Grimm Forum

Full Version: What did the stick actually do to Monroe!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This was touched on in another thread, but I've been thinking since I watched 5x12... What the heck did that stick do to Monroe!? Sure it SEEMED like it healed him, and maybe that's a good thing... but what if the affects of whatever that stick did to him have some lasting side-effects? We don't know whether this stick is good or bad, but it had to be buried for a pretty good reason. What if the stick can "cure" wesen of their wesen abilities!? What if Monroe can't woge anymore? Or what if it gives him some sort of unprecendented power? Huh
(03-13-2016, 03:57 PM)DieKleineSchwester Wrote: [ -> ]This was touched on in another thread, but I've been thinking since I watched 5x12... What the heck did that stick do to Monroe!? Sure it SEEMED like it healed him, and maybe that's a good thing... but what if the affects of whatever that stick did to him have some lasting side-effects? We don't know whether this stick is good or bad, but it had to be buried for a pretty good reason. What if the stick can "cure" wesen of their wesen abilities!? What if Monroe can't woge anymore? Or what if it gives him some sort of unprecendented power? Huh

For a long time I've thought the weapon in the black forest would somehow stop wesen from wogueing.
In addition to curing Monroe of blood poisoning, what if the stick "cured" Monroe of being a blutbad?
The interviews indicate other things will happen with the stick some good some bad. But not to Monroe. IMO the stick will be like hexenbiest. The powers and result will be added as needed. AS for what it is. All of the cast state they have no idea what it is. From the writers stand point does it mater. The story relies on what it can do. Origin has never been part of any of the stories.
(03-13-2016, 04:02 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]The interviews indicate other things will happen with the stick some good some bad. But not to Monroe. IMO the stick will be like hexenbiest. The powers and result will be added as needed. AS for what it is. All of the cast state they have no idea what it is. From the writers stand point does it mater. The story relies on what it can do. Origin has never been part of any of the stories.

I kinda like that idea....they never actually say what it is, just leave that up to the viewer's imaginations. Not like there's an instruction manual or a cargo manifest they can refer to. And if there had been any contemporary records of their secret crusade, which is unlikely, they would be apocryphal at best by now...impossible to separate fact from fable. So really, there's no way they CAN know what it is.

And that gets around them having to out-and-out say "its a piece of the True Cross" or "the Spear of Destiny" or anything that'd be overtly tied to Christ. They kinda hinted at its religiosity with the Tree of Eden reference and the allusory "piece of a bigger piece of wood that's very important to a lot of people", maybe that's all they're going to put out there for us.

If Monroe were instantly de-Wesened, though, I have to imagine he'd immediately notice that his senses of hearing and smell were suddenly muted. If a magic artifact suddenly made your eyesight only as good as a dog's, you'd realize that before you even realized where you were.
(03-13-2016, 04:20 PM)droid327 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2016, 04:02 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]The interviews indicate other things will happen with the stick some good some bad. But not to Monroe. IMO the stick will be like hexenbiest. The powers and result will be added as needed. AS for what it is. All of the cast state they have no idea what it is. From the writers stand point does it mater. The story relies on what it can do. Origin has never been part of any of the stories.

I kinda like that idea....they never actually say what it is, just leave that up to the viewer's imaginations. Not like there's an instruction manual or a cargo manifest they can refer to. And if there had been any contemporary records of their secret crusade, which is unlikely, they would be apocryphal at best by now...impossible to separate fact from fable. So really, there's no way they CAN know what it is.

And that gets around them having to out-and-out say "its a piece of the True Cross" or "the Spear of Destiny" or anything that'd be overtly tied to Christ. They kinda hinted at its religiosity with the Tree of Eden reference and the allusory "piece of a bigger piece of wood that's very important to a lot of people", maybe that's all they're going to put out there for us.

If Monroe were instantly de-Wesened, though, I have to imagine he'd immediately notice that his senses of hearing and smell were suddenly muted. If a magic artifact suddenly made your eyesight only as good as a dog's, you'd realize that before you even realized where you were.
Like what is said glad for Monroe what does anyone think it says on the cloth? Wu said there writing here, but no one knew the language.
The cloth will provide clues. But will also create even more questions. Haven't people figured out. Any question answered only adds more questions.
(03-13-2016, 04:37 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Like what is said glad for Monroe what does anyone think it says on the cloth? Wu said there writing here, but no one knew the language.

Does someone have a screenshot? I thought it looked Hebrew, the script looked like little squarish symbols and it'd be regionally appropriate, but I might be way off about that.
(03-13-2016, 05:25 PM)droid327 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2016, 04:37 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Like what is said glad for Monroe what does anyone think it says on the cloth? Wu said there writing here, but no one knew the language.

Does someone have a screenshot? I thought it looked Hebrew, the script looked like little squarish symbols and it'd be regionally appropriate, but I might be way off about that.
I can't tell it was so faint but will bet 1 cent on Aramaic. Would fits as even in 1203 the language was dead.
I may have to watch the episode again, but it looked to me like Monroe has a scar, either from the stick or from the bite. For something that would be considered a cure, I would have thought there wouldn't be any mark left. Did anyone else notice that Monroe still had a mark on his arm?
He had a small scar, but given that he had a raging infection and possibly blood poisoning, that seems a small price.
Pages: 1 2 3 4