Grimm Forum

Full Version: should we look at Grimm's who are not good guys?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Well whatever you guys think I think there is nothing to complain about for wesen or grimms in this situation. From what i understood is that wesen have much more wild nature which lead them to attack normal folk. And grimms basically want to stop them, and i can't blame them for being so partial to cutting off heads. I mean you're a normal guy one day and then suddenly you're a grimm and can see wesen. And wesen have this incredibly diverse nature from each other. All those different strengths and weaknesses, they probably thought "Let's just cut their heads off" (sure fire way to make sure they die). And since they can't kill every one of them it's much better to strike fear and from all those sessions in the trailer. I kinda got the impression they succeeded. Honestly it's not like this is the sort of thing that most people would know or understand. Besides laws are made to keep the peace not seek justice. And Grimms have been compensating for most non-wesen have been ignorant of. I mean wesen live in society but have a side that society or normal law can't judge.
(04-21-2017, 03:54 PM)zinores Wrote: [ -> ]Well whatever you guys think I think there is nothing to complain about for wesen or grimms in this situation. From what i understood is that wesen have much more wild nature which lead them to attack normal folk. And grimms basically want to stop them, and i can't blame them for being so partial to cutting off heads. I mean you're a normal guy one day and then suddenly you're a grimm and can see wesen. And wesen have this incredibly diverse nature from each other. All those different strengths and weaknesses, they probably thought "Let's just cut their heads off" (sure fire way to make sure they die). And since they can't kill every one of them it's much better to strike fear and from all those sessions in the trailer. I kinda got the impression they succeeded. Honestly it's not like this is the sort of thing that most people would know or understand. Besides laws are made to keep the peace not seek justice. And Grimms have been compensating for most non-wesen have been ignorant of. I mean wesen live in society but have a side that society or normal law can't judge.

Good point about decapitation. Pretty much a sure bet to kill anyone! Big Grin Interesting that you revived this thread. As I posted a couple of years ago, I always thought that a Grimm hitman, extortionist, etc.. would have been a good story idea.

Nick and/or Truble would have to confront the jerk before he screwed up everything they had done to build trust and friendship with 'good' wesen. Really think that would have made a good episode. Idea
(04-22-2017, 11:03 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]Good point about decapitation. Pretty much a sure bet to kill anyone! Big Grin

I was hoping to see the decapitation of Zestorer in 'The End'. Tongue
Too bad they gave us a teaser and never followed through.
(04-22-2017, 11:03 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]Good point about decapitation. Pretty much a sure bet to kill anyone! Big Grin Interesting that you revived this thread. As I posted a couple of years ago, I always thought that a Grimm hitman, extortionist, etc.. would have been a good story idea.

Nick and/or Truble would have to confront the jerk before he screwed up everything they had done to build trust and friendship with 'good' wesen. Really think that would have made a good episode. Idea

Hmmm, I think it would have made a good season arch and far more watchable than season 4, 5, or 6 were.
Grimm was definitely presented as a fantasy loosely set in a police/crime drama.

NBC may have requested a police-based show and it’s original synopsis suggested as much, but the network clearly accepted what G & K offered as sufficient because the only feature remotely suggesting police cases was the procedural format.

The central character became a Grimm and solved his first Wesen case outside established laws and codes in the pilot episode. The story wasn’t about a cop gone bad or even rogue, it was that a child would have died a gruesome death had Nick not embraced the Grimm way.

I think Adriano has it right: “The way I see it, the crimes are only excuses to take Nick to the Wesen of the week. All times Nick and Hank are called to investigate a crime, suddenly all clues lead to the offender, that 100% of the time was some kind of Wesen.”

The show would have worked just as well, and perhaps better, had Nick been ‘drafted’ by an HW type organization after solving his first Wesen case as a Grimm, left the police force but retained Hank & Wu as inside contacts alerting him to strange cases that couldn’t be resolved through standard police channels.

NBC would have the equivalent of it’s requested cop/crime drama while not having the central character trample the rule of ‘human’ law, because he would have realized he couldn’t be a cop and a Grimm without constantly compromising both.

Edited to add:

Thanks, Jsgrimm45, this is one of the most interesting discussions I’ve seen on the forum. I kept anticipating it morphing into a someone vs. someone debate, and was pleasantly surprised when it didn’t. I wish we'd had more of this this type discussion on the forum.
(04-23-2017, 06:26 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Grimm was definitely presented as a fantasy loosely set in a police/crime drama.

