Grimm Forum

Full Version: Using "Eve" as a character escape hatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The theory is it would be unreasonable for Nick to look at Juliette woged. That it was perfectly natural to look away. Then why is Nick able to smile in Adalind's face when she woged in the hotel room in season one. It is not like he was use to a woge let alone a hexenbiest woge. But in the hotel room he smiled with pleasure as he stared at her. Sure he had just called her bluff, the motivation for his response to her woge. But no where did he show disgust for the site like he did with Juliette. Nick's rejection then walking out the door makes no sense. Other then the writers wanted to give a reason for Juliette to seek revenge. The same way as they used the deaths to explain Nicks going after an FBI agent. Correction death. I am hoping they make Nick's unreasonable response also the reason Eve cuts her connection to Nick. In no way bring back the Juliette personality. Second lets not morn the lost of the Juliette personality when talking about Eve.
I question if the posters will be able to comment on Eve without referencing Juliette.
(01-13-2016, 11:32 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]The theory is it would be unreasonable for Nick to look at Juliette woged. That it was perfectly natural to look away. Then why is Nick able to smile in Adalind's face when she woged in the hotel room in season one. It is not like he was use to a woge let alone a hexenbiest woge. But in the hotel room he smiled with pleasure as he stared at her. Sure he had just called her bluff, the motivation for his response to her woge. But no where did he show disgust for the site like he did with Juliette. Nick's rejection then walking out the door makes no sense. Other then the writers wanted to give a reason for Juliette to seek revenge. The same way as they used the deaths to explain Nicks going after an FBI agent. Correction death. I am hoping they make Nick's unreasonable response also the reason Eve cuts her connection to Nick. In no way bring back the Juliette personality. Second lets not morn the lost of the Juliette personality when talking about Eve.
I question if the posters will be able to comment on Eve without referencing Juliette.
I think it would be different to see Adalind woge not connected to her, Juliette woge the first time was a connection to her and his own guilt being the cause. He did tell Sean with LBB and Adalind something like you like that when Adalind woged there.

So far we haven't seen Eve woge will it look the same of now will be more of a corpse? I see Eve as keeping the body alive but with power alone. Trubel did kill her Eve lived. Just IMO.
I am also curious if Eve woge will be different then what Juliette had. The show seems to indicate a hexenbiest woge provides an indication of their power. I would think this would make Eve's woge worse then Frau Pech.
Speaking of woges. the FX department has gotten 200% better then they where in season one. Adalinds woge in the first few episodes is comical compared to what they do now.
Hi Forum,
Hexenadler began this thread as:
Quote:We've yet to see what's in store for us in future episodes, but I'm concerned that Eve is a device for the writers to dodge Juliette's responsibility for her crimes in season four, especially Kelly's murder.

I just personally feel this whole "Eve" thing was the exact wrong direction to take Juliette after everything she's done.
Juliette was human, with a human body, human DNA, human emotions and human memories. All of these human attributes are unique to Juliette. We are told Juliette is dead, but Eve has Juliette's body, her memories, but not her emotions. It seems removing her emotions eliminates her responsibility for her crimes. So if Ted Bundy had removed his emotional attachment to his victims then he should not have been executed. Bunk!
There must be consequence for there to be justice. Eve is Juliette. Eve is fully responsible for what Juliette did. The writers have failed to provide proper consequence for Juliette's crimes. They had her dead, lied about it, and continue to say Juliette is dead.
(01-15-2016, 05:58 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Forum,
Hexenadler began this thread as:
Quote:We've yet to see what's in store for us in future episodes, but I'm concerned that Eve is a device for the writers to dodge Juliette's responsibility for her crimes in season four, especially Kelly's murder.

I just personally feel this whole "Eve" thing was the exact wrong direction to take Juliette after everything she's done.
Juliette was human, with a human body, human DNA, human emotions and human memories. All of these human attributes are unique to Juliette. We are told Juliette is dead, but Eve has Juliette's body, her memories, but not her emotions. It seems removing her emotions eliminates her responsibility for her crimes. So if Ted Bundy had removed his emotional attachment to his victims then he should not have been executed. Bunk!
There must be consequence for there to be justice. Eve is Juliette. Eve is fully responsible for what Juliette did. The writers have failed to provide proper consequence for Juliette's crimes. They had her dead, lied about it, and continue to say Juliette is dead.

