Grimm Forum
What happened to the Zombie nick storyline?? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What happened to the Zombie nick storyline?? (/Thread-What-happened-to-the-Zombie-nick-storyline)

Pages: 1 2

What happened to the Zombie nick storyline?? - TheRook47 - 06-16-2014

Remember? The beginning of the season, he had the weird reaction to the Voodoo Wesen's zombie juice, and then they had about three episodes where he would suddenly turn pale and ice cold, Juliet would think he was dead...he had superhuman stamina, i.e. running on the treadmill forever without breaking a sweat.

Then....gone.

No more mention of it. Just there one episode, gone the next. That's pretty poor writing, sorry to say. The writers decide they didn't like that storyline--or maybe didn't know how to resolve it?--so they just stop it cold and hope everyone forgets about it?

Poor writing, NBC. Poor writing...

RE: What happened to the Zombie nick storyline?? - wfmyers1207 - 06-16-2014

(06-16-2014, 08:29 PM)TheRook47 Wrote: Remember? The beginning of the season, he had the weird reaction to the Voodoo Wesen's zombie juice, and then they had about three episodes where he would suddenly turn pale and ice cold, Juliet would think he was dead...he had superhuman stamina, i.e. running on the treadmill forever without breaking a sweat.

Then....gone.

No more mention of it. Just there one episode, gone the next. That's pretty poor writing, sorry to say. The writers decide they didn't like that storyline--or maybe didn't know how to resolve it?--so they just stop it cold and hope everyone forgets about it?

There were a couple of episodes in the middle of the season where he seemed to have very acute hearing and smell. But, it does seem the writers just decided to forget about. I don't know. They may bring it back now that Nick has lost his grimmness (For a while. Come on!). But, he still needs an edge! He's up against some bad asses!Smile

RE: What happened to the Zombie nick storyline?? - grimmfreak - 06-16-2014

(06-16-2014, 08:29 PM)TheRook47 Wrote: Remember? The beginning of the season, he had the weird reaction to the Voodoo Wesen's zombie juice, and then they had about three episodes where he would suddenly turn pale and ice cold, Juliet would think he was dead...he had superhuman stamina, i.e. running on the treadmill forever without breaking a sweat.

Then....gone.

Yeah, they kinda did this with the super hearing he got when the fly-guy spit in his eyes in season 2... Grimm writers do this sometimes.
BTW welcome to the forum, enjoy!

RE: What happened to the Zombie nick storyline?? - pale boy - 06-17-2014

@TheRook47 -- welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, especially regarding this topic! It was a bit weird that the zombie plot played such a big role and then was dropped. I know there were a few hints of it here and there afterward, but for the most part, it seems to have quietly gone away. Sort of a loose plot thread just hanging out there.

RE: What happened to the Zombie nick storyline?? - speakeasy - 06-17-2014

Then....gone.

Welcome aboard, TheRook47. Your question makes me wonder if Nick may keep some of his zombie traits even though he loses his Grimm powers. As wfmyers1207 points out, the slow heartbeat, which allowed him to suspend the normal need for oxygen underwater, and the zombie-rage and elevated physical strength would certainly help him contend with those who will try to kill him when the word gets around. Guess we'll see, but you make a valid point about the writing. Exclamation

RE: What happened to the Zombie nick storyline?? - wfmyers1207 - 06-17-2014

Yes, indeed it was rather poor writing to just let the issue drop for most of the season. I mean, in 1 episode his metabolism slowed down so much that Juliette, a trained medical professional, thought he was dead. That's pretty extreme.

They should have resolved it somehow. Even if it was just to say that it slowly wore off after a while. Lame, but believable.Undecided

RE: What happened to the Zombie nick storyline?? - Starfury - 06-21-2014

I've always attributed the physical manifestations Nick has shown of being a Grimm, the super hearing seemed only top come to the fore after his eyes were affected and he had to really concentrate on the senses he had left, and he suddenly appeared to have super hearing. However in the very first episode Nick heard the ipod in the verge off the running path which was clearly beyond the police tape as I recall which could be attributed to his Grimm super hearing manifesting. I do however agree that the slow pulse rate, very grey pallor and dead stare that comes over him was thrown away too easily and could have been utilized more. Though whose to say it won't come back to try and eat our brains at some pointExclamation

RE: What happened to the Zombie nick storyline?? - Annewesen - 07-07-2014

Now that Nick is no longer a Grimm, I wonder what's happened to his Zombie powers. Have they gone too?

RE: What happened to the Zombie nick storyline?? - Starfury - 07-07-2014

(07-07-2014, 03:25 PM)Annewesen Wrote: Now that Nick is no longer a Grimm, I wonder what's happened to his Zombie powers. Have they gone too?

That might be a very unexpected wrinkle for those who think him completely powerless. I think the residual effects of Nicks period of zombification may be independent of Nick's Grimm powers and may give him an edge in the possible attacks he is likely to start getting once it is deseminated that there is a powerless Grimm in Portland Tongue

RE: What happened to the Zombie nick storyline?? - pale boy - 07-07-2014

(06-17-2014, 12:11 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Yes, indeed it was rather poor writing to just let the issue drop for most of the season. I mean, in 1 episode his metabolism slowed down so much that Juliette, a trained medical professional, thought he was dead. That's pretty extreme.

They should have resolved it somehow. Even if it was just to say that it slowly wore off after a while. Lame, but believable.Undecided

Stuff like this just bugs me. Maybe there is a way that the writers plan on integrating the zombie powers and the super hearing in future episodes, but for now, I don't see that going on. These things just come off as forgotten plot threads. Unfortunate, since I think they're cool.

But I think there is a way they could be tied up:

(07-07-2014, 05:33 PM)Starfury Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 03:25 PM)Annewesen Wrote: Now that Nick is no longer a Grimm, I wonder what's happened to his Zombie powers. Have they gone too?

That might be a very unexpected wrinkle for those who think him completely powerless. I think the residual effects of Nicks period of zombification may be independent of Nick's Grimm powers and may give him an edge in the possible attacks he is likely to start getting once it is deseminated that there is a powerless Grimm in Portland Tongue

I hope that -- or something like it! -- happens, Starfury. That would help knit everything together in a nice way. (Btw, nice B5 signature.)