Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick lawlessness: does he have the right to choose between "To Be Lawful or Good"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Monroee saw it as another Grimm interested in Grimm book. Only we know Nick callled Trubel for back up. Once she got their they played it like just two Grimm's interested in the book. That is why the above post of are they trying to break them up makes me think. Why call for back up, and not you have to come see these Grimm books. That is a subtle difference and I would not base a lot of speculation on it. But the writers did write it. Consider Nick and Monroe have been together since the beginning. In this show nothing last. There has been no discourse within the group. They are due for a shake up.

In all fairness Xavier was Monroee friend. And he set them up. Maybe caution was warranted
(03-03-2016, 05:34 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2016, 05:21 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Now with it being Monroe's uncle I can also see no need for it as you trust Monroe and because of that you trust the uncle. I don't think it crossed Monroe's mind that Nick didn't trust him. Both had just lived thru a ambush after trusting someone.

I'm going to throw something out here that I've been thinking about well before this happened. I have been wondering if the scoobies will separate, that is, some will willingly go to the Black Claw and some to the HW. What if the creators are starting to tear the team apart piece by piece, and this is the first rip? It didn't appear Monroe was upset by Nick's use of bodyguard Trubel, but who knows? When he gets back to Rosalee and has time to think about it....maybe? There hasn't been a real knock down drag out between those two yet.
No surprise but I don't see any of the scooby's being involved with black claw. Now could they disagree on how much to work with HW maybe. I see that as being Wu and Hank because it is wesen on wesen for now.
(03-03-2016, 05:21 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2016, 01:56 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:What did you think of Trubel in that scene with Uncle Felix? I was doing a double take there and wondering where she was coming from and then why Nick brought her in the first place. It wasn't like these guys were going to some open warehouse (although maybe they should have. Nick seems to be under the impression he can't be ambushed in open spaces). They were in a confined room and Monroe was with them. If Nick had doubts he should have brought them up to Monroe right away.

I agree having Trubel come with him to Monroes house to meet Felix to me showed erosion of the trust he had with Monroe. Nick has never questioned Monroes judgement before. That Nick feels he needs a body guard going over Nicks, and Monroe not even react to it. Gave me one of those. the writers are taking a shortcut to get from point A to B. I see the Trubel being there as a way to get Monroe to HW. But breaking the bond of trust between Nick and Monroe was no way to do it. That hurt.

Nick has been off his game so long I have given up as seeing him as a detective. A dead manticor on the floor, the explanation he missed. That's when I took his detective badge.
I kind of give Nick and Trubel a little room here they don't know Monroe's Uncle and based on what has been happening in Portland with BC, Nick may have thought the Rosalee and Monroe were in danger also. A Grimm book was a good way to get Nick into a trap. I think all Grimm's for now should use some care and if you have another Grimm to help use them.

Now with it being Monroe's uncle I can also see no need for it as you trust Monroe and because of that you trust the uncle. I don't think it crossed Monroe's mind that Nick didn't trust him. Both had just lived thru a ambush after trusting someone.

I can go long with that. I also think Nick brought her because he wanted HW to be up to speed on this as well. Nick may not trust them very much, but he does understand the need to share intel, wish those HW jerks did also.Confused

Anyway, if anything happened to him, Truble would know what was going on and who the contact was. Dodgy
This thread has been well debated should we add this to the debate Nick and HW? When this threat was first posted we hadn't heard of HW now we have a gov. group fighting a wesen uprising so does this change what right Nick has to make the hard choice?

It is one thing for police it is altogether different with war. So if Nick, Hank, Wu, Renard, Rosalee, and Monroe work with HW how does this add to this thread? Or should that be a different thread?

Myself I see this thread with the debate so will thought out here being in a way the same debate but now we added war to the question. As one who see the series as fantasy I have no problems with the change in terms so yes Nick and the Scooby's can do what is needed in war, but I know others see it as a police first show so this new twist now makes it a war series also. War and police work are different with different rules of engagement.

Thoughts ideas?
(03-04-2016, 08:14 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]War and police work are different with different rules of engagement.

