Grimm Forum
Hank - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Hank (/Thread-Hank)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Hank - Lou - 04-13-2013

I can't believe Hank doesn't have his own thread.
Well, now he does.

I was watching an old episode of the Good Wife ( S1 E12) and I spotted Hank. Pretty big role of a Doctor accused of murdering a quarterback.

RE: Hank - bookofknowledge - 04-13-2013

cool.

RE: Hank - pale boy - 04-14-2013

Oh, good thread topic. There needs to be some Hank love up in here. Big Grin

I actually think his journey in this story has a lot of potential. He doesn't have the advantages of a Grimm (like Nick) or a friendly Wesen (like Monroe or Rosalee). He's a human who holds his own against the supernatural. He also is amazingly well-adjusted after all the stuff that has happened to him!

I'd honestly like to see an episode exclusively from his viewpoint, one where all the other characters could be running around in the background chasing "ordinary" looking people (ordinary looking to Hank). And then Hank could save the day or uncover something crazy-cool on his own. Something like "The Zeppo" episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I also love when they show his broad interests too. He's more than just the "tough guy".

RE: Hank - the-epic-prince - 04-15-2013

^ That would be fun. Hank is a really cool character.

RE: Hank - Lou - 04-15-2013

I think there has already been a "Hank" episode. There was that episode where he brought down the "cannibal" wesson. It was Hank who initiated that investigation. and he played a bigger then usual role in the investigation, too.
But I'm all for more Hank episodes, too. but i'm not sure if the show would go for a Nick-less episode. Maybe they could be on two different investigations. Oh, and Nick ends up on the investigation without Wessons and Hank gets the investigation with Wessons.
Also its only a matter of time before Rosalee fixes him up with a nice Fuchsbau girl. that would be cool

Smile

RE: Hank - Lou - 05-10-2013

Thanks to the Oregonian, I finally found out what happened to Hank

"Russell Hornsby, who plays Lt. Hank Griffin, who works homicide cases for the Portland police with partner Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli) on "Grimm," was spotted at the 24 Hour Fitness in the Pearl District this morning by a colleague of mine at The Oregonian. Hornsby was nursing an injury to his Achilles tendon."

RE: Hank - pale boy - 05-11-2013

(05-10-2013, 10:24 AM)Lou Wrote: Thanks to the Oregonian, I finally found out what happened to Hank

"Russell Hornsby, who plays Lt. Hank Griffin, who works homicide cases for the Portland police with partner Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli) on "Grimm," was spotted at the 24 Hour Fitness in the Pearl District this morning by a colleague of mine at The Oregonian. Hornsby was nursing an injury to his Achilles tendon."

Ouch. I heard that the actor had suffered an injury, but I (for some reason -- malfunctioning brain perhaps?) thought it was a sprained ankle.

I wish him a speedy recovery!

RE: Hank - Skywalker - 10-24-2013

Maybe someone has already brought this up...but what about Hank's last name: GRIFFIN.

A Griffin is a mythological creature: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griffin

So.....was this name chosen on purpose? And is Hank a wesen (maybe without knowing it?)
I find it very hard to be believe his last name is just coincidence.

RE: Hank - Gretel Hanselsister - 10-24-2013

Hello Skywalker and welcome to the forum!

This is indeed an interesting idea and absolutely new for me.
A Griffin is a chimera between a lion and an eagle, or at least a lion with wings.

It would really surprise me if Hank was Wesen without knowing it. To my knowledge he has to have Wesen ancestors to be Wesen. And then he surely would know about it!
I like to think "Griffin" could be a hint to Hanks character: proud and strong. The name suits.

RE: Hank - grimmfreak - 10-24-2013

Welcome Skywalker...
An interesting idea indeed. What I think would be cool is if hank were transformed into a wesen. Maybe the thing the key leads to is used by a bad guy and one result is Hank becoming a wesen, maybe something akin to his surname.