Well, here's the thing. Do we see HW as a necessity, as a good organization so to speak? Do we think they're right in killing wesen? If we answer with an affirmative to any of this, then we must be willing to accept Eve and not wonder about her Juliette connection. She's being used by this good organization to fight wesen. If they could care less about her past, why should we?
(01-15-2016, 06:18 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Well, here's the thing. Do we see HW as a necessity, as a good organization so to speak? Do we think they're right in killing wesen? If we answer with an affirmative to any of this, then we must be willing to accept Eve and not wonder about her Juliette connection. She's being used by this good organization to fight wesen. If they could care less about her past, why should we?

I have to say: I think your questions are perfect to what I understood it is the main objective of this thread.

And I after reading your post I think this is exactly what the writers have in mind: Eve is now working for a good people protecting us from the bad guys.

But as you pointed out: is the HW really the good guys?
Eve is guilty of the deaths.but not remember anything.
his punishment should be used by this organization
and live in the cell.saying "emotions" would also be empathy
hatred.so serious as Eve looks on TV afterlife.That happens to the murderers in real life.
Yes, I think that HW is a good organization.It is not that they kill any "Wesen" out there.
Chavez mentioned hazardous "Wesen" on the sociedad.que would use their power to murder for their own benefit.
Nick group can not stop the "Damn bitch Juliette Hexenbiest.
(01-15-2016, 07:08 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]Eve is guilty of the deaths.but not remember anything.
hatred.so serious as Eve looks on TV afterlife.That happens to the murderers in real life.
Yes, I think that HW is a good organization.It is not that they kill any "Wesen" out there.
Chavez mentioned hazardous "Wesen" on the sociedad.que would use their power to murder for their own benefit.

I think Nicks group COULD kill Juliette. They just never tried to. They always tried to save her from the darkside.
(01-15-2016, 06:59 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2016, 06:18 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Well, here's the thing. Do we see HW as a necessity, as a good organization so to speak? Do we think they're right in killing wesen? If we answer with an affirmative to any of this, then we must be willing to accept Eve and not wonder about her Juliette connection. She's being used by this good organization to fight wesen. If they could care less about her past, why should we?

I have to say: I think your questions are perfect to what I understood it is the main objective of this thread.

And I after reading your post I think this is exactly what the writers have in mind: Eve is now working for a good people protecting us from the bad guys.

But as you pointed out: is the HW really the good guys?
Should we also ask what are Eve reason for helping HW, is she playing them? HW may being looking out for humans but is Eve?
(01-15-2016, 10:01 AM)crossbar Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2016, 07:08 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]Eve is guilty of the deaths.but not remember anything.

I think Nicks group COULD kill Juliette. They just never tried to. They always tried to save her from the darkside.
Hi Crossbar,
Trubel did kill Hexenette to save Nick's life and thus saving the show. In 4.22, Kelly was not yet born. Nick's life had hit rock bottom and he decided death was a way out of his pain.
Now he has Kelly and wants to provide for him. He had accepted Juliette's death and was moving on when this Eve thing shows up. Juliette's death brought Nick (tragic) closure. This Eve thing re-opens all the pain and anguish. He did not forgive Juliette, she was killed, he was healing and now the dagger plunges into his soul again.
There is no indication that Eve (Juliette) has any remorse, lacks any feeling of responsibility and will not seek redemption. She is an emotionless instrument of death.
Nick has compassion and caring. He is providing shelter for both Adalind and Kelly. Recall that Adalind has confessed that she has done awful things to Nick, regrets her evil ways and wants him to share in Kelly's upbringing.
So will Nick forgive Adalind? (likely) Will Nickalind set sail? (I hope not)
Will Nick suppress all memory of Juliette? Will he believe Juliette is dead and this Eve thing is wonderfully intriguing? (No way)
Quote:Greenwalt also confirmed that there would be a crucial scene in "Eve of Destruction" that focuses on Eve and Nick confronting each other. According to Greenwalt, Eve doesn't relate to Nick in any form despite having Juliette's memories simply because she considers Juliette to be dead.
If "Eve doesn't relate to Nick in any form" then why not just bury Juliette's corpse and have a viable Grimm show we can all enjoy?
New Guy
Pages: 1 2 3 4