Thoughts ideas?
Agreed there are different rules. it's especially murky when HW and BC are not countries, but nationals of different nations engaged in a clandestine war. The best analogy would be the mob wars. What they're doing is illegal -committing acts of lawlessness that authorities turn a blind eye to because it's one set of bad guys killing another set of bad guys.

Breaking the law like Nick did to fly out of the country on a false passport, especially when the FBI already have him under surveillance is not the smartest thing. They've probably had Renard watched for a long time, too. We've seen two suspicious deaths in police cells an evidence room trashed and probable links of his own with the mob.

Nick and Hank's presence were the only reason the two brothers didn't get killed by Trubel. Nick's letting Trubel have the rope to hang her or rather HW. I suspect in hindsight that is what he did with Juliette. He's a very good detective.

I'd expect the FBI to make their move soon.
(03-05-2016, 06:44 AM)tscchope Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2016, 08:14 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]War and police work are different with different rules of engagement.

Thoughts ideas?
Agreed there are different rules. it's especially murky when HW and BC are not countries, but nationals of different nations engaged in a clandestine war. The best analogy would be the mob wars. What they're doing is illegal -committing acts of lawlessness that authorities turn a blind eye to because it's one set of bad guys killing another set of bad guys.

Breaking the law like Nick did to fly out of the country on a false passport, especially when the FBI already have him under surveillance is not the smartest thing. They've probably had Renard watched for a long time, too. We've seen two suspicious deaths in police cells an evidence room trashed and probable links of his own with the mob.

Nick and Hank's presence were the only reason the two brothers didn't get killed by Trubel. Nick's letting Trubel have the rope to hang her or rather HW. I suspect in hindsight that is what he did with Juliette. He's a very good detective.

I'd expect the FBI to make their move soon.
Just a point of interest do you see Nick and Hank out to shut down Trubel and HW?
(03-03-2016, 05:53 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Monroee saw it as another Grimm interested in Grimm book. Only we know Nick callled Trubel for back up. Once she got their they played it like just two Grimm's interested in the book. That is why the above post of are they trying to break them up makes me think. Why call for back up, and not you have to come see these Grimm books. That is a subtle difference and I would not base a lot of speculation on it. But the writers did write it. Consider Nick and Monroe have been together since the beginning. In this show nothing last. There has been no discourse within the group. They are due for a shake up.

In all fairness Xavier was Monroee friend. And he set them up. Maybe caution was warranted

Nick really played this one strangely in my opinion. When Felix questioned Nick about Trubel, all he said was Trubel was like him, which I took to mean he was telling Felix she was a Grimm. Felix (and rightly so) in my opinion, woged because now there are two Grimms instead of Nick. He's afraid for his life.

This was Nick's fault. He changed the terms by bringing Trubel along and with no reason other than, 'I don't trust this guy'. Not that that's a bad thing, but usually Nick has something else in mind that he shared which causes the distrust. Here it was nothing, only Hank making a remark.

And how is it that Trubel, who is allied with the HW, has time to run personal errands with Nick? That seems odd to me.
This really isn't about Nick, but about the north precinct. I have been fascinated with the wesen cops ever since I saw them with Conrad. Did they face the same dilemma as Nick, to be lawless or good?
(04-25-2017, 05:13 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]This really isn't about Nick, but about the north precinct. I have been fascinated with the wesen cops ever since I saw them with Conrad. Did they face the same dilemma as Nick, to be lawless or good?

I don't recall Nick every facing that choice or it being a dilemma for him. Had they made that an actual story line I might of had far less trouble with the series overall.
(04-25-2017, 05:13 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]This really isn't about Nick, but about the north precinct. I have been fascinated with the wesen cops ever since I saw them with Conrad. Did they face the same dilemma as Nick, to be lawless or good?

I think the question would be: did they face the dilemma to be lawless or BC? Since they broke the law to follow Conrad's orders. Actually I know your question is right since from their point of view those cop wesen point of view they were being good for wesen society.

(04-25-2017, 05:57 AM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't recall Nick every facing that choice or it being a dilemma for him. Had they made that an actual story line I might of had far less trouble with the series overall.

As far as remember the show never addressed this dilemma. This is one of elements the writers had in their hands but they never used.

This is a question we posted in the forum since from some of us Nick was supposed to be a cop and from others he was supposed to be a grimm.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20