Grimm Forum

Full Version: Using "Eve" as a character escape hatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
We've yet to see what's in store for us in future episodes, but I'm concerned that Eve is a device for the writers to dodge Juliette's responsibility for her crimes in season four, especially Kelly's murder.

I just personally feel this whole "Eve" thing was the exact wrong direction to take Juliette after everything she's done. Maybe the writers felt they needed a different - although not necessarily original - angle to bring the character back. No one wanted to see another season of Juliette acting like a vile harpy (unless they wanted their audience to be continually depressed and pissed off). But apparently they also thought a redemption arc was too obvious.

So, what do they do? Turn to another, successful television show for "inspiration." In this case, ALIAS, with some of the Bionic Woman sprinkled in for good measure.

IMO, this only further alienates fans and audiences from Juliette's character, most of whom are divided down the middle: One party feels she should be redeemed for her actions, and another feels she should have been left to rot. By attempting a more "clever" approach, they've only succeeded at irritating everyone.
(01-07-2016, 02:42 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]We've yet to see what's in store for us in future episodes, but I'm concerned that Eve is a device for the writers to dodge Juliette's responsibility for her crimes in season four, especially Kelly's murder.

I just personally feel this whole "Eve" thing was the exact wrong direction to take Juliette after everything she's done. Maybe the writers felt they needed a different - although not necessarily original - angle to bring the character back. No one wanted to see another season of Juliette acting like a vile harpy (unless they wanted their audience to be continually depressed and pissed off). But apparently they also thought a redemption arc was too obvious.

So, what do they do? Turn to another, successful television show for "inspiration." In this case, ALIAS, with some of the Bionic Woman sprinkled in for good measure.

IMO, this only further alienates fans and audiences from Juliette's character, most of whom are divided down the middle: One party feels she should be redeemed for her actions, and another feels she should have been left to rot. By attempting a more "clever" approach, they've only succeeded at irritating everyone.
This Eve plot was to clever by half. I haven't seen any posts where the forum thinks this was a good idea. Now we can hope the writers have some good writing to correct this and make it work but as I'm not the writer I don't see how. Maybe some on the forum see it.
I don't see it. I've already posted on other threads that I don't think this is going to work. Best thing I could suggest to the writers is just kill her off period.
Eve is so the show can capitalize on the hexenbiest character without having the Juliette baggage. As an action figure hexenette came off as a real badass. But hexenette makes Juliette hated for what she does. This way we know who Eve is, so we don't need episodes of backstory. By emotionally separating from the things tied to the actions that made her hated. The writers can wipe the board, and focus on the hexenette part calling it Eve. Now instead of people saying Juliette / Eve is acting like a bitch. The writers are hoping you will say Eve is a bitch. The same as we said about Adalind in the frist two seasons. This was when Eve goes all rambo. Their will be discuss for Eve, instead of disappointment if it was Juliette.
(01-07-2016, 03:43 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see it. I've already posted on other threads that I don't think this is going to work. Best thing I could suggest to the writers is just kill her off period.
Ditto.
(01-07-2016, 03:49 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Eve is so the show can capitalize on the hexenbiest character without having the Juliette baggage. As an action figure hexenette came off as a real badass. But hexenette makes Juliette hated for what she does. This way we know who Eve is, so we don't need episodes of backstory. By emotionally separating from the things tied to the actions that made her hated. The writers can wipe the board, and focus on the hexenette part calling it Eve. Now instead of people saying Juliette / Eve is acting like a bitch. The writers are hoping you will say Eve is a bitch. The same as we said about Adalind in the frist two seasons. This was when Eve goes all rambo. Their will be discuss for Eve, instead of disappointment if it was Juliette.

Syscrash I really appreciate your posts and the way you are seeing the Eve plot line. I would like to be able to see thinks in the same way.

But (there is always a but) the only problem about Eve is that I can't see yet Eve and Juliette as different person. And considering the opinions in the forum I think many other viewers think like me.

I know the writers you try to make us see Eve as a new character but she is not. That will be the writers hard job: to convince us Eve is a new character.
Hi Adriano,
We have some expressions up here in USA. I'll paraphrase for Grimm:

You can put a platinum hooker wig on Juliette,
but she (Eve) is still Juliette!

Here is the original:

[Image: lipstick_pig_080910_mn1.jpg]

New Guy
What the writers want is hexenette without Juliette. Even Adalind at her wrost never verbal abused Nick as bad as hexenette did. that is what the writers want. Dump the broad and keep the bitch and call it Eve.
(01-07-2016, 06:05 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]What the writers want is hexenette without Juliette. Even Adalind at her wrost never verbal abused Nick as bad as hexenette did. that is what the writers want. Dump the broad and keep the bitch and call it Eve.
Hi Sycrash,
We kind of agree here.
Juliette is the bitch that moved into Nick's home. Claimed she didn't know him. Then claimed to love him but rejected his proposal. Yet was not woman enough to move out.
Hexenette is the bitch who arranged the murder of Nick's mother and his neighbors. She is the bitch that proved her moral depravity by fornicating Nick's boss. Then just to be sure she fornicates the guy who decapitates Nick's Mother in Nick's own bed.
Eve is the bitch who will claim Juliette is dead but has her body and memories and will go about exploding brains for the HW crew to clean up.
Juliette, Hexenette and Eve are all the same bitch. Nothing has been presented to prove otherwise. Eve is the epitome of a phony:

noun: phony
a fraudulent person or thing.
synonyms: impostor, sham, fake, fraud, charlatan;

Webster: phony
not true, real, or genuine : intended to make someone think something that is not true.
of a person : not honest or sincere : saying things that are meant to deceive people.

The Grimm show must create a believable plot line with believable characters. This phony Eve thing is a huge mistake.

New guy
(01-07-2016, 06:05 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]What the writers want is hexenette without Juliette. Even Adalind at her wrost never verbal abused Nick as bad as hexenette did. that is what the writers want. Dump the broad and keep the bitch and call it Eve.
LOL What you said is so funny and that is exactly what they did.

(01-07-2016, 06:46 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi Sycrash,
We kind of agree here.
Juliette is the bitch that moved into Nick's home. Claimed she didn't know him. Then claimed to love him but rejected his proposal. Yet was not woman enough to move out.
Hexenette is the bitch who arranged the murder of Nick's mother and his neighbors. She is the bitch that proved her moral depravity by fornicating Nick's boss. Then just to be sure she fornicates the guy who decapitates Nick's Mother in Nick's own bed.
Eve is the bitch who will claim Juliette is dead but has her body and memories and will go about exploding brains for the HW crew to clean up.
Juliette, Hexenette and Eve are all the same bitch. Nothing has been presented to prove otherwise. Eve is the epitome of a phony:

noun: phony
a fraudulent person or thing.
synonyms: impostor, sham, fake, fraud, charlatan;

Webster: phony
not true, real, or genuine : intended to make someone think something that is not true.
of a person : not honest or sincere : saying things that are meant to deceive people.

The Grimm show must create a believable plot line with believable characters. This phony Eve thing is a huge mistake.

New guy
Well said friend, Juliette should have broken up with Nick because she couldn't adapt to his Wesen world. When he lost his powers , she was happy but Nick wasn't. It wasn't until she lost Nick did she realize being a GRIMM was who he was. Smh smh, She wanted Nick to accept her but she made it difficult for him to accept her in my opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4