also made me wonder if (as others have noted on other threads) the sex scene Sasha Roiz talked about at C2E2 may be between him and Eve as Adalind.

There is one thing about that conversation. Sean told Adalind that LBB was with the Laufer. But, when they were in his office, Meisner only said that 'she was with friends'. He did not specifically mention the Laufer.

Could be that HW has her stashed somewhere. This had me thinking. Does Renard know about HW? I don't recall him having any direct dealings or conversations with anyone about HW. He saw Eve at that factory ambush, but none of the crew knew about HW at the time. And I don't recall Meisner mentioning HW during either of their conversations. Either at the hospital or in Sean's office. He used generic terms like 'we' and 'friends'. Could be that Renard simply assumed he was talking about the Laufer. Dodgy

The shipping label and poster didn't tell the audience anything it didn't already know. At least Nick and Hank are starting to get some hints about what Renard may be up to. The possibility still exists that he may be a double agent. IMO that's looking like a slimmer chance each episode though.

Finally, there is a serious inconsistency in the episode, even by Grimm standards. About 23:40 minutes into the episode, Monroe and Rosalee tell Nick and Hank that lycanthropy is specific to blutbaden and is "transmitted as a recessive trait". That indicates that the disease is genetic, not the result of being infected by a microorganism. How could a genetic disease be transmitted to Wu? Dodgy

So, either the writer's really screwed up (which is a real possibility);

OR

**GASP**Monroe and Rosalee were wrong! Oh, no!! Huh
I think Hank and Nick told Renard about HW and Meisner. Maybe the disease is genetic for wesen but something like an infection for a human? Wu will be the Lon Chaney Jr. of this season.
Watched the episode for the third time so this was how I seen the shots Nick had hand the crossbow off to Monroe before they headed back to the gun fire from Hank. Wu was hit and lossed the shotgun when the son tries to stop her and then she attacks the son. Wu is the one who fired 2 shots watching the shots come from the person in front of Monroe and that was Wu. They talked about the crossbow but they had said earlier at the station it would take 5 mins to work. In the woods they again talk about the crossbow but Rosalee and Monroe both said I take to long to work and only tick her off before it could take affect.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8