NBC may have requested a police-based show and it’s original synopsis suggested as much, but the network clearly accepted what G & K offered as sufficient because the only feature remotely suggesting police cases was the procedural format.

The central character became a Grimm and solved his first Wesen case outside established laws and codes in the pilot episode. The story wasn’t about a cop gone bad or even rogue, it was that a child would have died a gruesome death had Nick not embraced the Grimm way.

I think Adriano has it right: “The way I see it, the crimes are only excuses to take Nick to the Wesen of the week. All times Nick and Hank are called to investigate a crime, suddenly all clues lead to the offender, that 100% of the time was some kind of Wesen.”

The show would have worked just as well, and perhaps better, had Nick been ‘drafted’ by an HW type organization after solving his first Wesen case as a Grimm, left the police force but retained Hank & Wu as inside contacts alerting him to strange cases that couldn’t be resolved through standard police channels.

NBC would have the equivalent of it’s requested cop/crime drama while not having the central character trample the rule of ‘human’ law, because he would have realized he couldn’t be a cop and a Grimm without constantly compromising both.

Edited to add:

Thanks, Jsgrimm45, this is one of the most interesting discussions I’ve seen on the forum. I kept anticipating it morphing into a someone vs. someone debate, and was pleasantly surprised when it didn’t. I wish we'd had more of this this type discussion on the forum.
Robyn

Both new and good points and your suggestion that HW like organization would have helped Nick at the beginning IMO is very true. If Nick worked for a human aware of the wesen world at this organization rather than Sean it would been very helpful too.
(04-23-2017, 06:26 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Jsgrimm45, this is one of the most interesting discussions I’ve seen on the forum. I kept anticipating it morphing into a someone vs. someone debate, and was pleasantly surprised when it didn’t. I wish we'd had more of this this type discussion on the forum.
I agree, I wish discussions wouldn't devolve into Person A vs Person B. I've fallen into the trap but I always try to avoid perpetuating this type of back and forth. It certainly would keep this place refreshing.
We know there were bad Grimms. The one who killed the turtle people was for sure bad, he killed for the fun of it. Most of the other Grimms wrote how they were chasing wessen killers. There probably some who got money to just go away and leave the wessen alone, even the ones who were criminals. I tend to be lazy and my work ethic is near zero, I would probably would see that as a way to get a vacation home in the South Pacific.Big Grin
Most of what Robyn says in this latest post is spot-on. But it would be very difficult to place a Grimm in a better situation to apprehend criminal wesen in any position outside of law enforcement, imo. Fictional shows stretch reality to tell a story; nothing more, in my view.

And I wonder if the average viewer followed the series with the critical approach that Nick is a degenerate, murdering, felon, who betrays his badge in every episode. I sincerely think not, nor do I feel that way.

I tire of moral rants.
I was thinking the other day that if the government is aware of wesen and Grimm, it would be better to pass certain laws that will allow them to enlist Grimms as police officers and their training would utilise their natural gifts as hunters but weave them into the law enforcement system and curb the killing without discrimination, make them into a division within the system that deals with wesen cases accordingly but within the confines of the law.

I don't know how they'd implement it at the beginning but I would hope that with the wesen world becoming less enshrouded as a the years go by, the governments would want to get ahead of the eventual reveal of this underground world and be prepared to deal with the chaos that will no doubt ensue. This was radical groups like black claw are dealt with but not in a clandestine way that could have backfired on them. I like Nick going at it alone but Grimms need a system of control as much as the wesen had the council. It wouldn't be so bad if this happened between Grimms and their government. They already function as protectors, all their need is to take it further by sanctioning it but with strict guidelines so Grimms don't go rouge and murder people and those who do are dealt with accordingly.

(04-23-2017, 07:07 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]And I wonder if the average viewer followed the series with the critical approach that Nick is a degenerate, murdering, felon, who betrays his badge in every episode. I sincerely think not, nor do I feel that way.
I think there are, several in this forum. I understand where they are coming from but generally I don't think the average viewers cares all that much about Nick or any other protagonists in a TV show pissing all over the laws they swore to uphold. The show is framed around Nick being the hero even when he makes a mistake or deliberately breaks the law, viewers are only expected to see his actions as necessary in the greater fight for good. I would have loved to see the removal of the veil between kehrseite and wesen and had Grimms take their place in maintaining order, not in a Gestapo/SS way or in keeping with their strict tradition of killing but to be true protectors of kehrseite as well as wesen from those people (from both camps) who are a threat to them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10